Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ga Mtn Eggfest--Roll Call

Options
So, one week out.  Weather forecast right now looks great.  So who is going, and are you cooking or eating?  Would be nice to somehow have nametags for tasters so we know who is who from the forums.  And fellow cooks, I always have a backdoor line open for cooks to come by and sample if they want to without standing in any line--I think JRWhite taught me that rule.  Plus, always pass samples to the cooks on each side of you.  Another good rule.  

Comments

• trout1
    trout1 Posts: 104
    Options
    My son and I are going as tasters.  Looking forward to it.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    KayNOcook and I are cooking again. our back door is also open to cooks. We are doing pork loins with Braswells Cinnamon Chipotle Rub and Jalamango Lime Chicken wings. This is our 6th time cooking at this fest and it's our favorite fest of all time. SmonkinTiger81 we are so looking forward to one of your Cuban's.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Partick
    Partick Posts: 18
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My wife and two daughters (5&2) and myself will be tasting all day!
    LBGE
  • Pridnjoy
    Pridnjoy Posts: 130
    Options
    We'll be the there! Going as tasters. But not afraid to help cook if anyone needs a hand. 
  • outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    Options
    We will be there cooking in north ga eggers area (halfway down on the right) for the 6th time, please stop by and say hello.  south Ga. Fresh sausage, then pork tenderloins, followed by some brownies. Stop by and say hello...

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• SmokinTiger81
    SmokinTiger81 Posts: 746
    Options
    Menus sounding good.  JupJim--will make sure we get you some cubans.  I will get your number Fri or Sat and can send you a foodtext alert. 
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    Menus sounding good.  JupJim--will make sure we get you some cubans.  I will get your number Fri or Sat and can send you a foodtext alert. 

Sounds like a great plan, thanks

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Cyclops42
    Cyclops42 Posts: 64
    Options
    This will be my first fest. I am going as a taster and to see what it takes to be a cook. I will be bring my wife and best friend (who I just converted to an egger) and his wife. He an I will be cooks next year. 

Atlanta, Ga. LBGE and Mini BGE

Wants:  More time and beer.....

• outrageous
    Options
    Cyclops42 said:
    This will be my first fest. I am going as a taster and to see what it takes to be a cook. I will be bring my wife and best friend (who I just converted to an egger) and his wife. He an I will be cooks next year. 

Come enjoy the fest,  the first fest I went to, I realized after 5 mins I was on wrong side of table,  cooks have more fun

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    I wouldn't miss it for the world!!! Coming as a taster!! =)=)=)
  • outrageous
    Options

egret said:
    I wouldn't miss it for the world!!! Coming as a taster!! =)=)=)

You better watch this guy,  he is sneaky !!!!!

• Jupiter Jim
    Options
    Cyclops42 said:

Glad your jumping into the Eggfest Cult and I promise you will in no way be disappointed.............. with this fest. Please look for us Friday or Saturday would love to say hello, we will be on the right half way down from the entrance with the North Georgia Eggers.

Cooking is more fun but more work, it's just like planning a cookout at home only at a remote location and you need to bring everything that you need to prepare, and serve the food. The Egg you use to cook on is a demo that someone has purchased and you get to break it in for the first cook.

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• outrageous
    Options
    Cyclops42 said:

Glad your jumping into the Eggfest Cult and I promise you will in no way be disappointed.............. with this fest. Please look for us Friday or Saturday would love to say hello, we will be on the right half way down from the entrance with the North Georgia Eggers.

Cooking is more fun but more work, it's just like planning a cookout at home only at a remote location and you need to bring everything that you need to prepare, and serve the food. The Egg you use to cook on is a demo that someone has purchased and you get to break it in for the first cook.

Cooks pay a fee to cook, buy their own food, cook it and give away to strangers,   why?????   because we love to cook, meet great people, make great, great friends and like to have fun

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Tasters
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • billybon
    billybon Posts: 213
    Options
    This will be my third year as a GA Mnt Eggfest cook thanks to the encouragement I received from Jupiter Jim when I met him in 2013 at the Sunshine State Eggfest.

