Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - so what did you get your girl for the holidays?

Options
124»

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Most eggcellent wrapping right there.  Too funny.  I hope you have a recovery plan once the humor wears off ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Got my best friend simple stuff.  Robe, sweater, top, pepper spray, her favorite stocking stuffers and also the Blackstone griddle, joint present.  We focus our giving on our kids and charity.  This years charity was a food bank in Columbia, SC.  Happy holidays to you all.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    A trip to Chilean Patagonia.

Explora Patagonia.

Google it.

Jan 23 to Feb 6.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    dmchicago said:

Explora Patagonia.

Google it.

Jan 23 to Feb 6.
    Awesome trip. I have done it. Worth every stinking penny. Came back realizing the bargain that is was. Nice!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • dmchicago
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    dmchicago said:

Explora Patagonia.

Google it.

Jan 23 to Feb 6.
    Awesome trip. I have done it. Worth every stinking penny. Came back realizing the bargain that is was. Nice!
    Good to hear since the balance is due tomorrow!

At first,  thought she wanted to go to Chili's. Wrongo!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @dmchicagoWe so badly want to do that trip and area of the world.  The question is how?  Land? With a tour? On our own(what we usually do)? What exact areas? etc...

When you go please send pictures, if you can, with updates to your adventures. Lot of people are interested in other people's trips and what they are doing.  Jus took at the "what are you doing right now" thread as proof.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I just googled it. Prime candidate for our 2016 vacation. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Crap now I gotta google it. This will one day cost me money I'm sure. 
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    You guys are living large...I made use of a 20% discount flyer I got in the mail for Bed Bath and Beyond...She is getting a Cuisinart smart stick blender, 2 kitchen knives and a bath robe.. I might need to get creative with the wrapping like Matt..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Sea2Ski
    Options
    I am saying goodbye to the guy in the office next to me. He is never coming back. Ever. 

He he going with a weight loss theme for his wife. Apparently she has been saying for the last few months she wanted to lose 30 lbs.  He wants to support her as much as possible, so he got her 5 hot wraps at the spa, a membership to weight watchers, sneakers, pedometer, and a treadmill.  I kid you not.  If I did not see the receipts for them (all dated within the last 10 days) I would not believe it. He even got the new WW calculator they have out.

4 others were in trying to talk to him about getting at least something fun or an exciting experience, but he is holding steady to that theme. 

Good intentions, but......
    Large and MiniMax

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    My wife has always wanted a hand gun to kee at home. So I finally got her a sccy (sky) industries 9mm pistol.

made in America (Daytona beach florida) with a lifetime warranty that stays with the gun. Even if it's stolen, they will replace it.

here a picture from Google. It's all wrapped up right now or I would take a picture 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    thats the scariest gun ive ever seen
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    A pink gun got one of my X-ray techs out of a speeding ticket!  The poor cop couldn't keep a straight face when he saw it. She has a concealed carry permit, presented it and informed him of the weapon location. He asked her to produce the gun so he could secure it, but lost it when he saw a pink aluminum stubby 38.....

needless as to say, Kim is my favorite X-ray tech!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• dmchicago
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    @dmchicagoWe so badly want to do that trip and area of the world.  The question is how?  Land? With a tour? On our own(what we usually do)? What exact areas? etc...

When you go please send pictures, if you can, with updates to your adventures. Lot of people are interested in other people's trips and what they are doing.  Jus took at the "what are you doing right now" thread as proof.
    @Sea2Ski

I'll do a post trip report upon return. There is no cell and very weak wifi down there. 

I loved following along on your trip recently so I'll do what I can to return the favor!

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • DoubleEgger
    edited December 2015
    Options
    A pink gun got one of my X-ray techs out of a speeding ticket!  The poor cop couldn't keep a straight face when he saw it. She has a concealed carry permit, presented it and informed him of the weapon location. He asked her to produce the gun so he could secure it, but lost it when he saw a pink aluminum stubby 38.....

needless as to say, Kim is my favorite X-ray tech!
    There's no duty to inform in Georgia. No way I'm handing over my handgun. 

http://concealednation.org/2015/07/do-you-have-a-duty-to-inform-when-carrying-concealed-we-look-at-all-50-states-for-the-answers/
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited December 2015
    Options
    When taking my conceal and carry class last weekend the class instructor specifically said not to mention anything (within reason) if getting pulled over and carrying.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

WeberWho? said:
    When taking my conceal and carry class last weekend the class instructor specifically said not to mention anything (within reason) if getting pulled over and carrying.
    What could possibly go wrong?  Right?

Options
    @tarheelmatt   You still out there? Just checking to see if the wife liked her vacuum? 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    He mighta got killed.  ;)

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @tarheelmatt   You still out there? Just checking to see if the wife liked her vacuum? 
    Robin, after I gave it to her, I haven't seen her since.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    She got the house clean?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Little Steven
    Options
    After two purses and a pandora charm she liked the garage door opener the best.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Sea2Ski
    Options
    My wife loved the towel warmer.  Thanks for the idea @maximus1
    Large and MiniMax

• Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    Options
    Now my wife is saying she didn't want the Vacuum that she said she wanted but can't remember what she wanted. I wish I could get away with saying stuff my wife says.
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Davec433 said:
    Now my wife is saying she didn't want the Vacuum that she said she wanted but can't remember what she wanted. I wish I could get away with saying stuff my wife says.
    Should have got her the same one as I got mine...
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    @tarheelmatt must be in hiding now.  He only comes out in the middle of the night while the wifey is asleep! 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    @tarheelmatt must be in hiding now.  He only comes out in the middle of the night while the wifey is asleep! 
    I'm good brother! Drove to Ohio. Wife was sleepy the whole time, not sure why. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    Options
    Lol no I'm in Wisconsin so pretty busy.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    I'm good brother! Drove to Ohio. Wife was sleepy the whole time, not sure why. 
    Probably all that vacuuming....
  • SloppyJoe
    Options
    I got her a long piece of salami