Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    Options
    @WeberWho

I hope it doesn't go back in the house. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Dillas on my brother Beau's Mojo Griddle.

An albino squirrel obsberving overhead.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @Focker

Your brother may have a Chicago obsession...

I am a fan of the performer grill though - impressed he's rockin two of them.

Phoenix 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Albino squirrel is cool.  Hope he does not get picked off too soon. It is kinda hard for them to hide.  I wonder if they hide during the hours of bright sunlight because it hurts their eyes.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Focker
    Options
    blasting said:
    @Focker

Your brother may have a Chicago obsession...

I am a fan of the performer grill though - impressed he's rockin two of them.

Yes he does, Weber's out of Palatine included.
    I'm a fan too, the gas assist and table is a nice upgrade.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Albino squirrel is cool.  Hope he does not get picked off too soon. It is kinda hard for them to hide.  I wonder if they hide during the hours of bright sunlight because it hurts their eyes.  
    First time I've seen an albino anything outdoors.  This was a couple of hours before sunset.

They say deer are bad luck, but I'd still draw on one. It all goes in the freezer,  and it would be a really cool mount.

Like you said, better me picking it off first. Hahaha
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    8 hrs of rappelling and rafting in the books. Wish you were here. 

I have been out of pocket a few days.....seems like you guys are having a blast. Have one for me.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Focker said:
    Sea2Ski said:
    First time I've seen an albino anything outdoors.  This was a couple of hours before sunset.

They say deer are bad luck, but I'd still draw on one. It all goes in the freezer,  and it would be a really cool mount.

My oldest goes to school in Platteville,WI and there are several albino deer on campus. There is a huge cemetery right in the middle of campus and they hangout there. They seem to know they are safe there.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Leaving FedEx after having some rubs and sauces packed and headed out for a Friday delivery.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited June 2016
    Options

Time goes by fast!

Congrats. Do you get an extra week of vacation at 15yrs? 
    Yes!  I did.  Picked up that and some extra sick and personal time too.  Have 5 weeks vacation time.  Cannot remember how much sick and personal time total now.  

Lucky dog.  I maxed out 16 years ago and it's only 4 weeks vacation.  Plus 7 sick and holidays.  My last anniversary they gave me a whiskey decanter.  I keep that in the office.  At least the pay could be worse.
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I think that discriminates against women!
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This view doesn't suck
     Too bad you can't see it, wifi does suck
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,534
    Options
    #summertimeblues

My brain just scattershot into 7 directions on why this would be bad.  Or good.  

Stand by....

"Tung Oil is derived from the Tung tree, but not from its tongue, but rather its nuts."  - Stumpy Nubs

• nhk19
    nhk19 Posts: 151
    Options
    Focker said:
    Sea2Ski said:

Umm...I wouldn't shoot an albino.  Even if it were a monster 12 or. I live near White Deer Twp PA.  As legend has it white deer were sacred by the Indians that inhabited this area.  The story goes that If you killed a white deer you would die before the year pssses.  Some young "rebel" punk Indian want to prove the chief wrong and went out and killed one.  Yup...story has it he died within a year.  So...fast coward to current time.  A friend of mine who was a huge archery hunter was seeing this albino.  I told him the story and to let it go.  He shot it a few days later.  8 months later he was killed in a freak vehicle accident on his way to work.  I'm not shooting one.  Lol
    XLBGE
    Lewisburg, PA
  • kl8ton
    Options

Had slight "incident" with mower.  I bailed safely. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    "slight". Glad you're safe!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    #summertimeblues

For the record, I will always accept boob money, and even offer a discount.

Phoenix 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Trying out my new sleeping bag
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,597
    Options
    @kl8ton... WOW !!! That looks scary, glad it ended okay for you..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • kl8ton
    Options
    @johnmitchell
    @bgebrent

Thanks guys.  It all happened in slow motion.  Mower stopped moving forward because two tires lost contact with the ground.  I was looking around to see which ones were spinning (4wd).  My leaning towards the ditch side probably made the little steer tire make contact and with the motor weight on those little tires, it just slid down the bank.  I am glad the motor wasn't completely submerged in water.  It started right back up when i got it out.  My brother in low stopped to help me.  I will not mow so close to the edge anymore.      
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Some wangs from last night.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options

Time goes by fast!

Congrats. Do you get an extra week of vacation at 15yrs? 
    Yes!  I did.  Picked up that and some extra sick and personal time too.  Have 5 weeks vacation time.  Cannot remember how much sick and personal time total now.  

Lucky dog.  I maxed out 16 years ago and it's only 4 weeks vacation.  Plus 7 sick and holidays.  My last anniversary they gave me a whiskey decanter.  I keep that in the office.  At least the pay could be worse.
    Thanks @nolaegghead

I have to pick out my gift.  I was browsing a couple months ago and there was a nice Boos chopping block available.  I go back now when I am eligeble, and it's gone.  They have a Wustoff knife and bamboo cutting board that I'm thinking of getting.  Not too fond of bamboo, but I can find a use for it.  

The Nambe carving board looks neat too, never heard of them.  

Then I need a set of speakers for my new desktop, those Bose ones look pretty good.  

These are just a few items that peaked my interest.  Leaning heavily towards the knife though.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    @johnmitchell
    @bgebrent

Thanks guys.  It all happened in slow motion.  Mower stopped moving forward because two tires lost contact with the ground.  I was looking around to see which ones were spinning (4wd).  My leaning towards the ditch side probably made the little steer tire make contact and with the motor weight on those little tires, it just slid down the bank.  I am glad the motor wasn't completely submerged in water.  It started right back up when i got it out.  My brother in low stopped to help me.  I will not mow so close to the edge anymore.      
    Please be careful buddy.  Your kids need you!  Mowers on embankments are dangerous, and especially those type.  Get your weedeater out take a few more mins to get the job done so you can go home.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,236
    Options
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    I have that knife @tarheelmatt
     How do you like it?  I have a Shun Santoku that I like.  Thinking of getting that of all things and appears to be one of the better values.  Plus, I don't believe it's a bad thing to have more good knives around.  

That carving cutting board is nice, but not my style.  I'm a hillbilly.  But it's handmade apparently and sells for around $130 give or take.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
     How do you like it?  I have a Shun Santoku that I like.  Thinking of getting that of all things and appears to be one of the better values.  Plus, I don't believe it's a bad thing to have more good knives around.  

That carving cutting board is nice, but not my style.  I'm a hillbilly.  But it's handmade apparently and sells for around $130 give or take.  
    Matt, I have that knife and bought a second one for the lake place. It's Nichole's favorite knife. I like it a lot. Cutting board looks nice. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Matt, I have that knife and bought a second one for the lake place. It's Nichole's favorite knife. I like it a lot. Cutting board looks nice. 
    Hell, two of my boys got that knife?  The decision is in!  I'm getting it.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Hell, two of my boys got that knife?  The decision is in!  I'm getting it.  
    On the way!  It's a done deal.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,236
    Options

It does what it's supposed to do... Cut