Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday Lump Talk

Options
DieselkW
DieselkW Posts: 894
I cleaned the old egg today, removed the fire ring, bowl, KAB and vacuumed out a month's worth of ash. Threw away a couple pounds of rocks that had "oops" somehow gotten in there, can't say which bag of <cough>Rockwood<cough> they came from.

Then I opened one of the bags of Kamado Joe lump I bought at the Costco road show a couple weeks ago.

I'm a pretty solid fan of high quality lump, and I always point people that ask towards Rockwood, Fogo, and Wicked Good.
In that order.

Well, move over... this stuff is impressive! Big chunks without being stupid big. Dense, low spark, high temp mostly chunks the size of my fist, smaller than two fists.

Just a few burgers tonight, an ear of corn, not the cook I would have chosen for my inaugural bag of KJ - but I may have found my new favorite lump.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

Comments