Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where's nolaegghead?

He used to post often. One of my favorite posters on this forum. Haven't seen him in a while.
Anybody know?
"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
New Orleans

Comments

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Oh lord here we go again.....
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Nola is/was Sgh. Where ya been?

Little Rock, AR

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Didn't someone post that he had morphed into SGH...
    (:|
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Raccoons got him and are holding him hostage.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Nola just got a Porsche. What would you do, hang out here or...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited July 2014
    DMW said:
    Nola just got a Porsche. What would you do, hang out here or...
    He's probably at one of these places:

rennlist.com/forums
    www.6speedonline.com/forums/
    www.planet-9.com
    www.pca.org/
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    I met nolaegghead live in person for the first time last month. He invited all the New Orleans eggers over to his place for a get together crawfish boil / bbq. He threw a nice lil party, my wife and i enjoyed the visit. He's a super nice guy and very talented. He's also got a collection of some very interesting and unique friends.
    New Orleans at it's best!

New Orleans

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited July 2014
    Best posts come during a 'cane. He is house bound then, a little ADD and very funny and dangerous if he has a supply of bourbon. Weather must be so good he is occupied elsewhere. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I ,for one, believe that the charges against him are mostly trumped up. From what I understand he has an excellent lawyer and will probably be re-joining us soon. We might need to take up a bit of a collection to assure his ability to post until the trial begins.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• DMW

I ,for one, believe that the charges against him are mostly trumped up. From what I understand he has an excellent lawyer and will probably be re-joining us soon. We might need to take up a bit of a collection to assure his ability to post until the trial begins.

Set up the fund, I'm in.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • TigerTony
    edited July 2014
    Best posts come during a 'cane. He is house bound then, a little ADD and very funny and dangerous if he has a supply of bourbon. Weather must be so good he is occupied elsewhere.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    @Skiddymarker Not hurricane season yet, but I assure you it's mighty hot and extremely humid. Not to mention the horrendous thunder and lightning storms that move through our area on a regular basis. He might be pre-occupied elsewhere but it's not because of the weather ;)
    I've noticed that he used to post and comment almost everyday.  Just wondering why he hasn't been around.

New Orleans

• DMW
    @TigerTony I'm guessing its because he has a really fun toy to go drive instead of post on here. I know if I just got a Porsche every free moment would be spent at the driver's wheel.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• TigerTony
    edited July 2014
    @DHW He better be careful with his new car. Porsche are very low to teh ground. Our streets flood when it rains and we got potholes the size of craters ;)
    I would have never guessed him for a Porsche type of guy, seemed more like a Karmann Ghia type to me. 
    New Orleans

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    TigerTony said:

@DHW He better be careful with his new car. Porsche are very low to teh ground. Our streets flood when it rains and we got potholes the size of craters ;)

I would have never guessed him for a Porsche type of guy, seemed more like a Karmann Ghia type to me. 
    Smart car or Mini =))
    Couldn't help myself @nolaegghead‌
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    DMW said:

@TigerTony I'm guessing its because he has a really fun toy to go drive instead of post on here. I know if I just got a Porsche every free moment would be spent at the driver's wheel.

Or wrapped around a tree for me. Nope I'll stick w/ my beast. ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    @DMW‌ I've had fast sports and muscle cars. I love my truck. But, if I ever get an opportunity for another Muscle Car I'd snag it. I'd get myself into trouble w/ a Porche.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    :-? The raccoons have organized & kidnapped @nolaegghead‌ :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @nolaegghead has taken forum leaves of absence before.  Now, if this is because he is incarcerated for excessive speed with is new ride then that's a new reason.  But you can only drive the wheels so hard for so long before you need to recharge.  Just an opinion...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

@DMW‌ I've had fast sports and muscle cars. I love my truck. But, if I ever get an opportunity for another Muscle Car I'd snag it. I'd get myself into trouble w/ a Porche.

Get the new Hellcat. 707 rwhp or something silly like that.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Or....he and SGH are hanging out. =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2014

Get the new Hellcat. 707 rwhp or something silly like that.

Wow! @Eggcelsior‌

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat performance: http://youtu.be/iYol7m3WjGQ
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • TigerTony
    Okay, so lets piece this together.
    He buys a Porsche
    The weather is nice........so he doesn't go inside his house and use his computer.
    Instead he drives around all day and night because his new car is fun to drive.
    He's driving and laughing with teh breeze blowing through his hair and a raccoon in the back seat
    He decides to see how fast the Porsche can geaux......
    Hits pothole and wrecks ?
    or
    Gets pulled over by cops, searched and is incarcerated, placed in cell with our former mayor.

So this is all we got so far.

New Orleans

• NPHuskerFL
    @TigerTony‌ or he's lurking LHAO watching this unfold. :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503

LOL... Seems like there's more than a few guys hanging outta the zipper around here
  • DMW
    Or maybe he's outta here
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    He will be back.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited July 2014

For goodness' sake, don't let Cazzy know NolaEggHead is missing.

There'll be Hell to pay!

:-t

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• NPHuskerFL
    hapster said:

LOL... Seems like there's more than a few guys hanging outta the zipper around here
    Pics or it didn't happen? :-O

=))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503

hapster said:

=))
    That should have been the "same zipper"... And my cameras don't take those type of picture.
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2014
    hapster said:

hapster said:

=))
    That should have been the "same zipper"... And my cameras don't take those type of picture.
    I've got a couple of old Polaroid shots from me to my wife while in Sicily shall I upload them. =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014