Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My 2nd and Last Table, maybe (with pics)

Its not that I am soon going to the great Mothership in the sky (at least I hope I am not), but its because I don't think my joints can take those many, many up & down movements that I went through making the table, especially especially installing those Kreg screws for the compartment underneath the egg.

I built the first table in 2006. I don't remember where I got the general idea, somewhere on the internet. I made the plans with a drafting program & made it to the dimensions of the BGE table cover back then, 57" x 26".  There is a photo of the table in 2006 & another one this spring.  The years took their toll even though I re-varnished it every year or so, which was really a pain that I did not like to do. I also did not use any special wood as you can see.

This time the table is going to be almost maintenance free, so I chose cedar & just used a sealer.  We downsized (sort of) a couple of years ago & we had a great place on our patio for the egg but the old table was 2" too long, so I made the table 53' x 26" which has almost enough room (you never have enough room). I also put my Stoker on a little table to the right of the BGE table. Note that the table fits nicely between the cedar post & the brick wall.

Lastly here is my "cooking spot". a Thermapen in one hand and a glass of wine in the other, as we overlook the beginning of the foothills of the Appalachian mountains, 20 miles south of Birmingham
imageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments