Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Is the Government attacking Texas with storms before the Jade Helm Invasion?!

Comments

• ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    If they are I will be devastated. 
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,319
    Some of those tin foil hats are a little too tight. 
    Living the good life smoking and joking
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Somebody better pray to Jesus. Come on prayer warriors! We need a prayer chain. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Somebody better pray to Jesus. Come on prayer warriors! We need a prayer chain. 
    This made me laugh so hard man.  
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,726
    I think these are the same people that are slicing brisket on the other thread. 
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    edited June 2015
    Let's see if this works

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/vKfdFNF
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Oh the stupid, how it burns.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Is Texas the new Florida? :o
    Is Texas the new Florida? :o

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    "1,200 elite U.S. warriors vs. 28,000,000 dumb Texans. Pifft! What are you worried about!?"
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    I have to drive past a huge billboard of Alex Jones everyday.  It says "You are the resistance"

I'm generally entertained by that kind of paranoia, but the mouth-breathing mob in that Bastrop courtroom kind of disgusted me.  Very supportive of the military when they're somewhere far away fighting for our freedom, but don't come into my backyard.  Very supportive of Chris Kyle, a SEAL from Texas, but don't come into my backyard.  If the government or military wanted to 'take' Texas, whatever that means, it would've already happened and none of those folks on TV would even know.
    Not a felon
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    +1 @Legume!  Well said.  And legal 30 round clips are loaded.  Sick and tired of the anti gun lobby using tragedies perpetrated by mentally ill as a means to their end. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    bgebrent said:
    +1 @Legume!  Well said.  And legal 30 round clips are loaded.  Sick and tired of the anti gun lobby using tragedies perpetrated by mentally ill as a means to their end. 

• nolaegghead
    I think the people that believe in this crap may be mentally ill.  Should we evaluate their mental health and take away their guns if they are indeed ill (almost be definition, or does stupid count?) so they don't start doing the mentally-ill-shooting-at-people thing?  Nope.  FREEDOM muthaflippahs!
    That's it. Time to...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,186
    I vote Aaron Franklin for President!

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,186

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• nolaegghead
    They sunk this thread.  Gawd.
    Let us not forget, these people are allowed to vote.
    I believe it was George Carlin that said "Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize, over half of the people are more stupid than that." George, they live in the Republic of Texas, it seems. Those Stetsons sold in Texas have aluminum linings stitched right in.
    This is as funny, as it is sad. The mess in Waco years ago, has never been forgiven or forgot, and many have championed that total debacle as the basis for government fear, Yet they did not fear a deranged, scripture quoting, narcissistic child molester, or the people that followed him.
    I was stationed at Fort Hood in Texas for training. Only place I had ever been on this planet where you would walk around in mud up to your knees, and still get dry dust and sand blown in your face. From that experience, I do not think Texans need to worry about anyone in the military wanting to take it over. 
    We have family in Houston, educated, and non conspiracy theorists. I am worried for their safety when I read posts like this.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,726
    Idiots aren't exclusive to Texas... 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    Idiots aren't exclusive to Texas... 
    Amen, Brother, Amen......
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    It's not the stupidity that hurts us, you have the horsepower you're born with.  It's the laziness of those that have adequate horsepower.  Lack of critical thinking skills or unwillingness to use them.  Mob mentality, people pissed at their boss, or wife, or just generally frustrated at life and looking for a place to vent that.  It's lazy but a cause makes them feel like they belong and they're doing something, adding value to society in some way.  I guess when the exercises are a non-event or invasion, the military will say "we told you that's all it was" and the super-Texans in Bastrop will claim they deterred the military from their takeover plans...then on to the next windmill.

They're protecting my freedom and liberty just as much as the nut jobs that pushed the open carry laws through, and for that I thank them. Lol.

Not a felon
  • Negative. Concern about the ever increasing intrusion into our daily lives by the federal government should be by now without question. Edward Snowden provided proof positive of this problem. A strawman argument about weather control being used to disparage a resistance in TX to absolute power would only be taken seriously by the weak minded. Our beloved community organizer may present himself as the highest authority on all things, but in reality his actions and goals are all meant to push his extreme left agenda and weaken/agitate/demonize the right. And places such as DC, NOLA, NYC, Berkley are not likely the cradle of many of America's elite warfighters. Consider that point for a minute when doing your final accounting.
    Gittin' there...
  • nolaegghead
    I agree with "Concern about the ever increasing intrusion into our daily lives by the federal government should be by now without question. Edward Snowden provided proof positive of this problem."

But the rest of the stuff - wha?!