Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks for the wealth of info

Options
I am an avid reader of this forum. When the camera phones came flying out Friday night, I thought I'd share my Paella dish. Thanks to BG Craig for the recipe. I've done several cooks on my LBGE and there has been nothing but praise from friends and family. I look forward to gaining knowledge and sharing my cooks with you all.
Mesa AZ 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    First up- welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Now that is a great cook right out of the gate.  Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    Wow! Very nice. I love paella.
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great job!  Your paella is beautiful.  Welcome.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    That looks fantastic (except for the peas) !

Well done!
    NOLA
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Great looking paella.  That is one of my favorite cooks on the Egg
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Welcome.... WOW !!!! I would pay good money for a taste of that paella.. Great looking meal.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    Don't hold out on us... where's that recipe?

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    That's a great first post.  Well done and welcome aboard.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Welcome to the madhouse! That is just gorgeous! And I LOVE peas! =)

I bought a paella pan at least 4 years ago and am ashamed to admit I have NEVER used it. For anything. Ever. For some reason, paella intimidates me. Every time I see a beautiful one like yours, I vow to take the plunge. But still, I have not. I even bought bomba rice and saffron (both of which must surely be bad by now).

One of these days................

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    That is a pretty cook.  If it tasted half as good as it looked, well done!
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited June 2016
    Options
    A thing of beauty right there.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Great!  After seeing this now I need to go out and buy a Paella pan  :)  
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • EvenFlow
    EvenFlow Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks for the comments. First , my wife and I don't care much for peas but they just work. Went to Big Green Craig's website for the recipe 
    Mesa AZ 
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Welcome, and beautiful presentation there.  Never made paella either, but sure looks damn delicious.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Killer Paella!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Welcome, and that looks great. I need to break out my paella pan again, it's been awhile.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    That boys and girls is the definition of a master lurker. He has very quietly gained knowledge and then struck with lightening speed. Making many of us wish for just a second that we branched out more often.

EvenFlow, to you I bow low from the waste. Well played.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That is beautiful paella. That's one of my favorite cooks and a crowd pleaser for sure. Welcome to the madness and congrats again on a fine cook. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    The Shrimp Gods are smiling down in approval from above. Awesome job buddy. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    I'd hit it
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

And that right there is a first post worthy of a mike drop.  Very nice, and welcome.

Now I've gotta go look in to what makes a pan a paella pan.

Phoenix 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    Options
    Amazing looking cook!!  Paella is one dish I have always wanted to try, but never had the huevos to try.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • EvenFlow
    EvenFlow Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm a little nervous about seafood leftovers, my wife and I each had some Sunday night and it was just as good. 
    Mesa AZ 
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    That looks goooooooood!! Great dish!