Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday night pizza

First up is buffalo chicken pizza with a garlic base and some franks wing sauce, buffalo chicken and some mozzarella image
Next up is pepperoni and bacon pizza with a store bought sauceimage
Egg was humming along for a good half hour with the stone nearing 500°. Table around 100°imageimage thanks for looking
LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

Comments

• Love buffalo pie. Did one last night. Nice cook.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited December 2014
    I'll trade ya !!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Is trade both of you @Mattman3969‌ ...cheese and effin crackers [-(
  • Hope you guys understood, that's what I ate, not what yours is worth. The more I thought the worse it sounded. @Mattman3969‌
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Damn that looks awesome. I could tear up some buffalo chicken pizza. Did you make those crusts?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,352
    Boom =D>
    Jacksonville FL
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    That pepperoni pie looks especially awesome!! If you want to try a homemade sauce, Kenji over at Serious Eats has a great NY style recipe here. Also, try hand cut stick pepperoni. I love the way it cups and gets crispy around the edges. And then there's all that oil that seeps out. For some reason, pre sliced doesn't do that.

Still, I'd be on my way over if i knew where. Then again, I have the feeling its gone now. :D

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Thanks @Carolina Q that sauce looks like its right up my alley. @blind99 dough is from a local. Have not had success with my own dough yet. @theyolksonyou‌ no offense taken. And no it didn't last long. Wish I snapped a pic of the bottom. It was a good night.

• I've used the dough recipe on the mothership site. Last night I screwed up and put the sugar in. Burned the $hit out of the bottoms.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    If you want to try another dough, here's Kenji's NY dough, made with a food processor. And one of my pies using it...image

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892

In my opinion the key to a great pizza is the dough. The first step is to decide on the type of dough you like. Some like it thick, some thin, some soft, some chewy.

The ingredients are fairly similar. Variations of the amounts of the ingredients will vary as well as to how its mixed.

I like a thin dough that is tough. When cooked the rim rises and keeps the cheese and toppings from falling over. The bottom is a dark brown but not burnt. When taking a bite you have to sink your teeth into it and pull the slice away.

The pizza dough should have it own flavor; both smell and taste. I may be in a minority here, but my favorite bite is the crust.

I worked on my dough recipe for years. Some turned out great and others good. I then decided to get a scale and weigh the ingredients. Put that into a spreadsheet along with mixing instructions. After a dozen or so minor changes, I was able to get the dough I wanted. The dough ball stretches easily and is tossable giving a nice round pizza.

Making a pizza and making the type of pizza you want may be different.  

• @Mikee‌ please post your dough recipe.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Looks tasty @grege345‌ :-bd I want one of those radar guns(thermo). That things cool.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Mikee
    @Mikee‌ please post your dough recipe.

Sorry!

Not even my daughter has the recipe. I worked on it for years. It's my recipe. Getting a great pizza dough recipe is not available on the internet and I'm not going to change that. There are good recipes out there. Chose one of those or spend the time to perfect one yourself.

If someone wanted my style of dough, there are ways to create it. Some Troll, theyolksonyou, asking for me to publish mine is not going to happen.

• Mikee said:
    @Mikee‌ please post your dough recipe.

Sorry!

Not even my daughter has the recipe. I worked on it for years. It's my recipe. Getting a great pizza dough recipe is not available on the internet and I'm not going to change that. There are good recipes out there. Chose one of those or spend the time to perfect one yourself.

If someone wanted my style of dough, there are ways to create it. Some Troll, theyolksonyou, asking for me to publish mine is not going to happen.

says the guy who started one discussion..... In 2010 and it wasn't a cook. Yep, I'm a troll... =)) =))
  • All: please feel free to flag all my troll post. TIA
  • Mikee

You are a troll. Can't give a reasonable reply. You just hate it when you can't have it your way.

You did not want my pizza dough recipe. You thought I did not have one. Your an azzhole.

I don't have to start a thread. Been Egging long enough that I'm here to help others.

You on the other hand need more that Egging help.

• Upon one thing we agree, I'm an ****.

imageimage
  • Now I'm done hijacking this thread.
  • Mikee

At least we agree on one thing.

Yolk "Upon one thing we agree, I'm an ****. "

glad you got it off your chest. Just get your nose out of my azz.

• Try @NPHuskerFL recipe below, he posted it a while back and it worked great the last time I made it, I'm done with store bought frozen dough, and he was quick to share and help out a fellow egger'.
    NPHuskerFL said:
    4 1/2 C flour, 1/4 C EVOO, 1 whole egg, 1 1/4 tsp yeast, 1tsp salt, 1 3/4C warm water to activate the yeast. Mix until dough consistency. I use a kitchenaid mixer with dough hook. You'll have to add more flour to get to smooth texture. Then more flour later to work with the dough. I cut the dough balls to 275g-300g and lightly coat with EVOO cover with wrap and let prove. Hope ya like it. This dough is a combination of recipes and the egg is from a Bruno DiFabio recipe.
  • grege345
    Did I mention my pizza. Was delicious :/

• grege345
    @stemc33 infrared temp gun is from harbor freight. 18$ I think I paid. Yes it's accurate to +\-2°

• stemc33
    If that's the case, you won't be needing the dough recipe from @mikee. Just kidding.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • stemc33
    grege345 said:

@stemc33 infrared temp gun is from harbor freight. 18$ I think I paid. Yes it's accurate to +\-2°

I think I want one. Thanks for the info.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Ok nice looking pie and i use a bread machien reciep for my pizza dough thx if anyone wants to know
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Hey @grege345‌ that pizza looks great man! Makes me want to try pizza again :D
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.