Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wifey help: 3rd egg

Options
2»

Comments

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Tell her that you took $1200 out of the bank to hit the strip club and buy beer. I'll bet she goes for the egg.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I went with the "entertaining her friends and family" line and it worked after a while. Mostly because we do...a lot. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    If my beer infused memory serves me, you had the same issue a year or two back. Use the same negotiations this time. 

Or tell her she witnessed the amount of cooking you did while you are in school. Just think what you can do now. More real estate needed. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Went to look at an XL today to get my hands on it and wrap my head around size. Wife actually really understood the size thing and she's on board but it's lower down the list. Dealer wanted 1300$ just for egg alone and 1700$ for some silly package that came with a few random things and a nest. She said I was getting a special discount if I bought the package. I think by the time I'm ready to by one, and the wife's list is shorter, I'll shoot for a demo fest egg. 

XLBGE 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Find a better deal pronto before she changes her mind. That sounds pricey (location dependent of course). 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,843
    Options
    :) You ARE a bad influence. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I only have the XL and it was my only grill at the other the the falling apart gasser and a WSM.  I relaced gasser with the XL, because I wanted the largest vessal at the time to be able to cook over 20 burgers and 7 or more steaks.  I now have mini knock off to do quick cooks doing the week.  It's OK, but the mini, small or mini max would be better, but the wife gave approval for $200 only.  Now I wish would have spent the extra $200 for the mini or a little for the small.  The XL is nice for cooking 2 pork butts and a brisket at the same time, but having 2 larges makes since to share toys or have 2 eggs going at different temps for different cooks.  Now do you want it to be in a nest with side table's you are talking about $1000 for the large and $1500 for the XL.  Eggs alone are about $700 to $1000.  Good luck.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • mtp
    mtp Posts: 26
    Options
    tell her all the cool kids have them
    LBGE, Plate setter, Pizza stone, Bisson flame thrower, Replaced by a Milwaukee heat gun,  Maverick ET-732, Bluetherm, and a bunch of beer

Cumming, Ga
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Hi54putty said:
    I went with the "entertaining her friends and family" line and it worked after a while. Mostly because we do...a lot. 
    This will be my excuse. I've been volunteered to cook at a tailgate for 8 of her male coworkers and their SO's. Thanks, honey!
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Show her SGH's unit....She will go with the XLBGE..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,766
    Options
    have the egg delivered while she is out, get passed out drunk, remember nothing as if you were blacked out and when you came too there was this egg sitting there.....get some other things too =) dont want to miss an opportunity during a good blackout. if you dont drink theres the.... i was looking at it on ebay on my phone and my fat fingers must have hit the buy it now button. i wouldnt make excuses though i would look at it is how mad, days, weeks, years, if its years you didnt get a good one, im ok with weeks =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Tell she right and your glad you didn't get the XL because you've found another one you like better and show her the Komodo Kamado.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    I really have to laugh at some of the "just tell her to lump it" advise.  Keep thinking that those folks might be a bit more comfortable over on the singles forums ... or they're already there and just want some more company.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,766
    Options
    I really have to laugh at some of the "just tell her to lump it" advise.  Keep thinking that those folks might be a bit more comfortable over on the singles forums ... or they're already there and just want some more company.
    problem with the singles forums is all the wives over there =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    problem with the singles forums is all the wives over there =)
    Better hope that's where they're at ... if they're on here as well, some folks will have to start sleeping with one eye open.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max