Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My trailer smoker has started being built!

Options

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Looks absolutely amazing. That is one hell of a setup. Congrats and now the work begins. Remember pics or it never happened!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    You're gonna need a trophy case now.  That thing is beautiful, big congrats.
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    That thing is a monster! I love that it matches the RV!!
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    That's badass! Congrats! 
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    That is a true thing of beauty! Congrats! Looking forward to seeing pictures of it in action now.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    I have a lot of grills. 

I don't get jealous very often.

I'm officially jealous.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    Great design and execution.  What a complete set-up.   Congrats.  Have fun with the learning curve.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • volfan1
    volfan1 Posts: 164
    Options
    That rig is gorgeous! Congratulations.
    XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I just might have to go to Butt Blast to see this rig in person!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Brother Grim, Nice touch with the "Flying Pig" and the 3 Little Pigs on top of the Shirley!!!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    Options
    Hey Grim hopefully you or the shirley's did a video before pickup.  Please post it here when its available.  I'd love to see the walkthrough of this beast.  

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    I just might have to go to Butt Blast to see this rig in person!
    Oh....so I see where us Carolina folks stand with you....(JKOC)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    shucker said:
    Hey Grim hopefully you or the shirley's did a video before pickup.  Please post it here when its available.  I'd love to see the walkthrough of this beast.  
    Shirley's didn't get a chance to get any pictures or video. So, once I get the plumbing, lighting, and all done, I'll do the walk around video and send it to them.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    What are you doing with all those biscuits ;)
    Great looking pit man. Enjoy it.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Foghorn
    Options
    Doing a biscuit test? 

My son and I found that a bacon test works just as well and we prefer the by-product. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SGH
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Doing a biscuit test? 

My son and I found that a bacon test works just as well and we prefer the by-product. 
    If you want to avoid all by products, the candle test will accomplish the same end. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

and I'm ready to season!!

No butter and jelly?  WTH!!!!  :rage: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Foghorn
    Options
    SGH said:
    Foghorn said:
    Doing a biscuit test? 

If you want to avoid all by products, the candle test will accomplish the same end. 
    Bacon is not something to be avoided.  @SGH I'm frankly disappointed in you.

San Antonio, TX

• SGH
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    No no. I'm not advocating avoiding bacon. Not at all my friend. However the candle test is a way to avoid getting the pit nasty until you are done showing it off and getting all the "new" pics taken. Also the candle test will show a slight down draft or "pull" a little better than the bacon and biscuits will. I'm all for bacon my friend. However manufactures that tune your new pit don't want to get it dirty and greasy. They want to sell you a new looking pit. It's here the candle test shines. 

Status- Standing by.

• Foghorn
    Options
    SGH said:
    Foghorn said:
    No no. I'm not advocating avoiding bacon. Not at all my friend. However the candle test is a way to avoid getting the pit nasty until you are done showing it off and getting all the "new" pics taken. Also the candle test will show a slight down draft or "pull" a little better than the bacon and biscuits will. I'm all for bacon my friend. However manufactures that tune your new pit don't want to get it dirty and greasy. They want to sell you a new looking pit. It's here the candle test shines. 

OK.  You're forgiven.  And I'll retrieve my SGH Double Seal of Approval from the trash now. 

San Antonio, TX

• Thatgrimguy
    edited February 2016
    Options
    How do you do the candle test?  

(bacon costs a lot more than biscuits, and I already have an excessive amount of food I'm going to be cooking this week and just didn't need 100lbs of crispy bacon laying around.)
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SGH
    Options
    How do you do the candle test?  

I will talk/show you tomorrow. It's eaiser to understand when standing in front of a pit.  

Status- Standing by.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    That is gorgeous.  You are going to have some seriously jealous people looking at you every time you haul that beauty down the road.   B)
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    one of my all time favorite threads. congrats @Thatgrimguy
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
     I'm going to be cooking this week and just didn't need 100lbs of crispy bacon laying around.)
    Blasphemy.
    I would take 10 lbs if you did.  

Damn gorgeous!  Just gorgeous!  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I'm in heaven!!!!!

Synced in within 5 degrees side to side. I let it get to 350 cause I kept adding sticks. It's nothing but clean blue smoke. It's amazing.

Started with the obligatory naked Fatty.

Where did it go?

While that was happening I size checked my crawfish pot.  OHH yeah.

Now it's time for a drink by the fire.

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    The very astute of you will notice I said I can't season it today because it's my 2 year wedding anniversary.  I hope my wife is as understanding as she's acting right now!!
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    Happy for you @Thatgrimguy for the smoker and the anniversary!
    New Orleans LA