Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled pork tenderloin (try) Dukes - RRP

Options
Never tried this before. On Mini Max with Woo and platesetter. Thanks RRP for Mayo idea. image
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Options
    Looks like a good start
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    I have never tried making pulled pork from tenderloin nor tried RRP's mayo deal before.

• Smokinpig
    Options
    What temp are you shooting for? I would imagine at pulling temps for a pork butt it will be close to jerky.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Here I am fighting to get family to eat pork loin medium rare, and you want to pull it? 

interesting. waiting to see the results

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I wouldn't have thought there was enough fat or connective tissue in a tenderloin. Would just dry out on ya. Maybe the mayo adds enough fat? :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mickey
    Options
    Smokinpig said:
    What temp are you shooting for? I would imagine at pulling temps for a pork butt it will be close to jerky.

May end up in the trash but shooting for 200

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Mickey, with Dukes, go yellow or go home!
  • Mickey
    Options
    Going for 200/203 to pull. image

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Standing by for the finale. Thus far, do you enjoy the MM as much as the mini? Just curious my friend as it was your liking of the mini that swayed me to buy one.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited November 2014
    Options
    What does that say on your Thermapen?
    is that a temp cheat-sheet?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Mickey
    Options

L-)

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @Mickey, the blue?  What the heck.  Just teasing you buddy.  Sometimes I get the blue label too.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Mickey
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @Mickey, the blue?  What the heck.  Just teasing you buddy.  Sometimes I get the blue label too.  

Married 45 years to an RN who thinks I am a tad heavy.

• Mickey
    Options
    Outstanding Good Cook. 350 indirect to 200. Took 2.5 hours. Will do these a lot. imageimageimage

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    New ideas to try.  Love it...
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Mickey said:

L-)
    Not at all.  I have CRS and therefore have to dig in the junk drawer to find the one I printed out years ago.  That's a great idea!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Outstanding Good Cook. 350 indirect to 200. Took 2.5 hours. Will do these a lot.
    Glad you liked it. Are they any better than 400° raised direct for 5 minutes per side? A 20 minute cook for some VERY tender and tasty porkT. I forget the finish temp - maybe 135ish? The only way I've ever done 'em.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I to take them off at 135*. 177 is like a burnt boot to me. 

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Mickey
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Outstanding Good Cook. 350 indirect to 200. Took 2.5 hours. Will do these a lot.
    Glad you liked it. Are they any better than 400° raised direct for 5 minutes per side? A 20 minute cook for some VERY tender and tasty porkT. I forget the finish temp - maybe 135ish? The only way I've ever done 'em.

Did this a day or so ago. It is also very good. image

• Mickey
    Options
    @Carolina Q you have to try this and don't forget the Dukes mayo.

• SGH
    Options
    Looks like a winner to me brother Mick. Question, what's the difference in Duke mayonnaise and any other mayonnaise? Never have tried the Dukes.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mickey
    Options
    SGH said:
    Looks like a winner to me brother Mick. Question, what's the difference in Duke mayonnaise and any other mayonnaise? Never have tried the Dukes.

Was told of it a couple of years ago on the forum. Tried it and never looked back. To me it just has a much fresher taste.

• Mickey
    Options
    @RRP was sure correct in mayo over mustard. Now to try burgers with the Dukes crust.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Now I have something new to cook. Thanks Mickey.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Mickey
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Now I have something new to cook. Thanks Mickey.

For just Linda and I had a little left over. But next cook will do at least 2. Just no idea I'd I would have to toss it or not.

• Carolina Q
    Options
    I'm running low on Dukes and I can't buy it here. I can get more next time I visit Mom, but Hellman's is fine too. Never compared them side by side. Think I'll get a small jar of Hellman's when I go to the store and have a taste test.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options

Looks great, @Mickey. I would have thought that a tenderloin at 200 would be way too dry. The mayo must add the right amount of fat content.

By the way, I agree on Dukes. Don't know why, but it just tastes better to me. Never tried the blue label - can't get past the yellow/black one :).

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• SGH
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm running low on Dukes and I can't buy it here. I can get more next time I visit Mom, but Hellman's is fine too. Never compared them side by side. Think I'll get a small jar of Hellman's when I go to the store and have a taste test.

That I know of, we don't have Dukes either. Hellmanns, Kraft, and Blueplate are the name brands in our area. Of course we have all the store brands but they are usually lacking. Going to try and order some Dukes.

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Options
    SGH said:

That I know of, we don't have Dukes either. Hellmanns, Kraft, and Blueplate are the name brands in our area. Of course we have all the store brands but they are usually lacking. Going to try and order some Dukes.

I am sure any will work.