Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Overnight brisket just went on
    Pulled it off a little earlier.

Used Meat Church's new brisket injection 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Acn said:

Riding the Ferris wheel in the Place de la Concorde.
    Paris, France is My Beautiful Wife's favorite place on earth. We go every couple of years, and love it. A couple years  ago we drove the back roads from Paris to Bourne. Absolutely beautiful stayed there a week, hiked to the source of the Seine. The next week we drove back to Paris and stayed on Isle de St. Louise, in the middle of the Seine.
    Love the images you have shared, and thank you for doing so.
    Figured out the Metro yet? We have had no problem, even though it seems to be the number one complaint for tourists in Paris.

I had no problem figuring out the Metro - I wonder if all those people who complained have ever been on a subway before.  I lived in DC for 6 years, and although the Paris system is larger and has a lot more lines, the principle remains the same.

We had an apartment in the 17th arrondissment - it was very convenient to a metro and the Rue de Levis market street.  We didn't leave the city, but I think living away from the main tourist district and not in a hotel gave us a really immersive experience.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    How is fatback seasonal, Kroger?  What is fatback season?
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    How is fatback seasonal, Kroger?  What is fatback season?

Summer.  Tank tops and bikinis, not winter coats.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Problem solved. Butcher hit the trimmings bucket.  =)
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Acn said:
    YukonRon said:
    Acn said:

Riding the Ferris wheel in the Place de la Concorde.
    Paris, France is My Beautiful Wife's favorite place on earth. We go every couple of years, and love it. A couple years  ago we drove the back roads from Paris to Bourne. Absolutely beautiful stayed there a week, hiked to the source of the Seine. The next week we drove back to Paris and stayed on Isle de St. Louise, in the middle of the Seine.
    Love the images you have shared, and thank you for doing so.
    Figured out the Metro yet? We have had no problem, even though it seems to be the number one complaint for tourists in Paris.

I had no problem figuring out the Metro - I wonder if all those people who complained have ever been on a subway before.  I lived in DC for 6 years, and although the Paris system is larger and has a lot more lines, the principle remains the same.

We had an apartment in the 17th arrondissment - it was very convenient to a metro and the Rue de Levis market street.  We didn't leave the city, but I think living away from the main tourist district and not in a hotel gave us a really immersive experience.

Absolutely. Next time you go, if you like sculpture, there is a graveyard, called Pair LaChaisse ( I hope that is the correct spelling) that is one square mile of awesome history and work from some of the greatest sculptures of all time. 
    It also was the final fall back position of rebels (and ultimately their final resting spot) from the French Revolution. Wilde, Chopin, Stein, Morrison and other important names are there. The artwork, free handed is astounding.
    There are several memorial statues throughout the cemetery which are so awesome to see.
    I am envying you and your family. One of the most important cities of the world. 
    Safe Travels.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Smitcoa said:
    Georgia DOT at its finest 

Where is this in atl? I have a close friend who consults for the DOT in Atlanta and I was going to tell him about it.
    I75 near Windy Hill
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Well ain't that just Ducky! :anguished:

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Be safe Blake and Family!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    My Puerto Rican wife just called offsides in the Hawks game.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Lit said:
    My Puerto Rican wife just called offsides in the Hawks game.
    I never really got into hockey.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Just threw on some ribs for Momannem. My mom causally mentioned she'd like me to make some ribs for her. Ask and ye shall...

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Just bought my GNR concert tickets! 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Like @smokingpiney I am taking advantage of the last cold weather.  I had some leftover belly from another project a few weeks ago, so I cured it, and had it waiting in the fridge.  we got some cold weather today I so rigged up the cold smoker setup.  i'm also trying jerky for the first time, in a dehydrator.  i will be ready for the zombie apocalypse.

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Like @smokingpiney I am taking advantage of the last cold weather.  I had some leftover belly from another project a few weeks ago, so I cured it, and had it waiting in the fridge.  we got some cold weather today I so rigged up the cold smoker setup.  i'm also trying jerky for the first time, in a dehydrator.  i will be ready for the zombie apocalypse.

Cool looking rig, @blind99
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @smokingpiney I found the setup reading through old posts about cold smoking.  it may have been @darby_crenshaw 's 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Woke up early on a Saturday.  Put 4 hours in at the office.  Came home and worked around the house.  Now I'm relaxing with a couple of beers and watching some golf.
    Steve 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Sitting by the egg while it takes care of some wings while drinking a beer.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Would love to be outdoors sitting by the firepit, but it is WAY too windy today. 
    Steve 

• DMW
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Would love to be outdoors sitting by the firepit, but it is WAY too windy today. 
    Yeah, I'd like to light the fire pit, but too windy to be safe, and tonight is going to be crazy windy, 25-35 mph sustained with 55 mph gusts.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Yard work. Got to try out my new Stihl hedge trimmer. 
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    DMW said:
    YEMTrey said:
    Yeah, I'd like to light the fire pit, but too windy to be safe, and tonight is going to be crazy windy, 25-35 mph sustained with 55 mph gusts.
    Those are the winds I'm getting right now.  It's crazy windy. Picking up sticks/limbs every time I walk outside.
    Steve 

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Getting hungry looking at Nola's thread
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Braggart
    Braggart Posts: 238
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Love a good fire. Even better when you can see it from space....

Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Why skiing is important to me. The view matters
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • DMW
    Options
    Had a party tonight. Made wings, pig candy, and burgers on the egg.

No finished pics of the burgers, was too busy and everyone was hungry. Pig Candy was thick sliced bacon with brown sugar/cayenne. Wings were coated with Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom. The 8 1/4lb burgers for the kids were grocery store ground beef seasoned with Tatonka Dust. The 6 1/3lb burgers for the adults were home ground brisket seasoned with Code 3 Grunt Rub. Made some tater tots in the kitchen clock. Neighbor made some buckeyes that were really good. Drank some beer, drinking some bourbon now.

My buddy brought some new lighting he just got and his fog machine and we turned the basement into a club.

Oh, and Villanova won, not even close, that was crazy.

Everyone has left and I'm posting on the forum.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Made some Carnitas for a friend who just had surgery ....

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Laying in the hamock in the dark, tapping away on my phone.

How sad this is one of my favorite pastimes...I used to be into extreme sports.

Phoenix