Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Married Folk- Where Was the Honeymoon?

Options

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

cazzy said:

cazzy said:

Why do you have to be so wealthy John?

FTFY.   
    You don't need to state the obvious John, I know wealth comes with being white.

I guess this does too! I found a picture from your college days.

You had really cool hair then too! =))

LOL - I'm sorry but that looks a lot more like your cheap Jamaican cruise.

Very cheap...it was free!! :D
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Costa Rica. Punta islita and tabaccon resort/spa. Absolutely loved it.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Options
    @henapple - Ya never know when she may come sneaking up behind me. lol
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    We didn't go on one. Took Friday off, got hitched Saturday, back to work on Monday.

We went to Curacao 3 years ago and that we decided to make that our honeymoon. Unfortunately, pregnancy did not agree with her so she vomited the entire time. I did get to jump off of a cliff, though. Perhaps we'll try again someday.

A cliff in Curaçao or are you referring to the marriage as jumping off a cliff?
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • chainsaw19
    Options
    Married at courthouse in Leesburg VA, and no honeymoon. But took her to Paris for 1st anniversary, and she said it was best vacation of her life :)
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    NOLA, 22 years ago, been back a couple times since and love it.  That's some of the best eats in the country.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    My wife and I went to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic for a week and stayed at the Hard Rock Punta Cana.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Sept '88.  France and Spain.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    We cuddled in a wet cardboard box on skidrow.  I splurged and bought some Sterno. It was so glorious and warm.....
    Options
    KennyLee said:

Jamaica at one of the Sandals resorts.  Nice place, but doubt I'd go back to Jamaica again for a number of reasons.  We went to a fantastic all-inclusive in the Riviera Maya in Mexico last summer for our 20th and loved it. 

Hmm.. Someone is still mad about getting sold oregano.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    stemc33 said:

We didn't go on one. Took Friday off, got hitched Saturday, back to work on Monday.

We went to Curacao 3 years ago and that we decided to make that our honeymoon. Unfortunately, pregnancy did not agree with her so she vomited the entire time. I did get to jump off of a cliff, though. Perhaps we'll try again someday.

A cliff in Curaçao or are you referring to the marriage as jumping off a cliff?

A literal cliff.
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Honolulu for us. Great place. Little too busy for me tho. Will try another island next time. Although, we had some great edamame and an awesome loco moco. It truly excited me.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Married at the courthouse. Since it was a nice day and the lady had some extra time, she took us out to a gazebo overlooking the Columbia River. Just a few witnesses and us. Then we drove about 60 miles to Multnomah Falls for the day.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    edited October 2014
    Options
    New Orleans for a couple days.  We both had new jobs and no vacation time when we got married.  
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Greece
    Athens, Mykonos and Santorini

Island hopped by plane and high speed ferry. Good times.
    Seattle, WA
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    First hotel on the right outside of Pittsburgh, August, 1977. Still together.
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

Just curious. How did you like Curaçao? I worked there in 1998 when Shell Oil assembled the Tension Leg Platform "URSA" there. At the time, it was the largest platform of any kind in the world. It's still in the top 5. I really enjoyed my time there. Would love to go back and see how it's changed.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Honeymoon breakfast....Vegas
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Sadly I didn't have a honey moon. Got married on a Saturday afternoon and was on a plane the next morning heading to Hopewell, Virginia. Started work Monday morning at Stone Container on the #1 Power Recovery Boiler. It's sad but it's so.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited October 2014
    Options

Same response as @henapple Which one?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options

Sandals, St. Lucia.

Did a long weekend in Napa/Sonoma last year for our 20th.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    1997 The Bitter End Yacht Club in the British Virgin Islands.  Awesome place, would love to go back.  For every five years we plan a special trip.  Five years was Carribean Cruise, Ten was Alaska, Fifteen was Hawaii. 

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• DoofusOfTheDay
    DoofusOfTheDay Posts: 401
    edited October 2014
    Options
    What's "Broom Hockey"? Is that like curling? Curling is on ice and uses brooms.
    Like Ice Hockey, but different equipment.  You take a regular old wisk broom, wooden handled.  Cut off the bristles at a bit of an angle, and tape that up with athletic tape.  The ball we used was like softball sized, inflatable thing.  You can play on ice, with sneakers, or in a gym.  We played in the gym, all the doors closed, full contact checking, and no pads or gloves allowed.  They stopped the full contact checking the year after I graduated when somebody broke their back.  I got off easy with one broken finger when some douche slashed me with his "stick".
    Gregg
    Large BGE Owner since December of 2013!
    Marietta, GA
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA. Been back to Charleston several times since.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Went to Gatlinburg on honeymoon. 20 yrs ago in April 2015. We've been all over the world since. 20th anniversary has been planned...15-day cruise to Hawaii...can't wait !

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    My better half and I went to Cancun, Mexico in 2006 the day after our wedding. We went to a bull fight and swam with dolphins. It was a lot of fun and we want to go back sometime again. We celebrated our 3rd Anniversary in Estes Park, Co.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    edited October 2014
    Options
    SGH said:
    Just curious. How did you like Curaçao? I worked there in 1998 when Shell Oil assembled the Tension Leg Platform "URSA" there. At the time, it was the largest platform of any kind in the world. It's still in the top 5. I really enjoyed my time there. Would love to go back and see how it's changed.
    It was a cruise stop this summer on our vacation, docking in Willemstad.  Willemstad is an interesting port town.  Very colorful at night. 

During the day we took about a 30 minute cab ride to a pretty nice beach for the day. Snorkeling was good, but not great compared to some other spots in the Caribbean.  The areas on the Island we saw were not as built-up as Aruba.  Being there for a day, we didn't get to see the whole island.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    dstearn said:

Maui

How was Maui?
    Huntsville, Al LBGE