Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turbo BB Ribs, Ground Onion Sausage and Gumbo.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Fixing to start making supper. Nothing special tonight. Just some quick turbo ribs at 400 degrees indirect. A little sausage ground with onions and some shrimp gumbo. The gumbo won't be cooked on the egg. Everything else will be. Will post updated pics as the cook proceeds. Thanks to all for looking and I hope you enjoy my friends. Fixing to start prepping.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Special or not, it sounds delicious!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌
    Thank you brother.

Here is my go to indirect set up.
    Woo.
    Plate setter.
    3 feet.
    16x2 1/2 drip pan lined with foil.
    Factory grid.
    imageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I'm sure it will turn out great as usual.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Did you honestly just suggest ribs, sausage, and gumbo (both of which I'm hunching are homemade) are nothing special? =))
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • PNWFoodie
    Options
    Did you honestly just suggest ribs, sausage, and gumbo (both of which I'm hunching are homemade) are nothing special? =))
    Sandy
  • dagriller
    dagriller Posts: 74
    Options
    Can't wait to see the cook, love your stuff!
    LBGE Johns Creek, GA
  • SGH
    Options
    @saluki2007‌ Thank you my friend.
    @PNWFoodie‌ We eat it so regular in the south that it's just another meal. Please don't misunderstand I love gumbo but we eat like most folks eat hamburgers and hot dogs. A week doesn't go by that we don't have it. Nonetheless it's still awesome!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @dagriller‌
    Thank you my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Gumbo....yummmm
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • SGH
    Options
    @badinfluence‌ said:
    Gumbo....yummmm
    I agree 100 percent!!!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    The fire is lit. Just a matter of time now.
    imageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Ribs are skinned and seasoned. Yeah there is a little cayenne in there.
    ;)
    imageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    I'm sure it'll be great as usual my friend. I have a question as to why you use those 3 short ceramic things under the drip pan?
  • SGH
    Options
    To elevate it. The pan is aluminum so it will get very hot sitting on the plate setter. The feet work great for creating a large air gap between the two. Hope this helps my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• anzyegg
    Options
    Thanks, I knew you'd have a good reason. Enjoy!!!
  • PNWFoodie
    Options
    I assume there is going to be a gumbo recipe posted soon, yes? (Hint, hint! :D )
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    If it turns out good you can count on it. I tried something a little different so it's a shot in the dark my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    @SGH..You have created a lot of peeps on this forum in a very short time (myself included)..Really looking forward to the end result of this cook.. 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SGH
    Options
    @johnmitchell‌
    What is a (peep)?
    I'm going to take a chance and say thanks for the kind words my friend. But seriously what is a peep?

Status- Standing by.

• PNWFoodie
    Options
    Haven't you ever seen those little yellow marshmallow chicks at Easter? Frightening, really. ;)

(I'm thinking by "peeps" he means people who are interested in what you are doing. :) )
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    I absolutely love the little yellow marshmallow peeps!! Me and my grand daughter devour them!

Turbo Time!!! Here we go!

imageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Here is the white gumbo or "bisque" as they call it in NO. Smells pretty dog gone good!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Going to throw on two small flank steaks stuffed with spinach and feta (in case I ruin the ribs) just for good measure.
    imageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @johnmitchell‌
    Now that I know what peeps are I'm proud to have you as one of mine. I enjoy your posts and respect your cooking abilities tremendously.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Boy the weather just went to pot all of a sudden! Just my luck.

imageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Are You hungry tonight! :D  Everything look's great my friend!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• anzyegg
    Options
    Looks like you've got a great cook going on. The weather not so good my friend...
  • SGH
    Options
    @RAC‌
    Yeah I'm pretty hungry! My son and DIL is here as well.

Status- Standing by.

• PNWFoodie
    Options
    @SGH We call that "shorts weather" here in Wa :D Dare I ask how old your granddaughter is? I'm not sure what I'm looking at when I look at the gumbo...is it in a waterbath?
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    No that's just a reflection from sticking the camera to close to the pot.

Status- Standing by.