Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC - Hopper

Options

Comments

• HondaHawk
    Options
    Never posted a pic here...
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Here ya go.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• HondaHawk
    Options
    thank you good sir

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Haha they are just trolling now. Btw the yeti shape wise looks better,
    Seattle, WA
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    Seriously? The Yeti one looks like a woman's purse.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Attached a couple of full size pictures. RTIC says it goes on sale starting the 15th... so that means they will start selling it the morning of the 12th without telling anyone.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,173
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Wish they would use some of their hardwork copying to make a better product.

If I wanted a square cooler I would get a hardside.  I do like the insulation on the top though!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    Attached a couple of full size pictures. RTIC says it goes on sale starting the 15th... so that means they will start selling it the morning of the 12th without telling anyone.
    And they will start shipping in August. =)
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Wish they would use some of their hardwork copying to make a better product.

If I wanted a square cooler I would get a hardside.  I do like the insulation on the top though!
    Agree 100%. Not sure what this does better than a 20 hard side.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,219
    Options
    Looks like my Shimano tackle bags. 

• RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    How much is it?
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    RRog17 said:
    How much is it?
    $99
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I wouldnt pay 99 for that... Ok yes I would...
  • RiverRatSkier
    Options
    I got 3 polar bear coolers for $100.  Just sayin.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Dude.....Ice is expensive, you need the ability to extend it's effective use. (JKOC)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • RiverRatSkier
    Options
    Exactly.  I would expect a very minimal difference in ice retention between the yeti and polar bear.  No yeti to test against though.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That would probably be lighter than a hard-sided 20. I don't need another cooler though... not yet.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    The ones on sale this past time were not water proof zippers and such.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Exactly.  I would expect a very minimal difference in ice retention between the yeti and polar bear.  No yeti to test against though.
    I have done an informal test with a Polar Bear 24 against a Yeti Hopper.  Basically me and a buddy went to the lake and the ice was gone in his hopper by the end of the day.  My PB had plenty of ice.  I left the PB on my deck and there was still ice the next morning. 

To be fair this was very informal- I have no idea how much ice he started with...I just know he was pissed when it was all melted.   I started with just the ice from my freezer ice maker.  

The PB cost me $40 (two for $80) vs a $300 hopper. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    SkinnyV said:
    and holds ice about as well

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    SkinnyV said:
    and holds ice about as well

I use 1 ice cube in my Yeti and it freezes all my beer for 4 weeks.  Its amazing!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    My brother, this^^^^^^^^^ is worth it's weight in gold. If I had a quadruple seal of approval, this statement would earn it in spades. However I do have a double seal of approval, and am honored to present here for those words of greatness:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You dorks still jabbering about an unreleased, mythical product?    That's what I like about yall.  What would be more fun is Lit going apesh!t on your pulled pork.  Infinity seal of approval.
    stompbox said:
    The ones on sale this past time were not water proof zippers and such.

Valid point.  Add on $10 for a whole sh!t load of garbage bags if you feel the need to turn your cooler upside down when it is in a location that you do not want to get wet.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    You dorks still jabbering about an unreleased, mythical product?    That's what I like about yall.  What would be more fun is Lit going apesh!t on your pulled pork.  Infinity seal of approval.
    I think you mean boiled beef.