Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

(OT) Not to be insensative..but

Options

Comments

• HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    One of the great things about this forum is it gives people who come from very diverse backgrounds a vehicle to focus on something that unites us all (BBQ), not divides us (you name it, and it often starts in a thread prefaced by "OT").  

As someone who generally lurks in the OT threads and tries to restrict his comments to good-natured wise-azzery  I kinda want to say it's really difficult to put one's self in someone else's shoes (heels?), and the best any of us can do is live and let live.  I've got no idea of the burdens anyone else is carrying and when I'm not prepared to shoulder a part of someone else's load, I try my best not to increase it.  Not so simple golden rule stuff, but maybe worth a PSA here.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I get tired of the gays cramming it down my throat...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Cool.  You're transitioning into a woman, great for you and be happy dude.  Do I care to see it on TV? No, but I can change the channel.  I do believe that some people have a lil voice in their head telling them who they are.  Be you and do you....life is too short not to.

What I don't get about all of this is why in fvcks fvck do people think he deserves an Arthur Ashe Courage Award.  Sure, it was hard but to get an award when there are more deserving people out there is fvcking laughable.  If this was immediately after he retired from competition, that would have been courage.  He would have been a hero to a crap ton of people who didn't know what was going on inside their head, and didn't have the internet or support groups to help them.  3 wives and 6 children later, he announces his change in a TV special. Now, you look like an a$$hole or can even lose your job if you publically disagree.  In 2015, this is still hard, but not deserving of a courage award.  

OK...off my soapbox.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • henapple
    Options
    henapple said:
    Use more bacon lube. I hear that helps. 
    Mmmmm...bacon
  • henapple
    Options
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    henapple said:
    Use more bacon lube. I hear that helps. 
    Why would someone need to lube their bacon?  Isn't it plenty slippery as is?  
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited June 2015
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    . . .  No doubt our country is on a downward spiral. . . . Unfortunately we are in decline.

Yeah, that's true.  I remember Archie Bunker saying the same thing.  Country's been going downhill ever since! :s

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,766
    Options
    soon the whole country will hit rock bottom, but jenner got there first =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Damn shame what those Kardashians have done to him. 
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2015
    Options
    He did create some good strawberry candy.  She may be dumb as rocks....but I'm not looking at her brain.

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • henapple
    Options
  • jimithing
    jimithing Posts: 254
    Options
    I'm trying to avoid this story but it's everywhere.  It's been on every major news website and even ESPN since he was an athlete.  I don't really care what he does to himself but I don't really want to explain this to my 5 year old at this point in her life.  It's sad that our "news" isn't really news anymore.  It's a ratings grab at all costs.  So they pander to what the people want to consume. 

Pretty much all the news is presented with either a hard liberal or a hard conservative slant.  It's just garbage.  Blech.
    XL BGE
    Plano, TX
  • Sardonicus
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If only they made TVs with an "On/Off" button. . .
    "Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    if only they made TVs with an "On/Off" button. . .
    :rofl: that's funny right there. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    if only they made TVs with an "On/Off" button. . .
    I started to type a response disagreeing with you again.  Then I realized you were right.  

If a media organization decides air time should be used to validate a confused dude in a dress, and then shaming those who don't agree - well they have  lost me as a viewer.  Vote with my feet as they say.

I don't have it in for Bruce Jenner.  I just think this is one of many subjects that isn't worthy of mainstream attention while we have Americans going hungry, and terrorists plotting to kill us.
    Phoenix 
  • Sardonicus
    edited June 2015
    Options

I haven't noticed/encountered a mention of Jenner in any electronic media in the last 24 hours . . . except on this thread.

Maybe this tempest's teapot time is nearing expiration.

• Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options

I haven't noticed/encountered a mention of Jenner in any electronic media in the last 24 hours . . . except on this thread.

Maybe this tempest's teapot time is nearing expiration.

We can only hope......
    GWN
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    blasting said

I don't have it in for Bruce Jenner.  I just think this is one of many subjects that isn't worthy of mainstream attention while we have Americans going hungry, and terrorists plotting to kill us.
    I'm with you on people going hungry, but the terrorists part?  That's getting plenty of coverage.  Too much if you ask me.  

There is so much crap on teevee - complaining about Jenner's coverage seems silly.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • blasting
    Options
    blasting said

I'm with you on people going hungry, but the terrorists part?  That's getting plenty of coverage.  Too much if you ask me.  

There is so much crap on teevee - complaining about Jenner's coverage seems silly.

I understand there is a lot of terrorist coverage, maybe too much for some.  

Here's my point on that.  In his public remarks today, our president has again admitted he does not have a comprehensive plan to deal with Isis.  This, after they have bombed and beheaded Americans on American soil.  Until the government can tell us they have a plan - I want this to be all that's talked about.

I don't expect them to stop every attack - I do expect Obama to have a plan - especially before he takes the time to run basketball brackets or comment on the status of Bruce Jenners willy.

Phoenix 
  • Sardonicus
    edited June 2015
    Options

Yes!  And don't forget that Obama took vacations, too!

I even heard that he sometimes eats breakfast without wearing a tie

even though he hasn't signed a comprehensive immigration bill.

What a slacker!

• blasting
    Options
    No ISIS strategy - as of TODAY via Obama's own words?  I don't care if he is your guy or not - this should embarrass all of us as a nation - this isn't partisan.

I happen to believe that we should be willing to be critical of our own parties when needed.  If we can't be, then we are not intelligent voters - we are just fans.

Phoenix 
  • Sardonicus
    edited June 2015
    Options

What is "embarrassing" is speaking in uninformed generalities without appropriate foreknowledge and acknowledgement of specifics.

What Obama said today is that there isn't a complete plan for training Iraqi troops.  He went on to explain that the problem was with Iraq's forces being at a place [figuratively] that they could receive that training.

Now, maybe that's just excuse making on his part - he is, after all, a politician.  He should be trusted as such.  (Remember that he "won" Politifact's "Lie of the Year" just a couple years ago.)

Nonetheless, it helps to know what he actually said rather than react to what you think (sic) he said.

BTW, he isn't 'my guy' and I don't actually give a darn if you care if he is or not.

No offense, just saying.  If you're trying to discuss Obama, then discuss Obama.  Don't try and discuss me.  You're even less qualified to discuss/define me than you have shown yourself able to accurately discuss what Obama said today.

And no, I don't believe that Obama OR Graham OR Clinton OR McCain know [exactly] what to do about ISIS.

Probably you do.  You barbecue. =)

• blasting
    Options
    @Sardonicus   I apologize if I wrongly assumed he is your guy.  It sounded like the standard Dem preemptive talking points about vacations days etc, and I just assumed.  

My point was that anyone who can't admit the obvious mistakes of Obama is no better than those republicans who can't admit the mistakes of Bush.  I'm not talking about who was better - just the ability to view both sides with eyes wide open.   This is a general statement - not trying to apply it to you.

peace.
    Phoenix 
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options
    Nanook said:

you devil you!

Opelika, Alabama
  • Sardonicus
    edited June 2015
    Options
    blasting said:
    . . .
    My point was . . .

And my point was that you spoke inaccurately.  And with deliberate slant towards a point you were determined to make, no matter how incorrect.

blasting said:
    . . . not trying to apply it to you.

And yet it seemed that you were trying to do just that.

You say you weren't . . . so it's done.  Over.

blasting said:

peace.

And unto you, inshallah.

=);):D

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    If only they made TVs with an "On/Off" button. . .
    This reminds me of the pearl-clutching with the v-chip and "bad words" on the TV. Change the channel or turn it off. Duh.