Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Update # 3 - Salado Eggfest

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum
Okay folks... Thanksgiving is over and soon it will be Christmas, then the New Year.

And that's what we need to talk about - The New Year, and more precisely, The Salado Eggfest. It's only 104 days away. Yes, we're almost down to two digits, and we all know how fast those go.

So while you're relaxing and enjoying new memories of having family and friends around with all that food, and of everyone smiling and enjoying the moment, why not say, "Hey, I've got an idea. Let's all meet up again at the Salado Eggfest in March."

And everyone will say, "Great idea! Let's do it..."

And you can remind everyone that they have just over 100 days to make the arrangements.

And you can give them the link to the Salado Eggfest site where all their questions are already answered.

http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com/

And everyone will thank you for your clear-headed thinking.

And you will forever be known as the "Smart One" in the family.

See what good ideas combined with good planning can do...

You're welcome.

See y'all in Salado.

Spring "Fest Scribe" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Can't wait...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,806
    Yeppers.  We already registered (even the baby on the way).  It was loads of fun,  even if @henapple was being his usual egg-totin' drunkard self. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    At least I cooked...
  • caliking
    Touche.  Better watch your back next year... 

• henapple
    I expect Indian food...
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,016
    @caliking, cook whatever you want and just tell @henapple it's Indian food.  He'll be too drunk to know the difference.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,693
    Are we doing this again? Hell, I will be retired :-S
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). 

• henapple
    I'll retire too... After 235 pbr's.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,016

You'd never stop just 5 beers short of 10 cases.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    henapple said:

Tony that is just called making a night of it to you.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). 

• henapple said:

Quitter
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    Foghorn said:

You'd never stop just 5 beers short of 10 cases.

He can't do long division after 231.

• caliking
    henapple said:

I expect Indian food...

Gauntlet? Thrown.

• lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Looking forward to it.  I will be there and plan to cook.  What is the entry fee for civilians?  (Non-cooking, non-Egg folks.)  I'd like to ask some family and friends to come.  I asked people to the Texas Eggfest at Lake Travis at the Iguana Grill this year, which was an awesome event, but I didn't know it was $30 a person (or something like that) for civilians and that's a bit of a surprise to people you invite.  Of course that was my fault for not finding out the cost ahead of time.  Which is why I am asking this question.

Can't wait.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • it's free for cooks and for civilians. Mickey is an alright dude.

Come for the free egg fest. Leave with a $34k Toyota.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

so true..............

• caliking
    it's free for cooks and for civilians. Mickey is an alright dude.

Which is in keeping with the egghead lifestyle... buy the egg, then spend $50-500K on the eggcessories, table, patio, pergola, and new house to go with it =))

• And liver transplants aren't cheap.................
  • lakewade

Thanks Travis (and Mickey) - that's awesome that it's free.  I've been on some of Cen-Tex's "free" outings, which I am still paying for, so I'm glad to hear it from you.

-----------
  • lakewade said:

Thanks Travis (and Mickey) - that's awesome that it's free.  I've been on some of Cen-Tex's "free" outings, which I am still paying for, so I'm glad to hear it from you.
    awesome ain't free, Holmes. Besides, after the 5th time, isn't it somewhat your fault for trusting me?

• lakewade
    awesome ain't free, Holmes. Besides, after the 5th time, isn't it somewhat your fault for trusting me?
    I wish it was only 5 times but you have a good point.  Here's to another bad idea in Salado?

-----------
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Jeez CT, you mentioned something about your threads devolving into juvenile antics and going down hill. Corollary for you since the age of consent?
  • Mickey
    lakewade said:
    Looking forward to it.  I will be there and plan to cook.  What is the entry fee for civilians?  (Non-cooking, non-Egg folks.)  I'd like to ask some family and friends to come.  I asked people to the Texas Eggfest at Lake Travis at the Iguana Grill this year, which was an awesome event, but I didn't know it was $30 a person (or something like that) for civilians and that's a bit of a surprise to people you invite.  Of course that was my fault for not finding out the cost ahead of time.  Which is why I am asking this question.

Can't wait.

Please be sure and be registered before hand by the blog. We need the info and you want to be signed up for one of 4 free Mini Eggs given away.