Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O.T. Cigars

Options

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,655
    Options
    @henapple swing by and pick me up. We'll kick there asses and then drink their beer, smoke their Cubans, and eat their food while they recover.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    He may can handle me cause I'm old and broken down. But I promise you that the black humongus is more than he wants. A lot more. Trust me on this one brother Apple. He can literally clean a bar out by himself. And not by farting.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• gator_egger
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    @henapple swing by and pick me up. We'll kick there asses and then drink their beer, smoke their Cubans, and eat their food while they recover.
    Count me in.  Nothing would make this man feel more tingly than knocking @SGH on his sorry ass
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Oh snap. .. :-@
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,655
    Options

shtgunal3 said:

Count me in.  Nothing would make this man feel more tingly than knocking @SGH on his sorry ass

Wow! Maybe I'll just sit back, drink beer, and watch the show.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    henapple said:

****, @cazzy will handle ya'll while I attend to unit 6.

I'm a lover, not a fighter. I'd rather cook on unit 6! :D
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    Options
    @gator_egger‌
    Why would hitting a 50 year old partially paralyzed man make you feel tingly?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jus
    Jus Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm a big Rocky Patel fan, particularly the Connecticut Vintage 99. Oliva also makes some good smokes.

Try the Oliva V when you're feeling adventurous. Just smoke it slow, it'll give you a buzz.
  • SGH
    Options
    ⚡️

Status- Standing by.

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I just wonder how many people @hapster‌ has corrupted with pictures of sticks and drink. Not just talking forum members either. There's probably twice as many people following the forum that just don't participate in all he hoopla. Now @hapster‌ has upped his game by posting slo-mo videos smoking cigars. It looks cool and all, but I'll just stick to trying to emulating his cooks and pics. @MeTed‌, enjoy your venture of becoming an expert cigar guy. Even though it's not for me, I'll probably still follow the threads. B-)
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    stemc33 said:
    I just wonder how many people @hapster‌ has corrupted with pictures of sticks and drink. Not just talking forum members either. There's probably twice as many people following the forum that just don't participate in all he hoopla. Now @hapster‌ has upped his game by posting slo-mo videos smoking cigars. It looks cool and all, but I'll just stick to trying to emulating his cooks and pics. @MeTed‌, enjoy your venture of becoming an expert cigar guy. Even though it's not for me, I'll probably still follow the threads. B-)
    Pleased to meet you... Hope you guess my name

>:)
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    I just wanted to post that I love everybody in this thread.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    Thanks brother Egger!
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • SGH
    Options
    @MaskedMarvel‌
    The love is returned in kind brother Marvel. Stop by and chew a Cuban with me. On the house sir.

Status- Standing by.

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    @SGH, You ought to try chewing some pipe tobacco.  Its moist and is sweeter to the smell and taste.  I enjoy both a good cigar or pipe to relax to.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • makis
    makis Posts: 81
    Options
    I have been a cigar smoker since 1995. Its a great hobby! my go to cigar is Oliva V ever since it was introduced to the market. Give them a shot.Also Kentucky Fire Cured from Drew Estates is a great cigar with a very unique Flavour.
  • MeTed
    Options
    Thanks @makis, that Oliva V seems interesting! 
    Belleville, Michigan

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    I am fairly newbie to cigars too, my faves are: Rocky Patel, Padron, and Macanudo..... Okay, also 5 Vegas  :)
  • Bwill
    Bwill Posts: 102
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Try some boutique brands.  There are  a lot of great companies making smaller quality run cigars.  I am a big fan of Viaje, Tatuaje and Alec Bradley.  You can't go wrong with Padron.  Their anniversary's are always great.  
    +1 on Xikar.  Quality stuff and they back all of their products.
    As you get more into cigars, pick up a table torch lighter.  You can get nice ones for <$90.  They do a great job of getting the cigar going and you will not have to keep re-filling the fluid every three days.
    Google search Cigar Aficionado top 25 cigars and you will get a list of great cigars.  Some are cuban but not all of them.  There are some affordable sticks on there and I have never been disappointed with the ones I have tried.  
  • Holepuncher
    Options
    hapster said:
    stemc33 said:
    Pleased to meet you... Hope you guess my name

I got that.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    A couple shots of my humi imageimage
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    @NCSmoky‌
    That is a bad ass humi... Any details? What are some of your favorite sticks?
  • apfroggy0408
    Options
    Anyone tried any of the Romacraft sticks that seem to be the craze these days? I can't get 'em locally and not sure if I should bite the bullet and order a sampler.
    A zen powerlifter with a medium BGE.

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    @SGH. You are hilarious, I really enjoy your posts, you have a great sense of humour. Keep it coming, my friend.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • NCSmoky
    Options
    hapster said:
    @NCSmoky‌ That is a bad ass humi... Any details? What are some of your favorite sticks?
    It is a Wineador, a wine cooler converted to a humidor. Guy online makes custom shelf kits + a couple pounds of heartfelt beads and you have a nice large capacity humidor that will also regulate temps. 

I smoke a lot of Drew Estate brands, Liga Privada, MUWAT, Herrera Esteli, KFC...... with the Herrera Esteli's being my favorite for NC cigars usually in a Petit Corona. For CC's I like small vitolas so my go to's are Cohiba Siglo II's and Montecristo #4's.
  • SGH
    Options
    @smokesniffer‌
    Thank you for the kind words brother sniffer. I will do my best my friend ;)

Status- Standing by.

• NCSmoky
    Options
    Got a new cigar ashtray to go with egging

• MeTed
    Options
    Very nice @ NCSmokey. Is that custom made or can I buy one?
    Belleville, Michigan

• NCSmoky
    Options
    It is a "Stinky" brand ashtray. Got it on ebay for $26. Color was Forest Green, closest I could get to egg color.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited November 2014
    Options

To those looking to add a humidor.

Please look into a wineador. It is a wine cooler that is thermoelecrically temp controlled (not a compressor) which you can repurpose for a cigar humidor.

I have made mine out of a 28 bottle wine cooler and is spot on. Ask if you need more info. Or check this thread where I got my info awhile back. You will get the ideas and take it from there. Works great with almost no intervention. I have cigars in there from the day my daughter was born looking perfect. She is 16 now.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=50189

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.