Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ga Mtn Eggfest--Roll Call

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Dyal_SC said:
    piney said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Gonna miss you guys too @Jupiter Jim .  
    Craig, you will be missed! Next year we expect you at Butt Blast and Ga Mtn with wife and new addition! Good luck my friend.
    You know it.   B)  Thx and we will miss you too, brother.  

I take it we will be seeing you at Tanner Pond?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited May 2016
    This will be my third year attending and first time cooking at this fest. I have cooked at the Eggtoberfest in Atlanta for 8 years or so. We are doing my Chicago Brisket Chili, Jalapenos stuffed with chicken buffalo dip and wrapped with bacon, Smoked Lamb Balls with yogurt sauce, wings, Pizzas and Smoked Collard greens. We will be at the meet and greet as well. Craig and Elle we will certainly miss you two this year.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • northGAcock
    JRWhitee said:
    This will be my third year attending and first time cooking at this fest. I have cooked at the Eggtoberfest in Atlanta for 8 years or so. We are doing my Chicago Brisket Chili, Jalapenos stuffed with chicken buffalo dip and wrapped with bacon, Smoked Lamb Balls with yogurt sauce, wings, Pizzas and Smoked Collard greens. We will be at the meet and greet as well. Craig and Elle we will certainly miss you two this year.
    Wish I could make it this year. Your cooks sound off the chart.

• Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    JRWhitee said:
    I hate that I can't make it. We're rolling out Thursday for Memphis in May. I know you'll kill it Jim!
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    @Dyal_SC You and Elle will be greatly missed . . . 

I’ll be there sans John as he will be traveling to see his dad that weekend.  With our busy travel schedule this month, we decided to divide and conquer.  He will certainly miss seeing all of you!  And: your amazing food. 

I will be cooking with the team in the very first booth on the right as you enter the festival… BUT I will also be running around taking photos of your food and eating as much as I can possibly eat. :smiley:  

See y'all Friday! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    This will be attended in 2017.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    YukonRon said:
    This will be attended in 2017.
    Don't make us come up there and drag ya to GA in 2017! J&K :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Galake
    Galake Posts: 10
    We will be cooking again, we do several different things for kids 12 and under only since there is so much for adults. Also for the first time we are doing "Big Mama's " smoked chili. 
  • SmokinTiger81
    SmokinTiger81 Posts: 746
    A "Kidfest Menu", what a great idea.  Please stop by Sat morning and let me know where you are so I can tell people with kids about you--and I am bringing one of our foster children with me to help cook, and he is under 12 so I want to send him down there too.
  • Galake
    Galake Posts: 10
    We will look for you Tiger
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    bgebrent said:
    Attending as tasters, just like NCBB.  Bringing pecan pies and @YukonRons world famous bourbon slushies.  All available at @Jupiter Jim's cook site.  Looking forward to meeting you all.
    You told me I was the only one! Trader!

If someone was smart, they'd grab you for help! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    bgebrent said:
    Attending as tasters, just like NCBB.  Bringing pecan pies and @YukonRons world famous bourbon slushies.  All available at @Jupiter Jim's cook site.  Looking forward to meeting you all.

You were my first  ;).  Great times my friend.  I'll be back.  Off to learn more form others in the meantime and spread some pie and slushy love on our brothers.  If you look at it, you're standing me up.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    We :heart: this Fest venue. We're really hoping to make this an annual visit for me & the Mrs.  
    2nd year after pulling some strings. Is it Friday YET?!? :smiley:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • bgebrent
    We :heart: this Fest venue. We're really hoping to make this an annual visit for me & the Mrs.  
    2nd year after pulling some strings. Is it Friday YET?!? :smiley:
    Blake, the weather is looking awesome for the weekend!  Glad you guys can make it.  See ya friday brother.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:

You were my first  ;).  Great times my friend.  I'll be back.  Off to learn more form others in the meantime and spread some pie and slushy love on our brothers.  If you look at it, you're standing me up.
    I wish now I would have planned to go to this. I have never attended a true Eggfest,  just Butt Blast.  

