Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

tonight t'was Reuben's - MY way!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,908
My Reuben's are different than other folks as we do not like the sweet 1000 Island taste. That said then if you are still with me - the meat here are 1/4" thick slices of corned beef cooked sous vide for St Pat's 2016. The bread is seedless Pepperidge Farm Rye. The cheese is Boar's Head. The mayo is on the inside and ICBINB was on the grilling side. Oh...the kraut is Franks. After browning/grilling I served them with a tasty McClures dill pickle spear on the side. Trust me, folks - these Reuben's - MY way knocked our socks off! Preparation takes the time - the grilling is short and quick.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,496
    Options
    Noms.  I like to do without the ruskie dressing too, sometimes a touch of mustard.   :)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Ron.... I love Rubens..and would love to try your way. What is ICBNB? Which BH Swis did you use? 

..I'm a 1000 island traditionalist myself. I do like a Pastrami Ruben equally as well as corn beef. A good dill is the perfect side item. I am game for change....
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • RRP
    Options
    A plated picture as proof.

• RRP
    Options

Botch said:
    Noms.  I like to do without the ruskie dressing too, sometimes a touch of mustard.   :)
    Me too! Back here in the MidWest we have a kick butt stone ground mustard which has won a boo-koo of awards. The brand is BOETJE'S. I didn't show any it but it was on the table for toe dipping as we call it!
  • RRP
    Options
    Ron.... I love Rubens..and would love to try your way. What is ICBNB? Which BH Swis did you use? 

the BH was the baby Swiss. as for ICBINB is that olive oil enriched I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. It really works great for grilled toasted sandwiches
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I'd be down Ron, my wife would double down.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RRP said:
    My Reuben's are different than other folks 
    Ron, if I had your money mine would be different too ;)
    On a serious note, great looking grub my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    My wife would drool on the screen looking at that. I dont like kraut. My wife dips hers in beaten egg and griddles them. Like a lightly dipped french toast or something. 

Little Rock, AR

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Well clog my arteries! That is as good as it gets Ron. I think a Reuben is a gourmet's treat. Thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,784
    edited May 2016
    Options
    love reubens all kinds of ways. we have traditional, fried haddock cape cod ruebens, seen a salmon pastrami rueben with apple sauerkraut ive been itching to try =) yours looks great
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    RRP said:

the BH was the baby Swiss. as for ICBINB is that olive oil enriched I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. It really works great for grilled toasted sandwiches
    Will try that....I usually get the imported. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Looks great.  Reuben is my favorite deli sangwhich

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • admiral21
    admiral21 Posts: 25
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Looks great but I personally would quadruple up on that corned beef (or pastrami), but I've been spoiled by massive east coast reubens.  Although you really can't go wrong.

Bread>dressing>swiss>two layers corned beef/pastrami>small piece of swiss>two layers of corned beef/pastrami>kraut>dressing>swiss>bread

I toasted the bread, then wrapped in aluminum foil and baked it at 400 for 15ish minutes until the cheese, dressing and kraut become one huge mess

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Faget about iiiiiitt.. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN