Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Force is Okay

Once again, I reached out to a (different) forum member with a 911 question. Once again, a forum member not only pm'd me back, but gave me a phone number to call for follow-up questions. Saved my dinner tonight and made for happy kids and a happy mama.

My personal experience on this forum is that I have found many, many people willing to lend their advice and knowledge on all matter of topics. I have gained a lot of bbq knowledge in general and have been helped with case-specific questions numerous times. I appreciate it.

For those of you offended by or not interested in posts, may I suggest you don't click on them? For those of you that must click on posts you know you won't like, may I suggest getting a hobby in addition to BGE to make your life a happier place? This is a BBQ forum, not a church or a political rally. Relax, grab your favorite beverage and whatever it is you want to grill, and enjoy the peace that comes from watching the blue smoke... (My version of "can't we all just get along?")
XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
Sandy

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Sister I could not have said it any better myself. And im pretty darn good with words and very fast on the draw as well. Well said sister and I concur 100%.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• PNWFoodie said:
    For those of you offended by or not interested in posts, may I suggest you don't click on them? For those of you that must click on posts you know you won't like, may I suggest getting a hobby in addition to BGE to make your life a happier place? This is a BBQ forum, not a church or a political rally. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    @PNWFoodie‌, I agree with your post, I think. I also think I'm missing part of the story . Maybe I'll figure it out when I read some of the other recent threads. I just find your post a little odd, as it went from a heroic forum member saving a meal to a can't we all get along speech. What am I missing?
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    edited October 2014
    The force is a ok sister!!! image

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Couldn't agree more. The question is...is obama really a Muslim? ... =)) >:) :((
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    @henapple‌
    Let me save you the suspense brother Apple. He is.

Status- Standing by.

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    stemc33 said:
    @PNWFoodie‌, I agree with your post, I think. I also think I'm missing part of the story . Maybe I'll figure it out when I read some of the other recent threads. I just find your post a little odd, as it went from a heroic forum member saving a meal to a can't we all get along speech. What am I missing?

@stemc33‌ The title of this post was in reference to another http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1172180/disturbance-in-the-force#latest

Sandy
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    The real shame is forum members attacking and esculating for no reason. This is normally where the name calling starts for no reason.
    I posted a reply to a post made by RRP. I did not agree with his comments. No disrespect was intended and no name calling was involved between Ron and I. I respect Ron very much and we have talked and posted together for many years. We do not always agree. No big deal. We still talk and help each other.
    The only issue is others jump in and start name calling and blowing things out of nothing.
    All of a sudden Ron was "jumped" by "haters" with "no life" who need to "get a hobby" because they have "ODD". Talk about a vivid imagination.

Take for example this post...

It's great to hear that you were able to make contact and get needed help from another member.
    But instead of just posting about your positive experience you felt it necessary to drag open past negatives and keep it going. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • henapple
    No she didn't. ... :))
  • itsmce
    itsmce Posts: 410
    Well said @PNWFoodie‌. I, too, have received great help from frequent posters.
    Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    edited October 2014
    @Photo Egg‌ I was referencing a particular thread, which the last time I read had some witty banter between posters. Not sure where the past negatives come in...

I have no idea what you are talking about with regard to RPP...probably a thread I didn't click on because I wasn't interested in the topic. If someone called you a name or hurt your feelings, please allow me to counter-balance it by saying I hope you have a nice day. :D
    Sandy
  • henapple
    I think most of it's in jest or ribbing. Sure, I hate @Mickey but other than that I'm good. :x
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    henapple said:
    I think most of it's in jest or ribbing. Sure, I hate @Mickey but other than that I'm good. :x

[-O<
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    This is @Mickey spanking me when I was a kid. I'm working through it with my therapist.

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    @henapple That is funny!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    henapple said:
    Couldn't agree more. The question is...is obama really a Muslim? ... =)) >:) :((
    Another mystery - is **** Cheney really Dark Helmet?  =))
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • henapple
    This is Linda spanking @Mickey. ..image
  • SGH said:

Sister I could not have said it any better myself. And im pretty darn good with words and very fast on the draw as well. Well said sister and I concur 100%.

Where was the friendly force when you were off your rocker last week? Great choice of words the whole night when you wanted to fight everyone Mr. Internet Tough guy!

I'll be in Mississippi next month for work. We should meet up for a beer. b-(