Have a great time buddy! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:

I wish now I would have planned to go to this. I have never attended a true Eggfest,  just Butt Blast.  

Have a great time buddy! 
    Will do brother.  Next year you come to my neck of the woods and teach me some more!
  • northGAcock
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:

Have a great time buddy! 
    Will do brother.  Next year you come to my neck of the woods and teach me some more!
    Sounds like you two will be cookers next year.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:

Have a great time buddy! 
    How bout you too brother?
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    I wish I could come!! My wife is Graduating from her MBA program on Friday and I'm throwing a big combined birthday bash on Sunday for myself and her Father.  

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • northGAcock
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:

Have a great time buddy! 
    Not sure I can keep up with you two. Perhaps I can provide the morning beverages however. Hope to make it next year. Big (and final) home baseball series this weekend. I will be eating good food here in Columbia I can assure you. Hate I will miss the pecan pies and slushies. I am sure my coming will allow you all to get your fare share. =)

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    JRWhitee said:
    I hate that I can't make it. We're rolling out Thursday for Memphis in May. I know you'll kill it Jim!
    "rolling out", @BigGreenCraig

I know Guy. Guy is a friend of mine...............
    New Albany, Ohio 

• bgebrent
    I wish I could come!! My wife is Graduating from her MBA program on Friday and I'm throwing a big combined birthday bash on Sunday for myself and her Father.  

Congrats to your lady Scott!  You need to be there of course.  I can only imagine the birthday bash grub you'll turn out.  Happy birthday brother!
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:

Have a great time buddy! 
    Not sure I can keep up with you two. Perhaps I can provide the morning beverages however. Hope to make it next year. Big (and final) home baseball series this weekend. I will be eating good food here in Columbia I can assure you. Hate I will miss the pecan pies and slushies. I am sure my coming will allow you all to get your fare share. =)
    You make the best morning beverages ever brother!  Gonna hold you to it.
  • NecessaryIndulg

Here's a site map of the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds for those of you that have never been to the Georgia Mountain EggFest. 

The Meet & Greet will take place at the Main Exhibit Building. There will be a shuttle running to and from the parking lot, or you may take the short walk up the hill. 

On Saturday (EggFest Day!), the shuttle will be going back and forth from the parking lot to the Main Gate. If you choose to walk, just follow the people. 

For those of you staying at the Lake Chatuge Lodge (Host Hotel), you may walk on a trail to the Fairgrounds or drive to the parking lot.

See you Friday!

• SmokinTiger81
    The map looks good, and the weather looks so good for Saturday that I am not even going to mention it.
  • NecessaryIndulg
    The map looks good, and the weather looks so good for Saturday that I am not even going to mention it.
    I just looked it up and had the same thought. . .   :no_mouth:
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351

Here's a site map of the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds for those of you that have never been to the Georgia Mountain EggFest. 

The Meet & Greet will take place at the Main Exhibit Building. There will be a shuttle running to and from the parking lot, or you may take the short walk up the hill. 

On Saturday (EggFest Day!), the shuttle will be going back and forth from the parking lot to the Main Gate. If you choose to walk, just follow the people. 

For those of you staying at the Lake Chatuge Lodge (Host Hotel), you may walk on a trail to the Fairgrounds or drive to the parking lot.

See you Friday!

Good Job!!!!! :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• SmokinTiger81
    Jim--no offense, but hope you get wet tomorrow--and go ahead with the rain dance to get it all over with in one day before the weekend..
  • northGAcock

See you Friday!

What! No petting zoo? May experience a downturn in attendance. 

• NecessaryIndulg
    edited May 2016
    Good Job!!!!! :)

Jupiter Jim:  Thanks! I stole it from @egret . . . . :rofl:
  • YouEnjoyMyEgg
    YouEnjoyMyEgg Posts: 168
    Never been to a fest but we will be in the area camping this weekend.  Does anyone know the pet policy?  Are pups allowed?