We made about 60 pounds of sausage for this event. (Alligator/pork, Thai curry pork, Salt and pepper pork, Cheese and mushroom pork, and Goat /pork all in pork casings). We also plan on cooking a couple of lamb shoulders.

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    6 of us tasting. 2nd year attending. Looking forward to it. Great venue and awesome cooks.
    Snellville, GA

• Jupiter Jim
    Options
    billybon said:
    This will be my third year as a GA Mnt Eggfest cook thanks to the encouragement I received from Jupiter Jim when I met him in 2013 at the Sunshine State Eggfest.

We made about 60 pounds of sausage for this event. (Alligator/pork, Thai curry pork, Salt and pepper pork, Cheese and mushroom pork, and Goat /pork all in pork casings). We also plan on cooking a couple of lamb shoulders.

Safe travels and see ya Friday! :)

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• MrHand
    MrHand Posts: 9
    Options
    I'd love to go this but don't think its in the cards this year
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,053
    Options
    The GA Mtn Eggfest is always so much fun!!  We have too much stuff going on this year to be able to make it. But I hope y'all have fun and take lots of pix!!  

I bought my first egg at this fest.  @vidalia1 hosted a BGE 101 class and he was using the egg I had purchased.  We have been good friends every since.  And I remember @Jupiter Jim and his bride made awesome alligator sausage.  Lots of lifelong friends have been made.  For those of you going, make sure to attend the meet and greet.  That is the best part.  :)@egret always does a tremendous job with this fest.  
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    The GA Mtn Eggfest is always so much fun!!  We have too much stuff going on this year to be able to make it. But I hope y'all have fun and take lots of pix!!  

I bought my first egg at this fest.  @vidalia1 hosted a BGE 101 class and he was using the egg I had purchased.  We have been good friends every since.  And I remember @Jupiter Jim and his bride made awesome alligator sausage.  Lots of lifelong friends have been made.  For those of you going, make sure to attend the meet and greet.  That is the best part.  :)@egret always does a tremendous job with this fest.  
    You two will be missed......... :(

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Dyal_SC
    Options
    Gonna miss you guys too @Jupiter Jim .  
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Attending as tasters, just like NCBB.  Bringing pecan pies and @YukonRons world famous bourbon slushies.  All available at @Jupiter Jim's cook site.  Looking forward to meeting you all.
    Hardest working tasters in the business...
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Craig, you will be missed! Next year we expect you at Butt Blast and Ga Mtn with wife and new addition! Good luck my friend.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    Options
    Bringing 4 tasters from Ohio and 3 more from Maine.  First time to Ga Mtn, looking forward to a great fest.

What do people typically bring for food to the meet and greet when coming in from away?
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    CincyTiki said:
    Bringing 4 tasters from Ohio and 3 more from Maine.  First time to Ga Mtn, looking forward to a great fest.

What do people typically bring for food to the meet and greet when coming in from away?
    Bring your favorite side dish, the Fairgrounds will be smoking 16 butts and two briskets Friday for the Meet & Greet so there will be plenty of meat. But you can certainly bring what ever food you want. Bring a cooler with your favorite beverages, and if you want to cook something on one of the eggs you can but you will need to bring what ever you need to for your cook. In the past people have arrived with a hunk of protein and thought someone else would cook it and have all the utensils need also, knife, tongs things like that. See ya Friday and safe travels. 

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• outrageous
    Options
    CincyTiki said:

What Jim said, but ingles grocery store has a good selection of cakes, pies, desserts, salads, cookies, etc.  this meet n greet is very informal, so bring whatever you want.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Attending as tasters, just like NCBB.  Bringing pecan pies and @YukonRons world famous bourbon slushies.  All available at @Jupiter Jim's cook site.  Looking forward to meeting you all.
    Hardest working tasters in the business...
    Thank you brother, very kind of you!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    Options
    @Jupiter Jim & @outrageous Thanks Gents, see you Friday =)
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    piney said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Craig, you will be missed! Next year we expect you at Butt Blast and Ga Mtn with wife and new addition! Good luck my friend.
    You know it.   B)  Thx and we will miss you too, brother.