Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Yeti's Rambler tumbler ("drinkware") is awesome

Options

Comments

• MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    I ended up only getting the 30. Have had it for a few days and love it. Going back tomorrow for a 20. Thanks for the post. By the way because of your post about the timestick a while ago I am the very proud owner of a timstick trio and a thermapen. Thanks again!
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    That last post was meant to thank @RRP but the  op was great too.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    I picked up the last Colster at my nearest Bass Pro.  I can't wait to try it.  I've never been so worried about losing a "beer koozie" before. :s
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Greeno55 said:
    I picked up the last Colster at my nearest Bass Pro.  I can't wait to try it.  I've never been so worried about losing a "beer koozie" before. :s
    @Greeno55, your local Bass Pro carries Yetis? I didn't think they were available in Canada? 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Greeno55
    Options
    bweekes said:
    Greeno55 said:
    @Greeno55, your local Bass Pro carries Yetis? I didn't think they were available in Canada? 
    Yup, was in Vaughan. They had a few options there. 
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • bweekes
    Options
    Greeno55 said:
    bweekes said:
    Greeno55 said:
    Yup, was in Vaughan. They had a few options there. 
    Did you see the ramblers (20 or 30) there too? 
    Ajax, ON Canada
  • Greeno55
    Options
    bweekes said:

Did you see the ramblers (20 or 30) there too? 
    Yup.  Not sure which size. Didn't look too close at them. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Whether you buy from the company, or BP, or Dicks the prices are uniform even though Amazon wants a few bucks more! The Colster and the 20 s/b 29.99 and the 30 s/b 39.99. Anything higher then you are getting ripped off! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • bweekes
    Options
    RRP said:
    Whether you buy from the company, or BP, or Dicks the prices are uniform even though Amazon wants a few bucks more! The Colster and the 20 s/b 29.99 and the 30 s/b 39.99. Anything higher then you are getting ripped off! 
    That's USD though - I'd be curious to see pricing in CAD. Will report back. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    edited June 2015
    Options
    MeTed said:
    That last post was meant to thank @RRP but the  op was great too.
    You're welcome!  I believe this was my first post where I actually contributed something.   You folks make eggin' look so effortless! 

What made me initially skeptical of the Rambler was the lid - 
    I didn't believe that it could retain cold as well as it does with a sippy hole in the lid's edge, instead of the more complex screw on lid types.  Yet, it does!    So refreshing to wake up to still icy cold water.

In hindsight I'm very glad it has that lid design.  I either drink directly from it or use a bendable straw.  

Whereas for the lid type that screws on and I press a  button, for some reason I prefer to unscrew it completely before drinking from it.  (maybe I'm skeptical I cleaned that complicated lid mechanism thoroughly enough...)

• Greeno55
    Options
    bweekes said:

The Colster was marked up an extra $10.  I woul assume the same for the Ramblers.  I was expecting maybe $5, and himmed and hawed when I was standing in front of it.
  • BearQ
    BearQ Posts: 174
    Options
    I recently paid $105 Cdn for 2 30oz ramblers. Bought at a Cabelas in the U.S. For U.S. $39 Each. The exchange rate is a killer these days.
    Barrie,Ont.,Canada.
  • bweekes
    Options
    I'm in our Vaughan office tomorrow, so definitely going to swing by Bass Pro and check out availability and pricing. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Thanks to this thread I bought one last week and the only time it's been without ice is when I'm drinking beer. ( the best was @henapple 's PBR, BTW). Now my wife wants one. Thanks again forum....$$$
  • RRP
    Options
    Thanks to this thread I bought one last week and the only time it's been without ice is when I'm drinking beer. ( the best was @henapple 's PBR, BTW). Now my wife wants one. Thanks again forum....$$$
    LOL- better be saving up your "egg and butter" money as it used to be said since once the YETI hook gets set in your mouth you "belong to them"! har har har
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @rrp my butter money went to that Kerry Irish butter you recommended.  =)
  • RRP
    Options
    @rrp my butter money went to that Kerry Irish butter you recommended.  =)
    LOL! Want a great snack with that? Ask me about my salted pecans roasted with THAT  rich butter! Planning to do 2 more pounds tomorrow for the freezer.
  • bweekes
    Options
    Greeno55 said:
    bweekes said:

The Colster was marked up an extra $10.  I woul assume the same for the Ramblers.  I was expecting maybe $5, and himmed and hawed when I was standing in front of it.
    Visited the Vaughan Bass Pro as promised. Here's the pricing. Not too bad if you ask me (especially considering the poor exchange rate). 

Ajax, ON Canada
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Would someone show pics of the lids and how you might drink out of them? I'm getting a bunch Of these, I think... :/
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I was in Chattanooga when I bought 2 30 oz for the wife and I.  I was pleasantly surprised when they were $35.    They are $40 everywhere else I have looked. 

http://www.rockcreek.com/yeti-coolers/rambler-tumbler/43820.rc

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Would someone show pics of the lids and how you might drink out of them? I'm getting a bunch Of these, I think... :/

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    I have the trifecta... 20 & 30 oz and the colster.  They are great... Love all 3.  
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Greeno55
    Options
    Now that I have the Colster, I can see adding to the collection soon.
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    I just jumped on this bandwagon as well. I picked up 2 of these 20oz (one for myself and the other for the wife) at BPS in Niagara for $35each. I must admit, I was skeptical at first. However, after using/experimenting for a week with both hot and cold liquids, I must say we are both quite impressed. Recommended for anyone who might be considering this purchase.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Y'all amaze me. Everyone seems to diss the coolers but loves the cups. Guess I'll be the village idiot. I love my cooler but gave my cup to my wife. (Side note she loves it) I'll stick to my tervis's. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • -Jas-
    -Jas- Posts: 22
    Options
    I bought the 30 for myself, the 20 for the wife and today my mother inlaw gave me 2 koozies for Father's Day. We love them all, my kids don't drink a canned drink without a koozies now they will do more than keep my hand from getting cold and warming my drink up.  
  • Firemedic183
    Firemedic183 Posts: 197
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting some of these as groomsmen gifts for the guys in my wedding. Good to hear the positive reviews. 
    I am getting married soon as well....This is an awesome idea!
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
  • Firemedic183
    Firemedic183 Posts: 197
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Y'all amaze me. Everyone seems to diss the coolers but loves the cups. Guess I'll be the village idiot. I love my cooler but gave my cup to my wife. (Side note she loves it) I'll stick to my tervis's. 
    I love my Yeti coolers.  I have the 45qt, the 20qt roadie, and the 30qt soft sided cooler.  If had known that they were going to come out with the soft sided coolers, I would not have purchased the roadie.  The soft sided cooler is used at LEAST twice a week.  Absolutely love it.  I have the 30oz tumbler as well, but don't use it as much as I thought I would.  I have been using my hydroflask way more than the tumbler.
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    RRP said:
    OK OK OK - I'm going to join the cult! Actually it's for my wife who has taken a lidded mug of ice water to bed every night since childhood! We have a ****'s Sporting Goods store and research shows me they stock them.

@RRP, Academy Sport's stores also stocks them.  

Has anyone noticed their lid not fitting right anymore?  
    The gasket looks OK, but the lid is cattywampus. 
  • RRP
    Options
    Sweet100s said:

Replacement lids are available, but first have you laid both your lid and glass upside down on a perfectly flat surface to see which one is cattywampus? BTW did someone wash either piece in the dishwasher?