Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - so what did you get your girl for the holidays?

Not gonna lie, I am looking for (more) ideas.

The deal was we were not gonna get each other anything because we went on a big trip, but we all know how that ends.  Well, as predicted,  packages started arriving late last week. "Do not open this... Do not look where that came from..." etc.    I have a few small things, but looking for a few other quick ideas. I figured many of us are in the same boat so I thought I would ask for all of us who are procrastinators. 
--------------------------------------------------
Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
....just look for the smoke!
Large and MiniMax
--------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I'm in so much trouble...I have no idea.  The only thing I know she wants is some rain boots made by Hunter.  They are tall shiny looking boots.  I think I will get her the shortest skirt I can find to complete the ensemble ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Pridnjoy
    Pridnjoy Posts: 130
    If y'all agreed on nothing, then nothing! That was the agreement. Excellent learning lesson for her. Plus makes for great Christmas dinner discussions.  =)
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Pridnjoy said:
    If y'all agreed on nothing, then nothing! That was the agreement. Excellent learning lesson for her. Plus makes for great Christmas dinner discussions.  =)
    How'd that go with your ex-wife/ex GF?   =)

We all know that 'let's not get anything for each other this year' is a trap, but we always fall for it until it is almost too late to do anything about it.

Good luck and god bless brother - you are gone need it.
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    edited December 2015
    A new front door and storm door for our deck. We both agreed not to exchange gifts this year. However I did buy 2 Sonos Play 1 speakers as my lovely wife wanted a way to play music in the house. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    So you start early......today is my wif's birthday. Went with some tickets to see Van Morrison. Tomorrow I will go on the Christmas shop. Thinking a newMac book....which she wants......but have been told many times to never buy her something with a power cord. Maybe just some potpourri........I think they like that.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    All of our framed artwork has been filling up a closet since we moved into the new house in May.  I had it all professionally hung while she was out of town.

(we also agreed not to swap gifts as this house project still isn't finished).
    NOLA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    New iPhone she needs.... Amazon echo... Me wrapped in bacon.  :o
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Our deal was not to buy for each other. We just totally remodeled a kitchen new fridge stove etc. oh yes (Silestone counter tops..earlier thread, hehehe) and I be da*n she talked me in to a new Subaru Outback (I think she's a tree hugger) Oh well it's all good. Merry Christmas to all my forum family.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Pridnjoy
    Pridnjoy Posts: 130
    Spaightlabs said: How'd that go with your ex-wife/ex GF?   =) 

We all know that 'let's not get anything for each other this year' is a trap, but we always fall for it until it is almost too late to do anything about it.

Good luck and god bless brother - you are gone need it.
    Like I said, makes for great Christmas discussions.
    We are pretty fortunate and don't wait until Christmas to get what we need or want. This year we agreed to not exchange gifts, rather we took our four children on a week long vacation. It was a great decision, as everyone enjoyed it much more than any gift from China. 
  • piney
    henapple said:
    New iPhone she needs.... Amazon echo... Me wrapped in bacon.  :o
    Merry Christmas Tony! I can do without the bacon wrap visual.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Garage door opener. She is going to love it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    We've never gotten each other gifts for Christmas. We donate to kids charities instead. Takes a lot of pressure off...

^^^Very cool, I like this...

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    We are getting new living room furniture. She really wanted Barcelona chairs so we are getting a couple of those and a couch and who knows what else.
  • piney
    ^^^^ I just hope she don't want all those dam* bumper stickers on its ass end
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    :o buzd504 said:
    piney said:
    she talked me in to a new Subaru Outback (I think she's a tree hugger)

Or a lesbian...  =)
    Hey I resemble that remark 
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    I got her some Lululemon, fitbit charge, Starbucks card and some lotions and cremes.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Lit said:
    We are getting new living room furniture. She really wanted Barcelona chairs so we are getting a couple of those and a couch and who knows what else.

Love your style, Dude.

We got an Eames chair for Xmas.  
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Jewelry, I bought a 54 inch strand of Tahitian AA grade pearls. My default is always something classy, demure, and beautiful. Perfect for My Beautiful Wife.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    EGGjlmh said:
    We've never gotten each other gifts for Christmas. We donate to kids charities instead. Takes a lot of pressure off...

^^^Very cool, I like this...
    Not to mention a little tax write-off.
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    First let me relate a small story about the "I don't need anything" comment.

I was married for 30 years to my late wife.  Before we got married and we were not living together, she was celebrating a birthday that was to fall on a Tuesday.  On the Saturday night before the birthday, I arranged for about 30 of our friends to meet us at a restaurant for a surprise birthday dinner "complete with flowers and gifts".

Well her birthday came and went without my stopping by, but I did call to wish her a happy birthday.

I NEVER HEARD THE END OF THAT ONE FOR 30 YEARS.

Don't fall for the "we are not exchanging gifts this year" trap.

All guys should know that we have to strive hard to earn "Atta Boys".  We need to stock pile them as much as possible.  It is proven that it only takes one "Aw Sh!t" to wipe out a stack of AttaBoys.

No matter how great or small, always buy a gift for your loved one. It is the gift that keeps on giving.

Just Sayin!
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Toaster and a new mop! Momma is getting hooked up!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Snowshoes.
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • I'm gonna be in trouble.....  You'd think that after 20 years I could read read her, but she's stoic as a statue!!!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Man, you guys are romantic as hell

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    mid-leg flexion cushions 
  • Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    My wife wanted a new Dyson Cinetic+Animal vacuum to replace the one she traded in to get a Kirby. I fought it as long as I could because I agree with @northGAcock to never get anything with a power cord but she won and it's under the tree. I like the donating to a charity idea or just taking a vacation only problem is we have to goto the mother-in-laws each Christmas or MIL will have a breakdown.
  • @Legume if only it were that easy.