Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butts, Ribs, sack of crawfish and Pulled pork nachos.

Options
Thatgrimguy
Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
edited April 2016 in Off Topic
I had a couple butts on yesterday morning with the intention of making nachos for dinner. Had a couple friends call up so I threw on a rack of ribs and low and behold they showed up with a sack of crawfish!  After the competition Saturday I was ready to keep it going!!

And last but not least I drank a couple too..

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Options

Looks great- curious about the butts being in liquid in foil pans.  Do you move them to the pan part way through the cook?  If so, when and do you discard that liquid/drippings or separate the fat and add it back?

Is that unique to your Shirley and would you do it the same on the egg?

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    BigWader said:

Looks great- curious about the butts being in liquid in foil pans.  Do you move them to the pan part way through the cook?  If so, when and do you discard that liquid/drippings or separate the fat and add it back?

Is that unique to your Shirley and would you do it the same on the egg?

Unique to my shirley. I don't wrap in my Egg.  

In my shirley if I leave it nekkid the whole way it gets way too dark of a bark. So when the color looks a nice mahogany I go ahead and wrap it. I ended up wrapping this one a bit late and it still got darker than I meant for it too.  

The wrap usually happens just before or during the stall and leaves me with a lot of juice. I fill up a gravy seperator to seperate the fat and dump the rest.  I use about half of what I save and end up throwing the rest away. I like having a little of the au jus to work with though.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    Fantastic looking feast!
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • EggSmokeVa
    EggSmokeVa Posts: 378
    Options
    Hell yeah!!! 
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party
    Yard full of other stuff to cook on

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
    Professional Drinker & Home Cook
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    I wish I lived near you...
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I need a friend like that. And/or to be your neighbor 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    All these post of the crawfish are making me miss being south.  I can't find anything here in central IL or anyone who likes them.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    That nacho picture tho....... Perfect

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Those are some serious eats! Well done. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Looks great. Love those crawfish!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Thank y'all. It was a great day to be outside and BBQ. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy
    Hey, those pork butts and ribs look mighty familiar ;) But it all looks great just the same. Great job buddy. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Thatgrimguy
    Hey, those pork butts and ribs look mighty familiar ;) But it all looks great just the same. Great job buddy. 
    Yep. They came off just a few hours after you left! Thanks again for bringing my cooler and stuff back to me. I forgot to give you your briskets.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    That is one impressive lineup right there. Looks great.
    Stillwater, MN
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Nice looking cooks Grim.  And that trailer is looking even better off the asphalt.

Phoenix 
  • jarc
    jarc Posts: 241
    Options
    It all looks very tasty Mr Grim. Very nice job!!!!!!

LBGE

Misplaced Cajun-----Blytheville, AR

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Excellent looking cooks!

I miss fresh crawfish.......... :s
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Eggingaround
    Options
    That some good looking grub! 
    Mckinney, TX
    LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
    Mini Max
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Geeeezusss that looks awesome!!!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nice and really like your beer. Mostly when it was $.50 in Ocho Rios (ok, been a couple of years). 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.