Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O.T. Cigars

Options
13»

Comments

• MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    Thanks @NCSsmokey I am going to get one if I can find it. 
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited November 2014
    Options
    See previous post.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Searat
    Searat Posts: 80
    Options
    Was up in Paso 2 weekends ago celebrating a belated birthday. One of the events the wife got me was Port tasting and hand rolled cigars at Robert Hall. A nice way to spend a hour or so tasting 2002, 2004, 2007, and 2009 versions of the same Port and hand rolled cigars from a local merchant.  The 2004 was my favorite but they had just cleaned out the library. (I'll just have to keep tasting being I've got some other bottles at the house.) Cigars were good enough to bring home the selection to my son from his birthday plus a new cigar lighter.

The only thing missing was my son, a couple of buddies that appreciate good cigars, and a fire. Maybe next time ...

Note, that there were as many ladies smoking as gentlemen. We're a civilized group.
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    Thanks @NCSsmokey & @Aviator, I found one and bought it! :-j
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I actually use an old one that doesn't work. Beads a Spanish cedar wood keeps them nice. Mine don't last 16 years.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

Sticks lived in an ammo can for a long time, but upkeep was impossible. But we made it until I got the wineador going.

I have cedar trays that I bought online, along with humidification systems as detailed in that post. Works for months with absolutely no intervention.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Don't use the word "intervention" on this forum.... =))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN