Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Here's the problem with this website...

Options
The incredible wealth of freely-accessible information available here makes something that used to require a fair bit of learned skill...  And just dumbs it down to completely stupid-simple!   =)

This is the 7th time I've ever used a grill in my life...  I simply should NOT be capable of making food that looks and tastes this good!

Many thanks to the egghead forum community!
Jeremiah  |  La Canada Flintridge, CA  |  XL BGE
"Life is about experiences...  And one of my absolute favorite experiences is FOOD!"

Comments

• dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Don't blame us....blame the Egg....
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice cook brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Options
    oh man that looks good!!!  clearly you have natural talent.

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Here's my problem with this site. 

That's a fine looking cook right there. Keep it coming. 
    Operator error.  Take it back to your dealer.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options

That's a fine looking cook right there. Keep it coming. 
    No shid! Been broke, getting more broke. BigGreenExpense.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Looks fantastic.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Beautiful cook my friend. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Beautiful food right there regardless of expierence. That egg really helps you out, but thinking you don't need much. Just go for greatness!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Options
    Wow! You should be nervous no more. That cook looks great!
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I will second all previous motions. Stellar. Obviously you have either hidden talent and or interest in cooking. Some people cook for years and never get past brats burgers and dried out chicken breast. Well done.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Jason, I got to go with this...
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Oh I see what you did there. Well played.  Looks great. I feel like I am cheating with this thing sometimes. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Great cook. I'd say you are off and running. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    NERVOUS said:
    The incredible wealth of freely-accessible information available here makes something that used to require a fair bit of learned skill...  And just dumbs it down to completely stupid-simple!   =)

This is the 7th time I've ever used a grill in my life...  I simply should NOT be capable of making food that looks and tastes this good!

Many thanks to the egghead forum community!

Yeah.  That's a real problem. 

Welcome aboard. 

If you're first brisket turns out this good we'll know that you're the real deal and the rest of us are just posers.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Well just shut the front and back doors, awesome cook and great picture too. I'm surprised that not one person has mentioned that all BGE's come with free weight gain also!!!!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Well just shut the front and back doors, awesome cook and great picture too. I'm surprised that not one person has mentioned that all BGE's come with free weight gain also!!!!
    That explains why I am so FAT!!!!!
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    No doubt BGE is an awesome unit. But as @NERVOUS said its the wealth of knowledge and information gleaned from the fine folks on this forum, that have made me a better cook! 

Nice looking grub brother!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    NIce looking eats OP.  Details?
  • NERVOUS
    NERVOUS Posts: 104
    Options
    stompbox said:
    NIce looking eats OP.  Details?
    Reverse seared thick-cut Filet Mignon...  I cooked the steaks 'low and slow' at 250 degrees until the internal temp reached 125 degrees.  Then I seared the steaks at 550 degrees in a cast iron skillet with some butter and Rosemary.  It was absolutely delicious!

Thanks everyone for the kind feedback! 
    "Life is about experiences...  And one of my absolute favorite experiences is FOOD!"
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Looks like a @bigreencraig cook. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    When you look in the dictionary for the definition of "Nail'd it", this should be the photo that goes along with it. Well done!
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Great cook.  Great post.

Phoenix 
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Well Done, and Welcome!
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I don't see the problem here, looks like a great cook to me.  If the rain stops today, I may be cooking some steaks.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Great photo, thanks for sharing!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Captain_Paul
    Captain_Paul Posts: 138
    Options
    So when you pull the steaks and switch to direct and raise the heat, how long do you let the skillet get hot before adding the meat?
    LBGE, Minimax
    Owensboro, Kentucky
    Go Cats!
  • NERVOUS
    NERVOUS Posts: 104
    Options
    So when you pull the steaks and switch to direct and raise the heat, how long do you let the skillet get hot before adding the meat?
    After pulling the steaks I remove the ConvEGGtor and daisy wheel, then open the bottom vent fully and close the lid.  I wait until the dome thermometer registers 500 degrees before placing the skillet on the grill with some Rosemary in it.  When I see the Rosemary start to smoke I throw in some butter followed by the steaks.