Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Going Naked & Ain't Skeered

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
edited April 2016 in EggHead Forum
Little baby Nor'easter rolled in Thursday so it has been a little gloomy and wet. I bought a brisket from one of my favorite restaurants to service HVAC/R  on my birthday earlier in the week to smoke today. I woke up later than I anticipated. Cleaned out the egg. Loaded it up with RW & oak chunks, lit it and it started to rain.  At that very moment I opted to go naked/stokerless.   15# brisket trimmed. I'll add that I barely had to trim it in comparison to others I've done (basically deckle and minor trim here & there). Rubbed with Sam's BBQ*1 Cow Dust (thanks to Michael @DoubleEgger  this stuff is real good).  Walked back out to the egg about 3 clicks past my desired dial in temp. No worries...this was a good time for :coffee:  Chilled out and temp was down to 290℉ after 2 mugs of Joe. Tossed it in and we'll check on it later.  My normal Stoker dial in has been 235℉ pit for probably the last 12 briskets. Because I woke late and we would like to eat earlier than midnight I'll go 275℉-300℉ and wrap in butchers paper if needed later after the desired color and  bark develops. 

Enjoy your Saturday.  I'll post the results later. 
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments