Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chopped!

jabam
jabam Posts: 1,829
I love chopped! I think most of those chefs are pretty creative with the ingredients they are given. 

Anyone here think  they can handle the chopped kitchen?
Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    I've never seen it - but bump.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• rmr62
    rmr62 Posts: 233
    I used to watch a lot but got kind of burned out on it
    Lagrange, GA   LBGE
  • jabam
    I like it cause it gives me ideas on what to do with different foods. Some of the stuff they have on there I have never heard of. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    I love Chopped! No way could I handle the kitchen.  I am way to slow, not to mention lack tons of skill and training.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    I have never seen it. When and where does it come on?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    On a good day. They are talented Chefs. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Food network. And Monday or Tuesday's. Can't remember.  They always show reruns throughout the week though. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • When I cook something my youngest doesn't care for, she says, "Chef Dad, you've been chopped!"
    Flint, Michigan
  • Not me. I need a recipe

zippy could handle it though. 
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Not me. I need a recipe

zippy could handle it though. 
    I'd love to see you on chopped!  You'd rule.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    If they made me make au gratin potatoes with onion, garlic, evoo, kaise, cheddar, and heavy cream, maybe I would not get chopped right out of the gate.
    They would not do that, so I would be.
    Chopped.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • I am not imaginative w/r/t food

i can learn about something and then f*rt it out, but i can't improvise. 

I knowknow my limitations!
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• I would be willing to give it a shot. Like said before though some of the stuff they put in the basket I have never heard of.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Not me. I am more into the  basic comfort food. I never put many of their ingrediatns into anything i cook. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    My wife says I could do it.  I'm a little iffy, but would love to try it.  

I'm not a recipe type.  I suck at it because I don't measure anything. I just dash, pour, stir, and taste until the flavor is to my liking.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    I watch the show and enjoy it (except for the "sob story why are you competing here today" segment.

I could never be on the show. I'd be a frozen deer in the headlights upon opening the basket and seeing things I have never heard of (what the hell is mofongo??).

My guilty pleasure is Alton Brown's "Cutthroat Kitchen". So stupid it's funny. I'm actually about to watch last nights episode in a few minutes. Just good old stupid stupid fun but actually quite educational at times. Mostly not though, just stupid stupid fun.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I enjoy the show in small doses but I find it too stressful to watch.  I would cut a finger off and/or start a fire if I had to prepare a meal under that kind of pressure. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited February 2016
    I think I can hold my own in the kitchen.  Just not that one.
    I can handle pressure.  It's the oddball ingredients that would be my downfall.  
    Our cooking skills are elementary, when compared to a professional.  Although some here may beg to differ. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• jabam

I'm not a recipe type.  I suck at it because I don't measure anything. I just dash, pour, stir, and taste until the flavor is to my liking.  

seems like that would be the approach to take.  I would be afraid of not getting all the food plated, would definitely need more time.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    jabam said:

seems like that would be the approach to take.  I would be afraid of not getting all the food plated, would definitely need more time.
    My plates would be a hot mess for sure.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site