Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meat butter.

Options
So, like you take some meat, and add butter.  Then, like, blend it up with a ninja or something.  So it's like melted because of the energy and stuff from the blender so you have to put it in the fridge so it like, cools, and turns into butter again, but with meat in it.  Really good.  No comments, it will ruin my idea.   I'll flag them as spam. Thank you and stuff.

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    Cooked or uncooked meat?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Legume said:
    Cooked or uncooked meat?
    Like, yes.  Just scoop it out of your fridge, freezer, grease pan, floor or if you're cleaning your garage and there's some meat in there, or stuck to the grill of your truck. It's all good and stuff.
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Can I have 'question or comment' for $500 Alex?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @Legume Notice, and stuff, that I stand corrected.
    Options
    Phew!  How about spam, would it work with spam?  Can I make spam butter?
  • Legume
    Options
    Will this piss off the vegans that won't be able to eat butter if it has meat in it?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    After some extensive research, I see that spam qualifies, barely, as food in the meat category (if you don't count the petroleum distillates).  So yes. 

The vegans?  I suggest they avoid meat butter.
    Options
    After further research, spam is actually meat butter.  I suppose my idea is not original.  DAMN IT!!!
    How long would you smoke spam and what temp?

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SmyrnaGA There's a specific recipe for spam-smokage.  Time and temp is much less important than the composition of smoke materials.  Listen closely my friend, and you'll have the finest smoked spam butter that may be achieved.

Take a newspaper, and lay out the comic section.  Do this on your living room floor.  In each square, lay down in clockwise order: grass clippings, fingernail clippings, some hair from your shower drain, mesquite, oak, three drops of engine oil, a plastic cap from a Coke Zero (tm), a dozen birthday candles (not the ones that relight) and whatever stuff you can scrape from a driver side back wheel well of a 1984 Chevy Bronco. 

Roll up the newspaper, put it in the middle of the column of lump.  Light it from the bottom with an old sock (polyester if possible).  Make sure you drizzle some bacon fat on the top of the lump. 

Put the spam in a foam tilapia container, and place center back on an indirect setup.  When the smoke is solid black and smells like a lawn fire with recycling thrown on top, close the vents and let it stew until the dome thermo says 100F.  Take it out and let it rest for a while.  Enjoy.
    Options
    This sounds like a really, uh, "interesting" pâté.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Legume said:
    Will this piss off the vegans that won't be able to eat butter if it has meat in it?
    Cmon man, you know that vegans can't have butter, regardless of the meat content.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GATraveller
    Options
    You had me at "meat"

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
     :o.  This thread has confused me to the core. 

carry on....
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    When is the meat butter camp scheduled for and are there any openings? I'd like to attend. :)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    An idle mind is the devil's workshop. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    What about a drunk mind?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    DMW said:
    What about a drunk mind?
    Seems the more likely alternative. 
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    sounds good.
    yu can also just use just fat and a little meat.  try it with guanciale or a dried pancetta.  mince, and whip it up in a food processor.  called "spuma".   good stuff!

or rillettes too.  fat and meat in spreadable form? can't possibly go wrong.

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    pemican: dried lean meat, pounded to particles, mixed w. an equal weight of fat, maybe some dried fruit. Pure endurance food.
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Holy ****. Don't let @zmokin see this sacrilege. 
    Nola you insolent fool. This is called a rillette. If you are caught calling a traditional item by another name or modify a traditional item you will be banished from all purist communications. 

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1186632/keep-your-hands-off-my-tocino
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Soylent Green IS made out of MEAT BUTTER!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IKVj4l5GU4

Options
    Love the Chevy Bronco comment.  I learnt to drive on a Bronco.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • BizGreenEgg
    Options
    After some extensive research, I see that spam qualifies, barely, as food in the meat category (if you don't count the petroleum distillates).  So yes. 

The vegans?  I suggest they avoid meat butter.
    I must respectfully disagree.  Vegans need meat more than any other group.
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • Legume
    Options
    I'm still flagged @nolaegghead wth?  I'll never get enough points for the satin BGE racing jacket if you keep flagging me.

@acn I get that, but they can't eat meat butter, because it has meat and they don't eat meat even if it's been in a blender and is just the paste form of meat
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @Legume I said I'd flag...  all in good fun.  I unflagged ya.  Wuss.  ;)
    Options
    Thanks, I try to keep a clean profile and only post on things like bbq.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    So like it's butter and like meat?  So would you like pulse the Ninja or go totally ghetto valley girl on it. Flag away. :wink: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL Like, if you use raw meat, like from the grill of your truck, you want to go ghetto on it because it also chops up the germs and stuff.
    Options
    I want some of what Nola is smokin/drinkin
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013