Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Inspired by the recently posted pork and egg sandwich

Can't have the bread, but am willing to copy a good idea when I see one. Here is today's low carb breakfast.
Eggs topped with a slice of pepper jack cheese then topped with leftover pulled pork and hotsauce. Carb count...0.

Comments

• Well done!  Looks great.  With a bowl like that, you'll never miss the bread.  (OK, maybe a little -- but it looks awesome!)
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Oh yeah. I do that fairly regularly with my left over pork. Nice meal!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Looks awesome!  I have done the same in omlette form.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Moar!  Moar eggs and pork!!!

That looks great.  

If I can't have a runny yolk, an omelette or bowl suits me just fine.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Yes. This is why there are happy people on this planet.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    Looks awesome!  I have done the same in omlette form.  

Looks great.
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    edited April 2016
    For you guys that don't eat carbs, do you go to the level of not eating ketchup too?  When Atkins was popular I tried it and was very surprised how much sugar there was in ketchup.  It was enough to stop my body from starting the Ketosis process.  Mustard for me during those times...

Now I'm just overweight and like to eat...
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    RedSkip said:
    For you guys that don't eat carbs, do you go to the level of not eating ketchup too?  When Atkins was popular I tried it and was very surprised how much sugar there was in ketchup.  It was enough to stop my body from starting the Ketosis process.  Mustard for me during those times...

Now I'm just overweight and like to eat...
    Yes, gave up ketchup for the most part. I had to cut back on carbs because of diabetes.  One of the most shocking things for me, when I was forced to start reading labels closely, is the amount of sugar in BBQ sauce. I now just mostly use hot sauce.