Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A sad day... And a loss to the egging community

13»

Comments

• bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    @theyolksonyou .....just an old white guy from Wisconsin..but I bet you cant go 3 seconds....lmao

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• Normy
    Normy Posts: 26
    C'mon, fellas.  BGE didn't shut his site down.  You're overanalyzing.

You broke him.  You broke him like a steer.  He shut down the site himself.  

Nice work, gentlemen.
    Ewing, NJ
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Anyone have the recipe for the 72 hour SV mush 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Normy said:
    C'mon, fellas.  BGE didn't shut his site down.  You're overanalyzing.

You broke him.  You broke him like a steer.  He shut down the site himself.  

Nice work, gentlemen.
    Nah, Craig can take a beating like a champ.  I'm sure he's just doing site maintenance or something.   
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited July 2015
    In my professional opinion (I have been in IT for quite a while, switched over from chemistry), he just installed a hyper-optic linear mirror interface with NSA for optimal root control.  This little modification allows NSA operatives to monitor BBQ operations, and installs a daemon in all forum or, rather BGC visitor, PCs with a root kit that does key-logging and log mirroring.  This upload is clever, it happens on a 404 error.  Please let me know if you see this, also shut your computer down immediately and use another.   This is a third degree polynomial invasive fistula algorithm.  Pretty normal stuff.  Nothing to worry about( if you haven't seen that error), folks.
    edited July 2015
    Jeremiah said:
    Boy, y'all are relentless. Entertaining, but relentless. 
    No kidding!  I'm not going to pile on, but I will enjoy the show.

Every time I think things are getting out of hand, Craig pokes his head up and stirs the pot again, so maybe he likes it...

Phoenix 
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Big_Green_Craig_Frenchfry.com

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    edited July 2015
    The more I think about it, the more I think he got a cease and desist letter or at least a scary letter from the BGE corporate attorney. Seems like he is trying to transition to Kamado Craig since a)he bought b) was given a Flo and a KJ. Website is down without any explanation. BGC is self absorbed enough that he would have let his lemmings know the website is still down for service if that were indeed the case. He'd be compelled to "clear his name". He's still around on site yet quiet as a mouse.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    The more I think about it, the more I think he got a cease and desist letter or at least a scary letter from the BGE corporate attorney. Seems like he is trying to transition to Kamado Craig since a)he bought b) was given a Flo and a KJ. Website is down without any explanation. BGC is self absorbed enough that he would have let his lemmings know the website is still down for service if that were indeed the case. He'd be compelled to "clear his name". He's still around on site yet quiet as a mouse.

:lol:  I think that is a stretch but you never know, I guess.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Someone needs to write a Wikipedia page for this guy.  The ultimate complement to solidify his importance to humanity
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    i could see selling biggreencraig bumpah stickahs, his names out there now =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    @cazzy I've seen stranger things happen. Maybe BGE wasn't too keen on him using a play on their trademark and raving about direct competitor's products. I think that his dust up here the other day and the website being down is coincidental though. 
  • DoubleEgger

odie91 said:
    Someone needs to write a Wikipedia page for this guy. 
    @cazzy @lit ?
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Assuming that BGE did send a C&D letter, keep in mind that BGE may not necessarily have had an issue with BGC, but in order to maintain the validity of the BGE trademark with the trademark office, they have to protect it and, one could argue, letting BGC carry on could be used as an argument by others that BGE is not protecting their mark and thus causing the mark to lose its protection. Just a thought.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    cazzy said:

jonnymack said:
    Am I the only one who feels kind of bad for the guy? I mean he is passionate about cooking and does put out some good stuff. I dunno, seems like piling on. I certainly think raking someone for the self-promotion is worthy but the fat stuff? Who amongst us wouldn't like to be a few pounds lighter? 

If he did get a C&D letter from BGE that would be quite a punishment for the guy. 

