Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings

Options
The woman is out of town for the week so I figured I would treat myself to some bacon wrapped onion rings. I've read a couple of discussions about them and figured it was a good time to try. I made a couple of burgers too. The burgers were standard ground chuck with minced garlic, diced onions and some Raising the Steaks rub mixed in for some flavor. I topped the burgers with smoked gouda cheese and large portabella mushrooms.

I cooked the burgers and onion rings at the same time, indirect between 370-400. I wanted the burger to get a smokey flavor.

Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings:
1. One large yellow onion. Cut the end off and slice thick rings. I popped out the middles and left two layers on rings together.
2. Dip Onion in hot sauce of your choice. I used Frank's Red Hot (I thought I had some siracha )
3. Wrap thin sliced bacon around the onion rings
4. Brush maple syrup over the bacon rings
5. Applied some light rub on top

I washed it all down with a mixed 6 pack of Octoberfest beers.
Backyard BBQ Dude
1 L BGE - 1 Minimax - 1 Recteq

Northern VA

Comments