Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rest In Peace My Best Friend Flynn

Options
2»

Comments

• ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    So sorry for your loss, we will keep you and Flynn in our thoughts.

Raising a glass in tribute,

Chris
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    There has been a dog in my family for most of my life. It is never easy to say goodbye - especially at such a young age. Flynn was a beautiful pup! Same coloring as my Brit. Sad news.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Peace to ya bro.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • mshump
    mshump Posts: 212
    Options
    Sorry for your loss
    Danville, Il
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    When they say a dog is man's best friend, it's easy to understand why it's so difficult to lose a great dog. Losing your best friend is difficult. My condolences for losing your best buddy.
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    RIP Mr. Flynn. Condolences, so sorry for your loss. My big girl was laying at my feet wondering why I all of sudden started to give her hug and cuddle.....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Handcyclist
    Options
    No need to apologize for grieving the loss of a dog--pets are family.  Hope your daughter is doing alright.  Her first trip home will be rough as the reality will set in when Flynn doesn't come running to greet her.  You are understanding parents to travel to tell her in person--kudos to you!!
    Knox, PA, Medium, Mini Max, Mini, Large KJ, grandma, handcyclist, eagle watcher, always in search of good chocolate.  
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I'm truely sorry to hear of your buddy's passing. I'm pretty soft hearted when it comes to pets. It almost like a part of you dies with them. Again my sympathys my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    R.I.P. Flynn, I lost my lab almost 2 years ago and miss her every day. Between kids and other things haven't gotten another dog.  Maybel was the bridge from my single life to my happily married life and my son still brings her up at least once a week. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    {{hugs}} How fortunate he was to have lived his life with such a loving family. I am sorry for your loss.
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • tridogdude
    Options
    Very sad to hear about the loss of your companion Flynn. There are no words that seem to comfort one after loosing a close friend. Remembering the times one spends with our pets always seem to work and bring a smile to our face.

RIP Flynn.
  • calracefan
    Options
    Sorry for your loss ! He was not just a dog , he was a part of your family as he should have been ! That is all any dog wants a loving family , you gave him that !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    edited October 2014
    Options
    flynnbob For those of us who are "dog people" we get it. For those who aren't they'll never understand. I've always said the worst thing about having a dog is they don't live as long as we do. My condolences my friend.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • cactus_darrell
    Options
    I'm a dog people and I am very sad for you tonight.  Sorry for your loss. Dogs are such good companions, so loyal and always eager to be loved on.

BGE, Treager LilTex, Terinan 48 SOB, Custom electric smoker, Weber kettle, Weber gas grill, Masterbuilt SS smoker, last but not least UDS

I've never meet a cow I didn't like, with a little salt and pepper.

Amarillo, Texas

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    @flynnbob - so very sorry to hear about your loss.  There are a lot of people in this world I would rather see go before a good dog!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I'm sorry you lost your friend.
    Flint, Michigan
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Sorry for your loss! As others have said they truly become part of your family as you and yours become his family. Anyone who has had a dog understands this. Those who haven't never will. Keep your chin up! You are an outstanding parent in my humble opinion for delivering the news to your child in person!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • 30yearegger
    Options
    I know how you feel I lost my first cav 5 years ago and now we have a new cav. He is not the same but just as loving and loyal.
    Easley SC Go! Tigers
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Options
    So very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Flynn! Anyone who has lost a dog understands the pain and grief you are feeling. Our deepest condolences to you and your family.
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Sorry for your loss and I believe a lot of us have been there and they family and it is said, but you do have a lot of great memories.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    Sorry for your loss and thanks for the reminder.  Sometimes when things get hectic they are the first that suffer.  Thankfully they never hold it against me.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• EggObsessed
    Options
    My heart goes out to you.  I'm so very sorry.  I know that you will both be together in each other's hearts.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options

My wife daughter and I want to thank everyone for your comments.  It has truly made us feel much better.  Thank you all so much.

Milton, GA.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Sorry for you loss @flynnbob, I had to put one down a few years ago sad day.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I understand. I know it hurts. Flynn will always be in your heart.
    Hang in there buddy...
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Man, that sucks! However, glad you took the time to spend with one of your best friends and kept things in their proper priorities. The only bad day with a dog is the day they pass (at least of me).
    Hang in there my friend.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    It's a terrible loss to lose a pet. 

We really don't realize what a space they take up in our hearts until they are gone.

Sorry for your loss.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA