Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My 2nd and Last Table, maybe (with pics)

Options
Its not that I am soon going to the great Mothership in the sky (at least I hope I am not), but its because I don't think my joints can take those many, many up & down movements that I went through making the table, especially especially installing those Kreg screws for the compartment underneath the egg.

I built the first table in 2006. I don't remember where I got the general idea, somewhere on the internet. I made the plans with a drafting program & made it to the dimensions of the BGE table cover back then, 57" x 26".  There is a photo of the table in 2006 & another one this spring.  The years took their toll even though I re-varnished it every year or so, which was really a pain that I did not like to do. I also did not use any special wood as you can see.

This time the table is going to be almost maintenance free, so I chose cedar & just used a sealer.  We downsized (sort of) a couple of years ago & we had a great place on our patio for the egg but the old table was 2" too long, so I made the table 53' x 26" which has almost enough room (you never have enough room). I also put my Stoker on a little table to the right of the BGE table. Note that the table fits nicely between the cedar post & the brick wall.

Lastly here is my "cooking spot". a Thermapen in one hand and a glass of wine in the other, as we overlook the beginning of the foothills of the Appalachian mountains, 20 miles south of Birmingham
imageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Nice looking table and I love the view from your patio. Can't beat that.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • chupacabra
    chupacabra Posts: 77
    Options
    nice table and an even better view
    Marietta, Ga
    I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    1,000,000$ view! Amazing!
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    grege345 said:
    1,000,000$ view! Amazing!
    Priceless. Fixed it for you. Just looking at the pic makes my blood pressure drop.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Nice looking table and beautiful view!

But, please tell us that's not a can of lighter fluid or, if it is, that you don't use it with the egg.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Never! never! never! ......... That's for the fire pit.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    You sir are the winner of the best view award. =D>

Outstanding table too!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    The table is great, but I agree with the others concerning the view! Wow! Great, great, great view Tom! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options

But, please tell us that's not a can of lighter fluid or, if it is, that you don't use it with the egg.

I bet you are awesome at those games with the two side by side pics and you have to find the differences. Well done
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    grege345 said:

I bet you are awesome at those games with the two side by side pics and you have to find the differences. Well done
    Some forum members hunt for trolls while others see "things" in pictures.  :D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Nice table, good wood grain patterns. What hinges and sealer did you use? Also I noticed the pocket holes on right rear corner were different and am wondering why. I vacation to get views like that and you live it ! Congrats !
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    I am constantly amazed at some of the fantastic views people have when they Egg..Yours goes down as Awesome...I bet you enjoy looking out at that..Oh yes and the table also looks like a winner. Happy cooking..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Only change I would make. You need a hammock. Nice table too but man that's a nice view.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice table, stunning backdrop for your eggdom!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • alabamatom
    alabamatom Posts: 38
    Options
    I used frameless cabinet hinges. That way you have an excuse to go out & buy the expensive drill hinge bit that is necessary to install the hinges. I used Thompson's clear water seal.  (we will see how that holds up.)  There are many ways to describe the extra pocket holes, probably the best way is "screw up", but you can't see it on the completed table.

Alas no hammock. The main reason there is not much shade in our retirement yard (plus its Alabama), but then there are no leaves to rake.

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Awesome table and view!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    This must be "Table Mountain".  >:D<

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• alabamatom
    alabamatom Posts: 38
    Options
    I wish it was! But such a long, long way to get there again.

• Holepuncher
    Holepuncher Posts: 388
    Options
    What table?  Where do you live?
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Nice job on the table and a great view you have to cook from. Enjoy!!!
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    Nice view and god looking table as well
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • Cojak52
    Cojak52 Posts: 4
    Options
    Nice table! Just like what I'm wanting to build 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Isn't it alwas the case.....Two inches too long?.....seriously, nice work and looks like you are almost in heaven to me. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Great table, and such a beautiful view.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky