Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings for lunch

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Yum!!  Those look great!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Those look much better than those "charred while I take a nap wings" you usually make - what's the verdict on the sauce? SWMBO like teriyaki.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Looks tasty!  :flushed:
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Bought the sauce tonight on account for this thread. Wings tomorrow. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Mickey
    Those look much better than those "charred while I take a nap wings" you usually make - what's the verdict on the sauce? SWMBO like teriyaki.  
    Buying some more tomorrow. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey

Jeremiah said:
    I put them in the bag for about 2 hours in the fridge. Real happy with the results.  

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    I love my BGE.  I love it for the pulled pork, the briskets, the spatchcocked chickens, the ribs, the low and slows, the cedar planked salmons, the flame grilled steaks ... but in my years of being an egg owner (I have the old model with the small handle) I have made two concessions .. smash burgers are better on the blackstone and wings are better fried in the cast iron dutch oven filled with peanut oil ...
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Those wings look great!
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 679
    I think wings are just as good on the Egg. It is kind of like comparing apples and oranges though. I believe the flavor I can get with no sauce is better off a BGE. The crisp is of course better deep fried.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Elijah said:
    I think wings are just as good on the Egg. It is kind of like comparing apples and oranges though. I believe the flavor I can get with no sauce is better off a BGE. The crisp is of course better deep fried.
    Crisp is available off the egg.  Set your wings out in the fridge 24 hours in advance.  Dust them with a little corn starch before you egg them.  I prefer raised direct, others prefer indirect.  Either way, for me it beats deep fried.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 679
    I agree that you can get crisp. I just wouldn't say as crisp as deep fried. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    They look great and I love that sauce.  I have tried a few different sauces from them and they were great.  The hoison garlic is excellent on pork ribs for something different. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Wow....   That is a great meal anytime
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Mickey
    Jeremiah said:
    Next day. How did it go?

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    How long did you marinate them?  Any basting or just the cook?

I have used their original Soy Vay sauce and always liked it.  Haven't used it since I got the egg, though.  No good reason, other than I've had so many other things to try! Will have to look them up again...
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Mickey
    KiterTodd said:
    How long did you marinate them?  Any basting or just the cook?

I have used their original Soy Vay sauce and always liked it.  Haven't used it since I got the egg, though.  No good reason, other than I've had so many other things to try! Will have to look them up again...
    Couple of hours and no basting. 

• Jeremiah
    Mickey said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Next day. How did it go?
    Doing them tonight. Won't have the time to marinate them though. 
  • Mickey
    edited August 2016
    Jeremiah said:
    Mickey said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Next day. How did it go?
    Doing them tonight. Won't have the time to marinate them though. 
    Bet 30 mins would be fine and bast near end. I didn't bast as let the sit 2 hours. 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Winner winner chicken wing  uh, lunch!!! Looks delish. 
  • Jeremiah
    Here you go Mickey. Thanks for the post, pushed me over the edge for the teriyaki sauce, as I've never done it. Very very good. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Fine looking grub ole buddy.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mickey
    @Jeremiah That is a nice cook man. 

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Yes on all accounts for this marinade. Nice job @Mickey @Jeremiah
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Those look great Mickey. Now go try some with Alabama white sauce.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .