Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

They wanted to go to a restaurant...

Big_Green_Craig
Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
edited February 2015 in EggHead Forum

A lot of people like to be treated to a dinner at a restaurant for a birthday, special day or celebration. I look at is as an excuse to do something new or over the top. Yesterday was my birthday and this is what was for dinner. 

Reverse seared prime ribeye topped with a homemade béarnaise sauce, shrimp, fresh green beans and roasted potatoes.

I picked up a 35oz prime cowboy cut ribeye from my butcher, dry brined it overnight with kosher salt, then rubbed it with EVOO and seasoned. Final internal temp was 126.

The potatoes were diced, seasoned and drizzled with some EVOO and butter. Then tossed into a foil pack.

The green beans were sautéed in evoo & butter with shallots and garlic.

I’ve been looking forward to cook using all 4 Eggs. The Large roasted and seared the steak. The Medium roasted the potatoes. The XL sautéed the green beans. The Mini Max cooked the béarnaise sauce and grilled the shrimp.

My egging was getting hammered with sleep and snow during this entire cook and was a ton of work, but a lot of fun! 

6.jpg 657.8K
3.jpg 788.7K
5.jpg 940K
1.jpg 988.9K
2.jpg 1.1M
4.jpg 838.5K
7.jpg 793.1K
8.jpg 815.8K
9.jpg 846.7K

Comments