Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New Chamber Sealer

This thing is wicked. Sealed a bunch of chicken breasts, half a ham, four packs of veal wieners and some Andouille. I sealed water and olive oil just to make sure I could.photo 002-14.jpg

photo 001-9.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,114
    Dammit, I'm jealous.

BTW, I presume that you caught last Saturday's HNIC intro with the Habs/Leafs montage set to Puccini. Awesome. Just awesome. I just saw it today and was blown away.

• jtippersjtippers Posts: 512
    Compensating for something???

J/K, I'm jealous. That looks wicked cool!
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• Damn dude. That is next level kind of stuff right there. my brand new food saver now looks like a '74 pinto.

1- LGBE
    1- KBQ C-60 (The Dishwasher)
    I- Blackstone 36" Griddle
    1- Sweet-A$$ Roccbox Pizza Oven
    1-Very Understanding and Forgiving Wife
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,444
    Sealed veal weiners? 
    =))
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • jtippers said:
    Compensating for something??? J/K, I'm jealous. That looks wicked cool!
    Nah, I make a lot of stocks and soups and stews. My procedure was to cool, bag, freeze and seal. It didn't always get done and it was messy as hell sometimes. I've also had the foodsaver bags getting funny looking in the sous vide. This will pay for itself in a year or less.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Dammit, I'm jealous.

BTW, I presume that you caught last Saturday's HNIC intro with the Habs/Leafs montage set to Puccini. Awesome. Just awesome. I just saw it today and was blown away.

No, I missed it and don't know why. I was probably cooking right up to game time. What a horrid game!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Damn dude. That is next level kind of stuff right there. my brand new food saver now looks like a '74 pinto.

We once squeezed a 289 into a pinto. A fine American automobile.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 13,488
    Wieners? Andouille? This from a guy who says he has seen hot dogs made and refuses to eat them? Cool toy though.  :)>-

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

We once squeezed a 289 into a pinto. A fine American automobile.
    And what a fine present it made for some lucky lady this time of year in 74

1- LGBE
    1- KBQ C-60 (The Dishwasher)
    I- Blackstone 36" Griddle
    1- Sweet-A$$ Roccbox Pizza Oven
    1-Very Understanding and Forgiving Wife
  • No these are store made at a European grocery chain and amazing! The Andouille was from whole foods. It was close to the distributor of the sealer. First time in. I walked in looking at all the organic stuff and went right to the meat counter. Looking at the display cases I'm thinking to myself "geez the prices aren't bad" like $2.59 for sirloin. Put my glasses on and all the pricing was per 100 grams. A pound is 454 grams. Freaking hippies. They had Andouille though and the butcher said it was an authentic recipe.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

edited December 2013
    Doesn't matter. I can't eat sat fat or salt anyway.  :(

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Sucks eh? I also got some Mexican oregano and juniper berries if that is worth anything :(

Steve 

Caledon, ON

love mex oregano. got some at penzeys. never tried juniper berries, well, except in gin.  :)) and yes, it does suck, but i'm getting used to it.

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,502
    Congrats on the new toy!
  • hapster said:
    Congrats on the new toy!

Thanks Hap, I'm about two and a half grand into this sous vide thing and haven't really read anything about it yet.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Dammit, I'm jealous.

Looks like George Armstrong in front but I don't recognize the other guy. Syl Apps maybe? Why didn't they have shoulder numbers back in the day?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,479
    I like your new toy! ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,950
    edited December 2013
    Very impressive toy.  Do you have a link?
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 3,913
    Is that the 215?
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
    XL & Small Green Egg, Shirley Trailer, Pitmaker Vault, 2 UDS, Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza Oven, BlueStar 60" Range, Bluestar Salamander
  • +1 On the jealous factor!

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 2,810
    With that many warning stickers you know that thing is bad ass
    Greensboro, NC
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 11,779
    oooooohhhh... pretty! You're gonna have fun with that, I can tell.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,973
    Nice!  I'm just guessin' that is about the price of a large egg with nest.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 6,353
    edited December 2013
    Sweet and wicked man. Is that VP115?  Can you use regular Foodsaver bags/rolls in it?

This place seems to have the best prices on the interweb.  Being in canuckistan, I won't be surprised if VP115 costs more than VP215 from this site:

canuckland
  • At over 600 dollars for something that sucks. I bet those bags are 100 a roll. I used to known some ladies that hung out on 10th and Peachtree that were a better deal Lol :) :)
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
  • At over 600 dollars for something that sucks. I bet those bags are 100 a roll. I used to known some ladies that hung out on 10th and Peachtree that were a better deal Lol :) :)
    The bags are actually pretty cheap. About ten cents each

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Sweet and wicked man. Is that VP115?  Can you use regular Foodsaver bags/rolls in it?

This place seems to have the best prices on the interweb.  Being in canuckistan, I won't be surprised if VP115 costs more than VP215 from this site:

Yes, I went there to get the 215 but I had mistaken the Vacmaster price for the Cedarlane price. It was $899 but he dropped a hundred off and gave me 100 bags and some Modernist Cuisine stuff.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 6,353
    Thanks for the info LS, it's on my long term watch list.

I guess it makes sense that the bags/rolls are cheaper because there is no need for special channels/grooves for the air to escape?
    canuckland

i agree, only I was going to say a '71 Vega.....
    Nice new toy LS, enjoy. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • That's what they told me. The other great thing is if you were doing l a couple of chicken breasts or such they stay separated in the bag and the plastic forms around them instead of scrunching them together.

Steve 

Caledon, ON