Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Favorite Fast Food Place

Options
13»

Comments

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Arby's for me. Five Guys (AKA 10 Balls) is a close second
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'm going to have to hit up Taco Cabana. Drove past one in Round Rock today.

Otherwise... Five Guys, Wendy's, Raising Cane's, Popeyes, BOJANGLES - BEST FRIED CHICKEN EVAH.
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Options
    KennyLee said:

I would characterize any place that has a drive through as fast food.  Given that, I like Whataburger and Sonic.  Wasn't crazy about In-n-Out at first, but it has grown on me after having a few burgers from there.  Haven't tried Five Guys yet and do like Chipotle as others have mentioned, just don't think of that as fast food.

Whatabburger is freaking awesome. I grew up loving that! Where are you from?
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • jccbone62
    jccbone62 Posts: 248
    Options
    lots of favorites but there is one place that I always remember. Master burger in LA....
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    RLeeper said:
    KennyLee said:

I would characterize any place that has a drive through as fast food.  Given that, I like Whataburger and Sonic.  Wasn't crazy about In-n-Out at first, but it has grown on me after having a few burgers from there.  Haven't tried Five Guys yet and do like Chipotle as others have mentioned, just don't think of that as fast food.

Whatabburger is freaking awesome. I grew up loving that! Where are you from?
    Texas.....where else?   :D

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    What does the Chick-fil-A owner and Vladimir Putin have in common?  Hint, gay people.
    Options
    Pollo Tropical. If you get a bird right off the grill, they're very good. Salsa is fresh with fresh cilantro. Rice and beans ok, too. 
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    edited March 2014
    Options

I'm going to have to hit up Taco Cabana. Drove past one in Round Rock today.

Otherwise... Five Guys, Wendy's, Raising Cane's, Popeyes, BOJANGLES - BEST FRIED CHICKEN EVAH.

We eat at Raising Cane's in Athens, GA when we are in town. Love the Cane Sauce.

We pronounce Bojangles like it would be in Spanish (Bo-HAHN-gleys).

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Chris_Wang
    Options

Pollo Tropical. If you get a bird right off the grill, they're very good. Salsa is fresh with fresh cilantro. Rice and beans ok, too. 

I have some friends who graduated from Palm Beach Atlantic down your way. Is Pollo Tropical in WPB?

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Chris_Wang
    Options

What does the Chick-fil-A owner and Vladimir Putin have in common?  Hint, gay people.

I thought you were going in the world domination direction.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

For burgers, I gotta go with Whataburger, but then again I'm from the same home town. Corpus Christi, Texas Baby!! I don't get In-N-Out. It ain't that good, the cheese sucks and what's up with the fries? You can't make a good single fried fry. Regular they aren't done enough, well done they are overdone. I even ate there drunk one night and it didn't help. California can take back their in and out for all I care.

Sanwiches, I gotta go with Jersey Mike's. Used to love Subway back in the day when they actually put some meat on their subs. What is it now? Like two pieces? Quality went downhill and I quit eating there years ago.

Taco Cabana over Toxic Hell, if'n I can't find a good local place in the bario.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Chris_Wang
    Options
    @Griffin‌ Agree about Subway. Quality has regressed over the past 10 years. Do you have Firehouse Subs out your way?

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    @Chris_Wang there are a few here and there. Couldn't tell you where one is, though, anymore. Had it a few times when they first opened here. Thought it was pretty good, but there aren't any right around where we live now. I'd take that, Potbelly or WhichWich anyday over Subway. Haven't had a Jimmy John's yet to say anything about them. But over all them, I'd take a sandwhich from a Jewish Deli any day (I just happen to live in a highly Jewish area and we have two great deli nearby)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    We don't have LJS here (thankfully) but we still have fish and chips shoppies in most places. They are disappearing at an alarming rate though.
    fish and chips and the clam shacks are disappearing here. used to be maybe 30 places around town selling chicken barbs, i only know of 1 now and its in a restaurant not a sandwich shack, pulled chicken, mayo, lettuce on a hamberger bunn, cheap and quick
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it