Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thought it had to be @cazzy

GQuiz
GQuiz Posts: 701
talk about opportunistic.  Www.bbqfastpass.com.  Saw the description, thought it was @Cazzy, but it's a middle schooler named Desmond.  Smart kid

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life

Comments

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    I have to say that is a sharp kid.  When the Iphone 4 came out my brother and I camped out and sold our spot in line for $150 a piece.  It was pretty easy money for a night of drinking and cooking burgers. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    If that was my kid I'd be proud. Great way to see an opportunity.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Seen many people do this for Black Friday and for Apple launches.  Good for him. Great entrepreneur.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    My name is Desmond and I'm a middle school student - and a black belt in kung fu - saving to buy a car. 

LOL...how is this relevant?   You need martial arts training to stand in line??

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Need the skillz to protect the brisket fool..... Man this kid is a genius. 

XLBGE 
  • HofstraJet
    And to ensure payment, unless he collects up front.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Genius!  I just hope he has a business license and is paying taxes though.  Fame brings scrutiny.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Say what you want of the younger generation but these are the kids that will save us.   Great idea!    
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,127
    Future 1%er right there. 
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    I love it !!!  I wish I was that smart !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• MrCookingNurse
    I emailed him for a quote. I doubt I'd do it just because but it was fairly reasonable if time is worth anything. 

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    Ryan,

Thank you for your email.  I would love to help you get Franklins BBQ. 

If your party is more than 2 people, I can only offer take out or delivery.

Please be aware that there is a high demand for my services right now so if you are serious, I suggest booking quickly.

Prices depend on what day and how much meat you are ordering.
    My standard prices are as follows (DOES NOT INCLUDE FOOD):

Silver BBQ Fast Pass
    Tues-Friday only, up to 5 pounds of meat to take out.
    Price: $50

Gold BBQ Fast Pass
    Sat-Sun, up to 8 pounds of meat to take out
    $100

Platinum BBQ Fast Pass
    This is for federal holiday weekends, SXSW, ACL, Longhorn Home Games and other high-demand weekends.  Up to 10 pounds of meat to take out.
    $150

Delivery may be possible (within 10 miles of Franklins) depending on the day for an extra charge.

Franklin is aware that I do this and I have his blessing as long as I stick to his rules.  Because of this, I can only do dine in for parties of 2 or less , for more than 2 I can only take out or delivery.  Please only reply if you are serious about booking.  Give me 3 possible dates and I will give you a more specific quote and put you on the calendar.  All delivery orders will have to provide payment in advance.

Also, 5% of what I make goes to Austin Dog Rescue!

Desmond

XLBGE 
  • DoubleEgger
    $150...Man that kid is hustlin' 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Pretty decent rates on a per hour  basis.  Judging by his booking rate he is more than fair.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DoubleEgger
    edited July 2015
    Pretty decent rates on a per hour  basis.  Judging by his booking rate he is more than fair.
    For a middle schooler? 

• HofstraJet
    Reminds me of the controversy over people selling reservations at popular restaurants without consent of the owners, an idea I thought of years ago when I lived in NYC but never pursued. There's a market for it but the argument made by the restaurants is that the reservation belongs to them and can't be sold by a third party. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

I believe that before long OpenTable will start charging (with the restaurant's approval) for reservations at prime times. Once those floodgates open, there will be no turning back (like gas prices and delivery surcharges).
  • DoubleEgger
    You could easily find someone to wait that line for a couple packs of smokes and a tall boy.....  ;)
  • HofstraJet
    For a middle schooler? 

Time value based on your time you would otherwise spend there waiting - not his time.
  • DoubleEgger
    For a middle schooler? 

Time value based on your time you would otherwise spend there waiting - not his time.
    Waiting in line is minimum wage work. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    For a middle schooler? 

Supply and demand...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • MrCookingNurse
    For a middle schooler? 

Totally disagree here. He's saving my time waiting in line. The price depicts what my time is worth. Yea he's a middle school kid, but what's it matter. If someone cuts my grass I don't care how old they are. If they do a good job it's all worth the same. 

XLBGE 
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    This kid is hustling. I love it. I hope he looks me up when he gets out of college. As @mrcookingnurse said, the appropriate calculation is how valueable his clients' time is, not his time.
    I was working harder for a lot less money when I was in middle school. He's smarter than I was. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • DoubleEgger
    I lived in downtown Atlanta for four years, I know how to get stuff taken care of on the cheap. 
  • DoubleEgger
    I don't hate the hustler at all. Good for him. A little Alex P. Keaton...

If I paid everyone based upon my what time was worth, I'd go broke.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    We of all people should know stuff is worth what someone will pay.  He is so booked he might consider bumping those prices.

Pretty cool Aaron Franklin knows and lets him do it.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    If he's booked two months out, his price is on the low side of just right.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    I love the hard sell in his letter.  "Demand is high so I suggest booking quickly." 

I love it I used to sell my spot in line for the port-a-potty at college tailgates except I usually took beer and shots for payment.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Legume said:
    If he's booked two months out, his price is on the low side of just right.
    Yup

XLBGE 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Nice to have a business which, in fact creates other opportunities for income.
    The power of BBQ.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky