Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: The Missing Plane... Gov't Conspiracies?!!

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    @ACN SWMBO and I just watched the long Pixar Theory YouTube video a couple weeks ago. We also like spotting the Pizza Planet trucks and other Easter eggs in all the Pixar movies.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    See ACN's comment.

The issue with The Sopranos, Lost, Mad Men, Six Feet Under, Dexter and many other "tentpole" shows is that they go on too long.

I agree that The Wire was no Seinfeld, but dramas are rarely comedies and are not normally held to the same standards. The Simpsons should have stopped at Season 9.

Also, The Wire didn't suffer the same fate of Seinfeld, The Sopranos or Lost. Underwhelming/controversial Series Finales(I didn't think Seinfeld's was underwhelming, though many did)

I have never seen Breaking Bad, so I can't comment on that.

Lastly, we are greatly suffering from recency effect. I'm sure Cheers, MASH, Twilight Zone, etc have something to say about us younguns' and our loud music and saggy drawers.

The Wire is on a whole different level than anything I've ever seen. Maybe it's because I live near Baltimore and work there. I walk past set pieces from the show everyday.
  • Chris_Wang
    edited April 2014
    @Eggcelsior‌ You kids get off my lawn!

Yeah, MASH and I Love Lucy fans are irate at our The Wire and our The Sopranos shows.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @Eggcelsior
    I feel the same way about Treme (as you do the wire).  Familiarity I'm sure plays a part.  We know the real Davis and his buddy Henry with the red hair, I used to go to second lines with him back in the early 90s.  Plus we rode out Katrina in uptown at Touro hospital, and after we finally got out, we were some of the first back because we both have emergency passes.
    Dead 4eva
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    he get's a pass - zombi apocolypse is a special time.
    Has Walking Dead improved? It went downhill for me in the 2nd season. I stopped after 3 episodes.

Game of Thrones is where it's at. Sunday Funday!
  • Chris_Wang

The South Park Game of Thrones/Black Friday episodes were hilarious

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• nolaegghead
    Bridget is into Walking Dead.  I watch it, but not religiously enough to not care if I miss an episode here and there.  It got a little better.  Big cliff hanger at the end of this season.
    Has Walking Dead improved? It went downhill for me in the 2nd season. I stopped after 3 episodes.

It has it's ups and downs.  There were many episodes this season that focused on individual character development, so you could say they were a little boring.  I haven't watched the finale yet. 

You haven't seen Breaking Bad?? I wish I was you, and I could binge watch the entire thing as a virgin.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Eggcelsior

It has it's ups and downs.  There were many episodes this season that focused on individual character development, so you could say they were a little boring.  I haven't watched the finale yet. 

You haven't seen Breaking Bad?? I wish I was you, and I could binge watch the entire thing as a virgin.  
    I just never got around to starting it. Maybe at some point.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    Breaking Bad was better than The Wire in my opinion, and I loved The Wire. But to each his own.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567

Breaking Bad was just under the Sopranos.

Does me mentioning Beavis and Butthead make my opinions worthless?

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Is it wrong that I pray for the zombie apocalypse? The Noveske is ready.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    edited April 2014
    Just finished Breaking Bad and I'm about to start Dexter and Walking Dead as well.

And @Hungry Joe‌ and Beavis and Butthead is a classic as Is South Park.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

Can't wait for Sunday night. Game of Thrones is the only show we make a point of watching at its actual broadcast time.

SWMBO and I just caught up with The Americans and really, really like that show.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Eggcelsior
    @ACN, I need start that. Love the spots during Justified.
  • nolaegghead
    Acn said:

Can't wait for Sunday night. Game of Thrones is the only show we make a point of watching at its actual broadcast time. SWMBO and I just caught up with The Americans and really, really like that show.
    Yeah, Dexter was another of those.  If it has commercials, I never watch live.  Unless it's sports.  I hate to record and watch games.  I have.  But the real time thing is part of the fun.  Plus I scream into a megaphone when something good happens, aimed at my buddy's house, if he's not watching it with me.  That's really only Saints and LSU games where it's sacrilegious to get angry at a neighbor for being obnoxious.
    Nola, did you watch True Detective? That show is bad ass.
  • Acn

@ACN, I need start that. Love the spots during Justified.

Season 1 is streaming free if you have Amazon Prime.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaegghead
    I'm saving that one.   Also like the Newsroom.

true detective was great!!!! Along the same line The Killing was great. Really enjoyed that. The Wire is prolly my all time favorite. Breaking Bad and Boardwalk empire I just can't get into. Tried so many times. Game of thrones is also great. Newsroom is extremely well written as well!
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Acn

True Detective and Game of Thrones have me a little excited for the creative future of TV, on HBO at least. I've read the GoT guys proposed 7 seasons to tell the story, and got it. True Detecive was 8 episodes, and there will be an entirely different story for season 2. I love that they are going forward with great stories, and it doesn't matter if it takes 8 episodes or 70; just let the people do their story.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Americans was great. Anyone watching Vikings? I just insomnia binged up to the current episode. Just don't go in with the notion that because it is on the History channel it will be historically accurate, and it is a great show.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Jeremy wade and river monsters is returning this Sunday...new season:)
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Eggcelsior

Americans was great. Anyone watching Vikings? I just insomnia binged up to the current episode.

Just don't go in with the notion that because it is on the History channel it will be historically accurate, and it is a great show.

I can't stand history channel. Cable has ruined all educational channels with asinine reality TV. What's the show about(Drama, documentary, etc)?
  • Chris_Wang
    Never even seen a commercial for Vikings, but then again, never watch the History Channel.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    edited April 2014
    I loved Lost until the final episode. I felt like I had been kicked in the throat when the last episode was over. 

I also loved Breaking Bad. It was probably the best series I have watched. 

I am currently watching Vikings. I just finished watching the 5th episode of the 2nd season so I am almost current. 

Just watched the pilot episode of Justified now that it is on Amazon Prime.  I will be starting True Detective soon. 

How about Banshee? Any of you seen it? I like it. It is vulgar, but there is some eye candy on there that I don't mind looking at.

I have 6 dvr's in my house and they are almost all full. Between myself, the wife, and the kids we record a lot, but don't have a lot of time to watch.

Thank goodness for streaming.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Vikings is good but Buffy the Vampire Slayer was the best. End of discussion.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • FlyingTivo
    FlyingTivo Posts: 352
    edited April 2014
    +1 on Vikings, and i stopped watching Americans. The Helix series plot was nice but acting sucked! Masters and Johnsons anyone???? ^:)^

Felipe

Men, easier fed than understood!!