There was a time when I loved nothing more than a good internet flame war. Age has indeed mellowed me out. 
    I've felt bad for him before, and in fact, I even decided I would try to be cordial.  Then, as Craig does so well, he acted like a dbag and I said fvck that noise!

The fat stuff should stop though, period.  Fat shaming does a lot of damage to young kids every day, and as adults, it still stings a lil.  You should never target someone's self confidence. 
    I think it's ok cause it's Craig. Plus he has posted 2 healthy cooks in the last week maybe he is trying to eat better.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    In my professional opinion (I have been in IT for quite a while, switched over from chemistry), he just installed a hyper-optic linear mirror interface with NSA for optimal root control.  This little modification allows NSA operatives to monitor BBQ operations, and installs a daemon in all forum or, rather BGC visitor, PCs with a root kit that does key-logging and log mirroring.  This upload is clever, it happens on a 404 error.  Please let me know if you see this, also shut your computer down immediately and use another.   This is a third degree polynomial invasive fistula algorithm.  Pretty normal stuff.  Nothing to worry about( if you haven't seen that error), folks.
    @nolaegghead you have been watching too much Mr. Robot.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited July 2015
    cazzy said:
    The fat stuff should stop though, period.  Fat shaming does a lot of damage to young kids every day, and as adults, it still stings a lil.  You should never target someone's self confidence. 
    Good point....... Can't remove it, sorry for the fat joke @BigGreenCraig . Was uncalled for. 

XLBGE 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    cazzy said:
    Good point....... Can't remove it, sorry for the fat jokes @BigGreenCraig
    His user has _'s:  @Big_Green_Craig

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited July 2015
    WTF I can't get a youtube video to embed.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    jonnymack said:
    Am I the only one who feels kind of bad for the guy? I mean he is passionate about cooking and does put out some good stuff. I dunno, seems like piling on. I certainly think raking someone for the self-promotion is worthy but the fat stuff? Who amongst us wouldn't like to be a few pounds lighter? 

If he did get a C&D letter from BGE that would be quite a punishment for the guy. 

There was a time when I loved nothing more than a good internet flame war. Age has indeed mellowed me out. 
    I did feel bad for the guy up to a point.  He's obviously very passionate about the lifestyle and his cooks look good.  However, when he is building a public and online reputation that is directly dependent upon using a company's logo and play on name, you must be very careful in how you present yourself.  I, and probably Big Green Egg corporate had no problem with all this as long as he carried himself properly.  
    Coming on to THEIR website that is used to promote THEIR business and calling out people and having discussions in the manner in which he did was the last straw.  That probably did not sit well and wasn't worth any risk with BGE corporate.  They do monitor this site and anything that could tarnish or misrepresent their image/business has to be dealt with.
    While Craig is a talented cook, he let his emotions get the best of him and he was very unprofessional while carrying a moniker that almost tied him to BGE corporate.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    @jonnymack hit the nail on the head. Belittling someone personally only makes the be-littler look bad, and speaks volumes about their character. There has been way too much of that going on here lately. If you don't like BGC, his cooks, his web site, or his tactics then don't go to his web page and don't look at his posts etc etc. These things have a way of working themselves out. One thing is certain in my view...eggheadforum has become way less fun lately.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    I highly doubt BGE gives a crap about Craig' handle.  I'm not even convinced they read this forum lol. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    BYS1981 said:
    I highly doubt BGE gives a crap about Craig' handle.  I'm not even convinced they read this forum lol. 
    In fact, one of the mods told me directly that they read ALL of the threads.  Just like Sarah Palin reads ALL of the newspapers.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    The site is back up now anyways.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    edited July 2015

In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    ksmyrl said:
    @jonnymack hit the nail on the head. Belittling someone personally only makes the be-littler look bad, and speaks volumes about their character. There has been way too much of that going on here lately. If you don't like BGC, his cooks, his web site, or his tactics then don't go to his web page and don't look at his posts etc etc. These things have a way of working themselves out. One thing is certain in my view...eggheadforum has become way less fun lately.
    Well said
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE