Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Copper River Sockeye in Asian marinade with a little grapevine smoke. Accompanied by hand harvested wild rice from Leech Lake MN compliments of @DoubleEgger. It rocked!  Thanks Michael!

Dang man...,you are living large. Beautiful meal you had there.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Copper River Sockeye in Asian marinade with a little grapevine smoke. Accompanied by hand harvested wild rice from Leech Lake MN compliments of @DoubleEgger. It rocked!  Thanks Michael!

Dang man...,you are living large. Beautiful meal you had there.
    And he hardly works. Living the dream...
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    Leech Lake Wild Rice!  I used to pick that up regularly when I was stationed in Grand Forks ND; haven't had WR in years....

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Finishin up the youngest 10th bday dinner. PP, tater, baked beans for the faint at heart. PP taquitos, black beans, crema and homemade guac for the more adventurous. 
    Sent everyone home with some food. No leftovers here because we're headed to Costa Rica Saturday. Food thread upcoming. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Grass seed is delicious and plenty of fiber.
    Options
    Grass seed is delicious and plenty of fiber.
    Bluegrass is the best for sure.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,127
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Glad you enjoyed it @bgebrent . It was good to see you today for lunch. Let's just go to multiple bbq joints around us.  SAMs is the gold standard for sure!  Good seeing you bro!

I prefer Costco to Sams.  Bbq around you must suck if you consider their pulled pork sammies the best around.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Glad you enjoyed it @bgebrent . It was good to see you today for lunch. Let's just go to multiple bbq joints around us.  SAMs is the gold standard for sure!  Good seeing you bro!

I prefer Costco to Sams.  Bbq around you must suck if you consider their pulled pork sammies the best around.
    Made me laugh brother!  In East Cobb GA, outskirts of ATL there's a hole in the wall BBQ joint called Sam's BBQ one.  It's legit on all fronts.  Not referring to SAMs club.  Spell check assisted in the confusion.  Come join us one day!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Costco

Options
    Sam''s

Options
    Costco

What ya buying?  Better be that bone in beast in the middle!  I'll get a plane ticket!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    They call that Tomahawk rather than cowboy.  Seems like a cowboy and Indian war.
    Options
    We bought a recliner and some beautiful ahi tuna.  And some pork and other stuff.  You're welcome to dine here any time @bgebrent
    Options
    We bought a recliner and some beautiful ahi tuna.  And some pork and other stuff.  You're welcome to dine here any time @bgebrent
    You know I'm a fellow seafood lover Carey.  We're gonna have to plan a trip to your amazing town.  Soon!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I drove out to Lafitte this evening and bought a salvaged Aprilia RSV.  It has the Oz forged wheels and Olins suspension.   $700.  Don't know if it runs, but a score even if ithe doesn't. I have another of these without the racing upgrades.   I can always part out and make $3k or turn it into a track bike.

Options
    On the 5th day of my 7 on.... And I have come to the decision I need to buy a new package of undies...next pack has got to have a lucky pair in there somewhere
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Finishin up the youngest 10th bday dinner. PP, tater, baked beans for the faint at heart. PP taquitos, black beans, crema and homemade guac for the more adventurous. 
    Sent everyone home with some food. No leftovers here because we're headed to Costa Rica Saturday. Food thread upcoming. 
    Man that is fantastic....safe travels!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Just got to Asheville.  Staying the night here and exploring some. In laws have the little girl and feels really weird.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Just got to Asheville.  Staying the night here and exploring some. In laws have the little girl and feels really weird.  
    You two behave yourselves now !!!!  B)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Needed a quick lunch and had some ground beef thawed, so I finally made some smash burgers for the first time.  Slammin!  What have I been waiting for?
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Limped in misfiring pulling the camper above 60mph or so.  Ran fine without the 4000lbs.  Dropped trailer, put on hoist, buddy Mike hooked up a transducer and fuel pressure gauge.  Ran it hard, at 80 miles she sputtered again.  Fuel pressure was fine.

Couldn't go above 60 on I80, good times with the hazards on.  We thought coil, since I now have a functioning EGR.  =)

Put a new one on.  10 miles in, sputtering again.  Limped back to the shop.

This time, a new injection module.  110 miles, purred like a kitten through the hills, ran her hard 70mph plus.  

A first, troubleshooting, then professionally troubleshooting with mechanic, a truck with 4000lbs hooked to it for over 200 miles.  We got her figured out though.  At first, thought I screwed something up.

Had a tow vehicle on standby, in case I had to be towed.  

Piece of mind for me, knowing issue is resolved, when hauling precious cargo (family, friends).

It is a 22 yr old truck, that I pay $90 a month though.  Parts guy complimented me on the truck when he dropped off the injection module.  Eased some of the pain. Hahaha

Ol' Blue is back in action!

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Listening to Buddy Guy ,John Prine  taking off the pork loin from the Egg,waiting for my girlfriend and getting NICE ! When you are 67 and retired you paid your dues and it's time to get NICE on a beautiful Friday afternoon if you get my drift . Oh yeah Miles Davis from The Kind Of Blue album just came on ,could not be a more perfect afternoon . Oh wait and then there is Emmy Lou's Too far Gone ,perfect.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    sctdg said:
    Listening to Buddy Guy ,John Prine  taking off the pork loin from the Egg,waiting for my girlfriend and getting NICE ! When you are 67 and retired you paid your dues and it's time to get NICE on a beautiful Friday afternoon if you get my drift . Oh yeah Miles Davis from The Kind Of Blue album just came on ,could not be a more perfect afternoon .
    Go on with your bad self. 

Brown chicken, brown cow!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

It won't feel weird after that first morning of getting to sleep in.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    DMW said:
    Just got these pecan pies out of the oven.

Getting setup to cook tonight and tomorrow.

How do you like the Hasty bake? Good value?
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    DMW said:
    Just got these pecan pies out of the oven.

Getting setup to cook tonight and tomorrow.

Nichole gives you 2 thumbs up!  Those look awesome brother!
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    8 days of shît for 4 people to travel  is a bunch of shît
  • nhk19
    nhk19 Posts: 151
    Options
    My one daughter is in Spain.  The other at band camp and my wife is on her way home from Denver.  Thus, I'm having some steaks, salad & a few beers!
    XLBGE
    Lewisburg, PA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Brown Santa just dropped a couple tenderloins off for Father's Day.