Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you watching on Netflix?

Options

Comments

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    I don't know @Ozzie_Isaac it seems to me that there would be a lot more evidence.  Like if she was killed the way they described, where is all the blood.  You wouldn't be able to clean up that amount.   Also, don't get me started on the key.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Kids begged me for a free trial, then never watched it. 

I ended up watching it for a month, in a small corner of my monitor as I 'worked' at my day job, and zipped through most everything of interest to me, and most of what everyone else seems to have binged too.

I'll say though, if you like those wry oddball Enlgish comedies (like the original 'Office'), give "The Detectorists" a try.  very understated, well done comedy.

They only had one season, but I watched season two elsewhere online (semi-nefariously).

short but sweet.
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• gtcharlie
    Options
    I found almost all of the Showtime series to be worthwhile.  Dexter, Nurse Jackie, Weeds, Homeland, etc.   Although almost all of them start out very strong in my opinion and tire out over time.   Shameless has been the exception to that rule.   And have been binge watching Its always sunny in Philadelphia.   Pretty dark humor and not for everybody but I find myself laughing out loud to that show more than any other.
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    I'm hooked on Bob's burgers at the moment.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    ryantt said:
    I'm hooked on Bob's burgers at the moment.  
    I love that show.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Options
    Ken Burn's "The Roosevelts" - fascinating.
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Shows I'm watching or just finished that i'd recommed:

Docs:
    Making a Murderer
    High Profits

Series:
    Longmire
    Bloodline
    House of Cards
    Narcos
    Blacklist
    Orange is the new Black
    Daredevil
    Jessica Jones

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I loved High Profits. It's like watching a modern day gold rush.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Watched 6 episodes of Making a Murderer.  Sure the cops played fast and loose with the law and they should be punished, but I think Steven is guilty all the way.

Cops figured they better make an airtight case, instead of relying on non-planted evidence
    Probably worth a thread all its own to discuss. Do I think Steven did it? Maybe? Logically it doesn't make sense given the timing of things in his life at that moment. That being said, I'm not confident of his innocence either. But I will say regardless that there should be no way that "beyond a reasonable doubt" was met. 

I don't want to ruin the show with spoilers but the one lesson I assuredly came away with is by all means do not get into the criminal justice system in any way, shape or form. It is very easy to get screwed and if you think being a citizen provides you any right to a fair trial you are flat wrong. 
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Watched 6 episodes of Making a Murderer.  Sure the cops played fast and loose with the law and they should be punished, but I think Steven is guilty all the way.

Cops figured they better make an airtight case, instead of relying on non-planted evidence
    I think he is innocent. Far too dumb to commit a murder of that degree and leave zero biological evidence. If so, he is able to accomplish what every other criminal can't on an IQ of -40000. If he did it why wouldn't he crush the car with the crusher 25 yards away.  Too many strange things in that case. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Totally agree @Chubbs
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    The last three binges have been;

Justified - cowboy US Marshall in Kentucky, that justifiably shoots lots of bad guys
    Walking Dead - former Georgia Sheriff Deputy, turned zombie killer
    Longmire - cowboy Wyoming Sheriff

I guess I like the cowboy lawmen type shows ;) 
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Doubt its on Netflix but Amy Schumer and Whitney Cummings stand up specials on HBO are funny as hell. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Watch lost. That will buy you months. And the following. My personal favorite
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    The Hattfields and the McCoys. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    narcos...amazing show
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    Sherlock.  Great series from UK.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Outrage (yakuza flick)
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    Breaking Bad (over and over and over again)

gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Options
    Legume said:
    Sherlock.  Great series from UK.
    +1 Sherlock
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,205
    Options
    Thanks for turning me on to Narcos. It's going to be hard to wait for Season 2. Watched an episode of Longmire last night. Thanks for the recommendations. The wife and I like shows like BB and Narcos that don't have a "conclusion" every episode. Any recommendations for Netflix shows that fit that bill? The wife didn't like Sons of Anarchy after two episodes. 
  • Golfguy77
    Options
    Just finished Narcos, which was awesome. Sounds like we'll have to wait a while for season 2.  They haven't even started filming it yet.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Thanks for turning me on to Narcos. It's going to be hard to wait for Season 2. Watched an episode of Longmire last night. Thanks for the recommendations. The wife and I like shows like BB and Narcos that don't have a "conclusion" every episode. Any recommendations for Netflix shows that fit that bill? The wife didn't like Sons of Anarchy after two episodes. 
    Bloodline is extremely binge-worthy the story unfolds like chapters in a book. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Oh...and don't forget this Friday. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXuGLswn2l0

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,164
    Options
    Does Bloodline get better?  I'm 3 episodes in and it is all moody dark shots of a family coping with a dad who may have been abusive.  Barely any dialogue.  Boring!!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,205
    Options
    ^^ the wifey won't dedicate 3 episodes to that 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    It builds like many great ones. 
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    sherlock
    the killing
    the fall
    longmire

i love mystery/drama shows
  • Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    Options
    If you like Orange is the New Black check out Wentworth. It's a an Australian show with the same story line but gets deeper. Good show
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I tried out Nurse Jackie last night. Watched 2 shows. Seems like House, minus the genius. I like House better. Does it get more interesting at some point or is it just cheating/druggie nurse who cares about her job?