Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Atlanta Brisket

Anyone ever heard of such a thing? I was watching ATK last night and they did one. Basically, a brisket flat braised in a Coke sauce for 4 hours. Since I don't much like standard brisket (or Coke for that matter), I'm not optimistic. Thought I'd survey the group though. Whatchathink?

http://sundayrecipesfortwo.blogspot.com/2013/11/recipe-atlanta-brisket.html?m=1

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 8,318
    edited October 2014
    Pass :-j that's just me, to me Texas=Brisket and it's not braised....but everybody has different tastes , for me Food=Regions and its sacred, Philly Cheese here in Ca is not Philly Cheese... But it may me awesome
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker FS120 coming soon FatStack 500- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 16,024
    I've started to do one...but never pulled the trigger.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SmokinpigSmokinpig Posts: 739
    Sounds like an oxymoron to me. I guess the Atlanta comes from the Coke in the recipe.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 14,822
    Well, since I've never met a "real" brisket I actually liked, maybe I could like a fake one? I know it'll never be as good as a butt or a chicken breast or even Brussels sprouts, but.... :D

As far as I know, Atlanta (or Georgia, for that matter) has no signature food. Well, except peaches. And Brunswick stew, but even that was stolen from Virginia. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• LegumeLegume Posts: 11,824
    If you want to braise in soda, keep it TX and use DP
    I do not have any broken or spare parts for any size egg.
  • EggerinLAEggerinLA Posts: 186
    As far as I know, Atlanta (or Georgia, for that matter) has no signature food. Well, except peaches. And Brunswick stew, but even that was stolen from Virginia. :)

Wow. Ignorance must be bliss.
  • THE staple Atlanta food: greasy chili dog and onion rings at The Varsity downtown!

Everything else is imported!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 18,077
    THE staple Atlanta food: greasy chili dog and onion rings at The Varsity downtown! Everything else is imported!

When you get down around the ATL, most of the people are imports.

Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 
  • DMWDMW Posts: 13,827
    EggerinLA said:

Wow. Ignorance must be bliss.
    So @EggerinLA, since you obviously have identified a signature food for Atlanta, please do share?
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • EggerinLAEggerinLA Posts: 186
    More Georgia than Atlanta. Do your own damn research.
    I would give GA pecan pie maybe. We actually are out produced by a few states for peaches now. I heard this week we are number one in blueberries now.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• LitLit Posts: 9,053
    I have to say kamado food should be atlantas signature. Some how we have BGE, KJ, and Primo all right by each other.
    And grill dome

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• LitLit Posts: 9,053
    Oh yeah them too
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 11,824
    EggerinLA said:
    More Georgia than Atlanta. Do your own damn research.

I do not have any broken or spare parts for any size egg.
  • SmyrnaGASmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Actually, kamodo cookers are also an import from Asia. Just sayin...

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.