Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

600 Degree Rib Test Raised Direct

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
edited June 2014 in EggHead Forum
I have really had my hands full the last few days and have had a real hectic day as well. Pressed for time tonight I thought why not try some extreme turbo country style ribs. Here is how I did it.
Fired the egg up to 600 degrees.
Seasoned the ribs with a simple dusting of salt, white pepper and cayenne.
Throwed the ribs on raised direct and flipped every 45 seconds to avoid scorching for a total of 7 minutes flat. Pulled when the internal registered 190 degrees.
I hope the turbo king himself @Mickey approves and enjoys this.
Forgive me for the poor plating @DMW but it's late and I'm tired and starving!
Turned out not to bad at all. Hope y'all like my friends.

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Looks good
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    Options
    @henapple‌
    Thank you brother.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Now that's fast food!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SGH
    Options
    @hapster @caliking‌
    Thank you my friends.

Status- Standing by.

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    That's the way to take Turbo to a whole new level. Look good.
    Options
    @Tjcoley‌
    Thank you brother.

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    They look like good ribs. If they taste like good ribs, then they are a duck. No man just kidding. I'm all in on those if they taste good. You may have discovered something. What a way to do ribs at a Fest.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Wow, talk about hot n fast. Way to adapt to a timeline.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Meat is Meat and a man must eat...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Nuclear Ribs (I'm awake now)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bigdaddydivo
    Options
    Sweet!! I bet that would work even better if you through them in a simple marinade the night before..

LBGE, Weber One touch 26.75, an old gasser, firepit and more gadgets than ten people need

Livonia N.Y. (the vampire state)

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    7 MINUTE RIBS . . . can anyone improve on that? 

Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?

Ted: Yeah, sure, 8-Minute Abs. Yeah, the excercise video.

Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7... Minute... Abs.

Ted: Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you're going.

Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin' there, there's 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    They look awesome.  How did they turn out? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    Options
    @tarheelmatt‌
    They actually turned out very good. Not quite as good as cooking them indirect low and slow but very good nonetheless. If pressed for time I would definitely do it again. I have done them raised direct at 400 many times with outstanding results. The fat didn't render quite enough at the short cooking time . But again brother they were very good and I would do it again if pressed for time.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @NDG‌
    That's pretty funny my friend. Now you have me wanting to go for 6 minute ribs!!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @bigdaddydivo‌
    I did these spur of the moment. I usually do give them a little soak and cook them at 400 raised direct instead of 600. Just wanted to see how it would work. Again they were not bad at all my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    I'm glad you approve my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @DMW Thank you brother.
    @johnmitchell‌ I totally agree my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Not much beverage time there SGH....guess you can chug a beer or two in 7 min.
    Ribs look quite tastey:)
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • SGH
    Options
    @CANMAN1976‌
    Thank you brother.

Status- Standing by.

• tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    Wow!!  That's great!!  You get the Thinking Outside the Box award for today!!  And to think I was chastised for doing my Turbo ribs at 375 rather than 350...
    Santa Paula, CA
  • SGH
    Options
    @tksmoke‌
    I accept your award for thinking outside of the box with pride and joy my friend. But to be honest here it wasn't thinking that made me try it but hunger and impatience!! ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Nice work!  Big Green Microwave :D.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SGH
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt‌
    That's a good one too brother! Thanks for the kind words my friend.

Status- Standing by.