Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled pork nachos

Options
From leftovers. With some homemade refried black beans. And a xl rum and coke. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    This is one of my very favorites. And yours look especially delicious!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    Nice, looks tasty! Nachos with leftover smoked meat is a go to. 
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    I love it! I posted earlier today with some leftover smoked pork for an omlet. 

I mi have found that the egg makes for a full fridge of leftovers!
  • Tbent
    Tbent Posts: 225
    Options
    Great pic. Looks awesome. You just talked me into pouring a rum and coke for myself. 
    L, S, MM, Mini
    Washington, IL
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Wow...damn fine looking 'chos and that pic belongs on a magazine. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @texaswig   Those look great.  I agree with @SmokeyPitton the magazine worthiness of your picture.  
    Phoenix 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Most excellent sir!  Nice looking plate.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    That looks awesome!  I've never made pulled pork nachos, but I will now?

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
  • hoosieregged
    Options
    Pulled pork nachos are a favorite at my house.  We have thwm often
    Hamilton, IN****1LBGE and a MiniMax
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Holy sh!t, dude! I almost ate my screen!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Beautiful tasty repurpose there brother wig!  Really strong!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    looks delicious....very nice photography too
    Options
    Thanks guys. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Awesome looking grub. The pic looks great as well.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options
    Killer!!!!!  Left over pulled pork also makes killer pork tacos and quesadillas at my house!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Damn!!! Those look good. I want that for lunch.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

Damn Scott, nicely done.

When do you want to come over to cook, I mean look at the outdoor deep fryer?

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Oh mamacita....  :flushed: 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @Hotch soon bro. I'll talk with the boss lady and see what she has planned for me. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Now that is a money shot...WOW!
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    I want some of that NOW!!  Awesome 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Roadpuke0
    Options
    Do you ups? Red label me the sucker. 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    If we eat with our eyes, that makes those nachos the best I've seen. Superb.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Did a smoked peach butt, awesome! My beautiful wife made breakfast burritos with our left overs, scrambled some cheesy eggs, added black bean salsa to the pork, rolled and served. 
    Awesome, and these will be done again!!!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • texaswig
    Options
    @YukonRon I was gonna. I even bought the peach preserves. At the last minute I though it's been so long since I did a super low and slow I would wait and do it next. I was planning on not wrapping it. But ended up wrapping it close to the end to hurry it up a little. I'm thinking when I do a peach one. I'm gonna wrap it fast. Maybe at the 2 hour mark. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    texaswig said:
    @YukonRon I was gonna. I even bought the peach preserves. At the last minute I though it's been so long since I did a super low and slow I would wait and do it next. I was planning on not wrapping it. But ended up wrapping it close to the end to hurry it up a little. I'm thinking when I do a peach one. I'm gonna wrap it fast. Maybe at the 2 hour mark. 
    I have not wrapped yet, and I am curious whether I should start? It seems the peach preserves, as they cook, Carmelize and seal the juices in. The first may have benefitted, as it fell apart on the grill, it was juicy, but the second, I added a heavier peach covering, and it held the roast and all the juices in. It was very moist and very tender. 
    Let me know if you don't mind.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blasting
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I have not wrapped yet, and I am curious whether I should start? 

In my wrapped vs. unwrapped comparison (didn't post) I much preferred unwrapped.

This weekend I'm gonna do that Lily injection vs. brine comparison and will do a post on it. 

Phoenix 
  • texaswig
    Options
    I was just thinking more caramelized instead of hard bark.the faster you wrap it the less bark. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • blasting
    Options
    texaswig said:
    I was just thinking more caramelized instead of hard bark.the faster you wrap it the less bark. 
    I used to wrap for the same reason.  I didn't think the fat rendered as well.  

Fyi, your nachos is now my desktop background to remind me to make them soon!
    Phoenix