Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are your go to appetizers?

Options
2»

Comments

• bayouegger
    bayouegger Posts: 287
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Sausage Cheese tartlets.   Super easy and really good.  Saute Jimmy Dean sausage with some green onions, then drain and cool.  Add in shredded cheddar cheese and Ranch dressing,  Fill the shells and bake.  

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    ABT's, stuffed mushrooms, bacon wrapped tots, wings, pigs in a blanket, egg rolls.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    tazcrash said:
    moink balls, or one I got from Cen-Tex, 
    Thin sliced french bread, then use boars head mozzarella & prosciutto wrap, and a drizzle of Balsamic glaze.  
    Any chance you have a photo? Sounds great...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Bacon wrapped onion rings. 
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    tazcrash said:
    Thin sliced french bread, then use boars head mozzarella & prosciutto wrap, and a drizzle of Balsamic glaze.  
    Can do better than that. The original post: 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    tazcrash said:
    Photo Egg said:
    tazcrash said:
    Can do better than that. The original post: 

Thank you very much…
    App menu changing daily.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Moink Balls. Easy to prep and have never disappointed the crowd.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Searat
    Searat Posts: 80
    Options
    Was up in Paso for Harvest Festival and had dates filled with peanut butter and wrapped in bacon from a wood fired pizza oven. Wife confessed she went back for more. Thanks for making me remember this one. Have a great BGE Thanksgiving
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    uwing said:
    Sausage balls, Turtle Eggs, Moink Balls, and wings. And more wings. And bacon wrapped tater tots. And more wings. Did I mention wings?
    You forgot bacon wrapped wings. B-)

Are you joking about the bacon wrapped wings? If not please send your recipe. If you are I have to try them.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Mickey said:
    uwing said:
    Sausage balls, Turtle Eggs, Moink Balls, and wings. And more wings. And bacon wrapped tater tots. And more wings. Did I mention wings?

Are you joking about the bacon wrapped wings? If not please send your recipe. If you are I have to try them.
    may have found a new use for meat glue! 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Capt7383
    Options
    Scottish eggs
    Take a harboiled egg surround it with hot italian sausage, coat it in panko crumbs bake at 350 till sausage is done. Quarter them and serve
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Mickey said:
    uwing said:

theres an advertisement on tv with bacon covered ribs
    :D maybe make a sticky sauce and roll it in bacon crumbs
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    @Capt7383‌ whoa...man that's right up my alley. But why Scottish? Sounds more Italian to me.
    I'm gonna make some of those eggs. I probably won't bother cutting them though. Eat'em whole;)
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• tarheelforever
    Options
    Off the site for the day and return to all these great suggestions. Thanks!
  • StillSmoken
    Options
    @Dawnl‌ do you have a recipe for this baked Brie and Bacon Jam you speak of???
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • travisstrick
    Options
    GrannyX4 said:
    For Thanksgiving we go to our DIL's family hunting camp in Sopchoppy FL. 30 to 40 people riding 4 wheeler, target shooting, fishing in the ponds, and a little football. Last year I took a pot of boiled peanuts and they were a hit a requested again this year. I would prefer meatballs and crab dip. ;;)

Granny, my people hark from Lanark.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    @Travisstrick I'm not familiar with the area. All I know is we have a great time with a bunch of fine people. Happy turkey day! ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • travisstrick
    Options
    GrannyX4 said:
    @Travisstrick I'm not familiar with the area. All I know is we have a great time with a bunch of fine people. Happy turkey day! ;;)

It's 20 min south on the coast.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    I do an artichoke dip that people at my work have dubbed "devil dip"...not because it's hot, but because it's addictive and sinfully high in calories. I'm not allowed to not bring it to our potlucks. I can bring other things, sure....bit I MUST bring the dip. Never tried it on the egg...I think the flavor would be even better now that I think about it. :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited November 2014
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:
    I do an artichoke dip that people at my work have dubbed "devil dip"...not because it's hot, but because it's addictive and sinfully high in calories. I'm not allowed to not bring it to our potlucks. I can bring other things, sure....bit I MUST bring the dip. Never tried it on the egg...I think the flavor would be even better now that I think about it. :)
    Care to share the recipe, please?  You knew someone would ask!
    Flint, Michigan
  • allsid
    allsid Posts: 492
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:
    So... Artichoke dip can be amazing on the Egg!  Artichokes make a neat looking serving vessel as well and can be made ahead and re-heated on site if need be.  See Pic 1

I also recommend stuffing whatever your favorite treats are with puff pastry.  As long as you paint with egg wash, nail the temperature, and fill with something delicious, you almost cannot miss!  Pic 2 is fresh pineapple, brie, and prosciutto wrapped in puff and done on a grill plank.  The beverage to its side is a hot toddy that and it was delicious!

Good luck with whatever you make- but make it easy!

Proud resident of Missoula, MT
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingMontana
    http://grillingmontana.com
    https://instagram.com/grillingmontana

Check out my book on Kamado cooking called Exclusively Kamado:
    http://bit.ly/kamadobook

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    edited November 2014
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:

Hot Artichoke Dip

2 8oz packages cream cheese, room temp
    2 cups mayo
    1 tub grated Parmesan (8 oz?)
    1 tub shredded Parmesan (8oz?)
    2 cans artichokes (NOT marinaded), diced (PLEASE remove all the woody bits next to the heart)
    fresh or roasted garlic, crushed or minced, to taste
    cayenne pepper, to taste (I use it to cut some of the richness, not enough to give heat or even know it's there,)

Combine all except Parmesan and artichokes. Add in Parmesan. Add in artichokes. Place in appropriately sized cooking vessel (I use a fairly large round stoneware). Cover with foil. Heat at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Heat for another fifteen minutes until top is brown and bubbly. Serve with ritz crackers, corn chips, or veggie dippers (my fav.)

I normally like to do something WAY more "foodie" than this recipe...but this is the recipe that is consistently requested/demanded. I even had someone buy a new stoneware for me when mine broke, just so I could continue bringing it to work. I've never done it on the egg, but I can see the charcoal both adding a layer of flavor and helping to cut some of the richness.

Hope you enjoy. :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Capt7383 said:
    Scottish eggs Take a harboiled egg surround it with hot italian sausage, coat it in panko crumbs bake at 350 till sausage is done. Quarter them and serve
    Thanks for reminding me of those. I use breakfast sausage, leave off the panko and cook them on the Egg. Try 'em that way.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings