Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Truly a gift from one of the Gods.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Well fellows, it's here. And in all its glory. Just hope that I do this 33 pound monster justice. Brother Tex, thanks again my friend. 

I'm going to use that paper in the box to wrap the brisket with ;)

The sheer size of this thing is simply unbelievable.  

Brother Tex, thanks again ole buddy. I really appreciate it.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    OMG! That thing is huge. I'm sure you will be posting photos as you go and I will again be jealous of your cook. 

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    same thing happened to the cryo on grims. That is weird. was it still frozen or at least really cold?

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I told you it had to be seen to be believed. I've never seen anything like it

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Nice @sgh. Can't wait to see the full cook. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    As they say "Size does matter"  ;)  But @SGH I figure that is about like using steroids in baseball-doesn't matter til you get caught.  Can't wait for the documentary.
    @The_Cen_Tex_Smoker - you truly went above and beyond.  And again, better for @SGH that you are lucky than good.  Enjoy the weekend.  You guys in Texas definitely cheat when it comes to brisket  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    Options
    To give you a idea of just how big it really is, here is the box upside my Yeti 50. The monster will not fit in the Yeti. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    I told you it had to be seen to be believed. I've never seen anything like it

Short of a whole clod, neither have I.  I haven't weighed it yet but I'm willing to bet that it's actually heavier than 33 pounds. 

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    To give you a idea of just how big it really is, here is the box upside my Yeti 50. The monster will not fit in the Yeti. 

I couldn't find a cooler that was wide enough. Even the 100 quart coolers were too narrow
  • SGH
    Options
    same thing happened to the cryo on grims. That is weird. was it still frozen or at least really cold?

Tex, it's semi frozen. Perfectly fine my friend. I don't like for them to arrive rock solid. This one is perfect. As far as the cryovac, it's much to thin for this size cut. Heavier bags are in order to cryovac cuts this size. 

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:

Tex, it's semi frozen. Perfectly fine my friend. I don't like for them to arrive rock solid. This one is perfect. As far as the cryovac, it's much to thin for this size cut. Heavier bags are in order to cryovac cuts this size. 
    great to hear. let us know how it goes. 
  • gmac
    Options
    I hope you earn an SGH seal of approval. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks like a party, can't wait to see the cook.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    I will be following along!!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Say, is that a Hillary sticker in  your house?   =)
  • gmac
    Options
    That's more for the "Friday" thread isn't it?  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I'm surprised that a lightening bolt hasn't taken care of that.  And yes @SGH knew it was coming but that sill doesn't explain why the brisket gods haven't rectified the situation.  
    It is Friday and I will not trash this thread with any vitriol regarding ABC.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    Options
    No sir, I drug the box outside. Later when I have to take a crap I will go get the sticker =)

Status- Standing by.

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    @SGH- what's your plan for cooking that monster?
    New Orleans LA
  • SGH
    Options
    Dondgc said:
    Believe this or not, but I still haven't made up my mind yet. I have several thoughts on the subject but don't which way I'm going yet.  

Status- Standing by.

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    @SGH - Well, whatever your decision, I am looking forward to seeing the process - and the results! 
    New Orleans LA
  • SGH
    Options
    Dondgc said:
    I have a big unit that I have never posted (Unit #9). I'm thinking of firing it up for the occasion. Seems only fitting to cook such a massive cut on a equally massive smoker. 

Status- Standing by.

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    well-earned Sir.  Howl at the moon.
  • lousubcap
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @SGH - That is a warning that "would turn a train down a dirt road".  But enjoy the down-time and wrestling with that ABC contaminated hunk of beef from Centex.  You have got to get his better half @TFJ to see the light.  No pressure.  ;)
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This is the best reality show I know of. I'm anxiously awaiting the results - of the cook. I have no need to see @SGH naked arse
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SGH
    Options
    SciAggie said:
     I have no need to see @SGH naked arse
    It's truly a beautiful sight to behold my friend ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    really looking forward to the cook- im on my 5th woodford tonight as well. I'll be howling at the moon here in NC.  Got a big soccer tourney all weekend for the kids so trying to get it all in before my first 7:15am kick-off. Only 4 games tomorrow. 

Enjoy the days off Scottie- you have earned them. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • SGH
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Enjoy the days off Scottie- you have earned them. 
    Thank you brother. I sure need a few days off. I'm just wore out. 

Status- Standing by.

• yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    Being a newbie on here comes with its disadvantages. Did you say you will "get naked" at some point during the cook?  :|
  • SGH
    Options
    yljkt said:
    Being a newbie on here comes with its disadvantages. Did you say you will "get naked" at some point during the cook?  :|
    I always cook naked ;)
    Just kidding above. However when I drink heavy it usually ends with me being naked. Tonight I'm drinking heavy. 

Status- Standing by.