Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

July 10 South MS River Fest

Options

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Congrats on the good news!!
    Shelly and I will be in Thursday evening.
    So just let us know how we can help and or prep.
    And I will be bringing my R&V Deep Fryer!

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Options
    A couple of items we have planed for the MS River Fest.

Pig Cakes, in limited supply.

And our Rum and  Bourbon Shooters

And one or two more items. Depending on if time allows. And we may cook on Saturday during the prep!! :o
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • nolabrew
    nolabrew Posts: 246
    Options
    I can't wait. I just got some great news and am ready to party next weekend!! 
    Rock and roll!  I can guess, but either way, good news is sweet.

We're going to be there on the 10th.  Just for the day, so if someone else wants the "hotel", they can have at it!  PS, I'm bringing my boat.  It's completely refurbished

What time are you driving out there?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @nolabrew prolly around 9AM, want to ride up?
    Options
    I really wanted to go. But my wife ( a school teacher) has gone over board with things for us to do this summer. I will probably be able to pull off coming to brisket camp if that happens again. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    And for lunch tomorrow??  Great pic of some serious groceries right there.  One sweet rig and you are obviously maximizing the enjoyment.  Most eggcellent.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hotch
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Looking good Brother Grimm!  B)
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Ok. Dumb Canadian question. MS is Missouri right?  I ask because I am heading to Minnesota that week and could go early if MS is MinnesSota. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Hotch
    Options
    MO 
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • gmac
    Options
    So not Missouri or Minnesota. I assume Missisippi? Little out of the way 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Holy smoke Scott.. That's a motherload of great looking grub.. Happy Independence day to you and the family.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    12 racks pork ribs, 4 pork picnics, 2 brisket 4 racks beef plate ribs, 4 bacon weaves and 2 trays of pineapple gems! What a bbq. My wife's family reunion   
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    gmac said:
    The southernmost part of Mississippi 
  • gmac
    Options
    gmac said:
    The southernmost part of Mississippi 
    That's Mexico right?
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    gmac said:
    Ok. Dumb Canadian question. MS is Missouri right?  I ask because I am heading to Minnesota that week and could go early if MS is MinnesSota. 
    What brings you to Minnesota? @gmac
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • gmac
    Options
    @WeberWho. Work. I look after agriculture testing for a big ag company and I now have to go to Glyndon MN. But I get to do a Sheyenne river cruise with my friend, the one who got me my first egg, so it's all good. 
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Okay, it's official, the Chickens are flying the coop and heading to Biloxi to join in the fun. See y'all on Saturday afternoon :-)
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Hotch
    Options
    Okay, it's official, the Chickens are flying the coop and heading to Biloxi to join in the fun. See y'all on Saturday afternoon :-)
    Judy we will have the Raspberry Lemonade ready!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    We won't be able to make it.  The lab that was supposed to be completed last month is not complete.  We will be moving Lab equipment this week.....Bummer! We were looking forward to this 
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Hotch
    Options
    5 Days till the party starts! :o
    Who's going?
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    What a beautiful home and area! We can't make it but if this becomes a regular event we may be able to next time.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I am going to make one of these party's in the near future.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    I am so looking forward to seeing the pics from this event.. Sounds fantastic..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I can't wait. Ordering my srf today and noticed beef ribs on sale. So yeah gold grade Kobe beef ribs are happening along with the brisket.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Hotch is already en route!  Who else is already on the way?!?!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    So how far is Your Mamma'z House to your place by boat?  Like 15 minutes?
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So how far is Your Mamma'z House to your place by boat?  Like 15 minutes?
    Probably not that far. More like 5-10 if you are moving. 15 at idlish speeds
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hotch said:

@Hotch - I gotta know what these are!! Please share :)

Sounds like quite the party is brewing! Can't wait to see the pics. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hotch
    Options
    caliking said:
    Hotch said:

@Hotch - I gotta know what these are!! Please share :)

Sounds like quite the party is brewing! Can't wait to see the pics. 
    Those are the Deep Fried Rum Shooters with a Caramel Rum Drizzle!
    We will have those and Bourbon Shooters.
    So pound cake cubes soaked in rum or bourbon then deep fried with the drizzle and a dusting of powdered sugar

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX