Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Okay guys... what are you cooking for Mother's Day?

Options
2»

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    My wife's dream is that we go to a local fancy brunch that is $63/person. I blessed the plan. She spoke to good friends to invite them and they have 3 kids plus a daughter's boyfriend to feed and didn't want to spend that much for mediocre food so we are going to their house and cooking steaks on a non-egg kamado (plus a gas grill and a kettle for extra real estate).  I stumbled across some prime sirloins at Costco that I want to try but I had my son go to HEB to get Momma a prime tenderloin.  The hosts are providing all the fixings and that will include homemade mushroom risotto. The host husband is the guy who inspired me to take my grilling to another level - above a gas grill - that led me on my journey to the egg. It's a win for me, but I will still owe my wife a nice dinner out. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Moroccan chicken skewers, couscous, and a salad this afternoon.  :)
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    We are having a brunch styled day. So all that the egg will be doing is bacon and sausages. Will serve it with waffles, berries and fruit. 
    Happy Mothers Day to all the Mothers.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I have something cooking but it will not be ready today. With that said, I'm taking my wife to the Half Shell Oyster House to eat in a little while.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.